SUSP: Camber Kit Repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SUSP: Camber Kit Repair

Okay, I'm writing this DIY so I can take it off my sig. I don't know how many people were having my problem, but maybe you can learn from me.

Culprit: Drop Zone Camber kits (probably Ingalls too)

Whenever I would go down the road and either turn my wheel end to end I would hear a popping sound. I thought it was my ball joints, but after thorough inspection, I came to the conclusion they needed to be replaced but were not causing the sound. So, i started shaking the steering knuckle on the passenger side because that's where the sound was coming from. Sure enough the thing swayed left to right with little or no pressure at all. The bushings were totally loose.....now this could be because, once again drop zone products are pieces of shit, I have to spray my camber kits with lube every week because they squeak like a bitch. So I thought to myself, how the hell an i gonna fix this? I took out one of the camber kits and went to Lowe's (in my other car of course ) I found four 3/4" flat washers that fit right around the bushing on the outside of the kit. Bought em, went home and started chanting "Please let them work." I had originally planned to put two on each camber kit. Didn't work out so I put one on each. It's perfect now, just make sure you put them on either the outsides or insides. I put mine on the insides closest to the coil springs. I thought that with one washer it would still be loose, but when I tightened em down, it was tight as hell. Success!
    I hate thieves!

I had the same exact problem when I bought camber kits for my car. Bought them cheap on ebay...guess that what happens when you go the cheap way...anyways I inserted washers in between and are perfect now.

Comment

....another happy customer
      I hate thieves!

Comment

could you post a picture or diagram to help me visualize?

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
        "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
        "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
          could you post a picture or diagram to help me visualize?
          what he said
          92 DA9 // 93 D21 4x4 // 92 CB7

Comment

hmm...i still need understand how the washers would do anything...i hate DIY without pictures!!

=P

Comment

Yea this is not very helpful...just a pic of the finished product would help. I'm gonna need a camber kit soon...

Originally posted by lordoja
              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

def. pics dude, i have a camber kit on the way

Comment

my car is too low for a cmaber kit.

Comment

Originally posted by LX Rida
                    my car is too low for a cmaber kit.
                    no car is too low for a camber kit.. you can customize them to fit any drop.

my boys 4" drop with 0 camber angle.. never had a issue with tires.

Adam - Retired OG member from '03
                    2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
                    2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
                    2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

Sorry but is that the CB7 coupe with the lambo doors and the 20's?
                      I cheated on my cb7 with an e30.....Not cool. I will be a honda boy at heart though woop woop

Comment

Originally posted by rebels
                        no car is too low for a camber kit.. you can customize them to fit any drop.

my boys 4" drop with 0 camber angle.. never had a issue with tires.

How does he keep his a-arm from banging a whole through his fender? Camber kits just push that thing out, and even an adjustable balljoint would bang at that extreme of a drop. I know because I speak from experience.

"Sticker this, censor this, ban this
                        We got something to say!
                        Police this, condemn this, damn this
                        We'll be heard anyway!
                        Middle finger is the flag that I wave when I'm silenced!" - MuDvAyNe, "Silenced"

Comment

Originally posted by evol90accord
                          How does he keep his a-arm from banging a whole through his fender? Camber kits just push that thing out, and even an adjustable balljoint would bang at that extreme of a drop. I know because I speak from experience.
                          Strut tower braces are cut out, and he has a large custom welded strut bar on there.

Yes, thats the car with CC2 headlights, lambo doors, and 19" HRE wheels now.
                          Adam - Retired OG member from '03
                          2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
                          2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
                          2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

do u have a pic of what to cut out i have the same problem it bangs up against the strut tower
                            92 accord dx....traded
                            97 accord ex....traded
                            93 civic si ....stolen
                            96 tercel ....sold
                            97 ek hatch b17 ..traded
                            97 civic 4door b16 sold
                            04 tsx traded ...for a honda coupe (top secret)

Comment

Not very smart to be cutting that... its the subframe of the car. Its your car, do what you want tho. I know lots of people have done it, I just think its asking for trouble.

"Sticker this, censor this, ban this
                              We got something to say!
                              Police this, condemn this, damn this
                              We'll be heard anyway!
                              Middle finger is the flag that I wave when I'm silenced!" - MuDvAyNe, "Silenced"

Comment

Working...
                              X