X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lowoctane
    replied
    Originally posted by starchland
    according to http://www.honda.co.uk/owner/AccordManual/400/12-38.pdf when removing the rear spring/shock assembly, the upper ball joint has to be disconnected is this necessary?
    def. not!!!!, i didnt touch the ball joint at all.

Leave a comment:

• starchland
    replied
    according to http://www.honda.co.uk/owner/AccordManual/400/12-38.pdf when removing the rear spring/shock assembly, the upper ball joint has to be disconnected is this necessary?

Leave a comment:

• ACC0RD22
    replied
    Originally posted by lowoctane

you can do what i did, see how far we could launch the shocks when we where unbolting them while they where on the ground, wow those things are powerful, they could put on a hurtin if they hit someone lol...even though it blew my stock ones in the process.
    yea, people have died that way . . . do it into a field where you cant see anyone in front of you . . . at all, that should be enough room

Leave a comment:

• starchland
    replied
    thank you sir

Leave a comment:

• starchland
    replied
    anyone have a list of the torque specs for reinstalling the bolts?

Leave a comment:

• lowoctane
    replied
    Originally posted by accordztech
    if u were changing struts on a lowerd car do you need to compress the spring again? or can u just undo the bolt?

i heard u can also just undo the bolt when the car is on the ground, and then lift the car up and the spring will be decompressed as well...?
    if the car was already lowered and the lowering springs where already settled on the shocks you wouldnt need one at all, just make sure there is a little play between the shock and the springs, i didnt need one to put on the springs onto my shock, thats a 2.0 drop spring.

i wouldnt really trust the doing it while on ground bit, do that at your own risk.

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16
    yeah.. haha.. then how do u get the spring out if its uncompressed??.. lol no way in hell ull get it out..
    you can do what i did, see how far we could launch the shocks when we where unbolting them while they where on the ground, wow those things are powerful, they could put on a hurtin if they hit someone lol...even though it blew my stock ones in the process.

Leave a comment:

• WiKKeDV16
    replied
    yeah.. haha.. then how do u get the spring out if its uncompressed??.. lol no way in hell ull get it out..

Leave a comment:

• accordztech
    replied
    if u were changing struts on a lowerd car do you need to compress the spring again? or can u just undo the bolt?

i heard u can also just undo the bolt when the car is on the ground, and then lift the car up and the spring will be decompressed as well...?

Leave a comment:

• lowoctane
    replied
    Originally posted by i_love_cb7
    how long does it take to do this and how hard is it?

and don't u need a spring compressor??
    with taking STOCK springs off of the shocks, i would recommend a compressor, on lower springs say from a 2.0inch drop and lower you shouldnt need one at all, just some pushing can get the springs on there...it took me say 2 1/2 hours with the problems i kept running into, and transfering everything from my stock shocks to my tokico's..but thats because i never did suspension, someone with experience, say about max of an Hour...and i would give it from a scale of 1-10, about a 6 or so.

Leave a comment:

• i_love_cb7
    replied
    how long does it take to do this and how hard is it?

and don't u need a spring compressor??

Leave a comment:

• lowoctane
    replied
    Originally posted by accordztech
    i have a tip:

i had an issue the other day that i think you guys should hear. when putting back the fork on the strut there is this alignment thing that will only go on one way, or you cant get the stupid bolt on...i didnt know this and it never ligned up correctly...i had to take everything apart again.
    well on the front, mine went right in, had no problem what so ever, heheh...but on the rear the bolt was a bitch to get it to thread in and line up correctly...well sense i had mine on a lift when i did it, i took two(2) Flat Head Screwdrivers and finaggled it into place, basically used them both the manuver everything, made it a lot easier, but that was for me..could be harder for others.

Leave a comment:

• accordztech
    replied
    i have a tip:

i had an issue the other day that i think you guys should hear. when putting back the fork on the strut there is this alignment thing that will only go on one way, or you cant get the stupid bolt on...i didnt know this and it never ligned up correctly...i had to take everything apart again.

but i like these directions. my steps were:

unbolt lower control arm bolt
    unbolt brake lines
    unbolt the fork and pull down to allow the strut to be free
    unbolt the strut mount and take out the strut

pretty damn easy. took me like 20 minutes.

oh i found a shop that sells coil compressors for like 10 bucks! hella happy! i bought a set.

Leave a comment:

• H23 Lude
    replied
    nice write up

Leave a comment:

• starchland
    replied
    oh really available thru canadian tire order?

Leave a comment:

• YK86
    replied
    I'm going to be swapping out my AGX's for Konis soon so I can take pics as I do it. Anybody have certain pics they want?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X