SUSP: front end alignment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SUSP: front end alignment

ok guys i had a bad pull to the right from my freaking car being out of align, most didnt even want to drive me car it was so bad but here we go i will post pics later

Tools you will need:

String
    Wrench to fit tie rods ( will post size later )

THATS IT!!!

( my car currently has stock height also im on 13 inch rims so i didnt have to take my tire off but if you are lower or on stock rims her are the other tools you will need)

4 way lug nut remover
    jack

Step 1: have a friend hold the string while u go around all four tires....

(if you have to jack up your cb and secure it with stands)

(also remove tire)

Step 2: Loosen the adjusting nut on inner tierod.....

Step 3: Make adjustments till all tires have the string touching at the 9 and 3 or the tire, (*as if u were looking at a clock)

Step 4: Tighten the adjusting nuts when best look is achieved, (notice this is front wheel alignment not rear so if the rear doesnt touch see a shop)

Step 5: Go for a test drive, if car pulls to the left, loosen the adjusting nut on the front driver side tire, which basically brings out the back side to make the tire straight, vice versa for if the car pulls left.

So basically if your steering wheel sits to the left when you drive, you need to find which tire isnt straight with the steeriing wheel straight, and adjust the inner tierod

Experiment till steering wheel sits just like you want it, took me two times of adjusting, make sure to tighten adjusting nuts on tierods when done,

goodbye paying for front end alignments
    Last edited by H22A91CB7; 06-13-2009, 01:47 PM.

pics or ban
    ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
      pics or ban
      ok ok...they will be up by the end of the day, batterys dead, and no gas in the cb from driving up and down the road admiring my steering wheel

Comment

Originally posted by H22A91CB7 View Post
        Step 1: have a friend hold the string while u go around all four tires....

(if you have to jack up your cb and secure it with stands)

(also remove tire)

specially with dropped cars.. you're better of aligning with the car on the ground w/ the driver in it.. alignment changes when you jack up the car..

Comment

i'll wait for pics....that'll be great

Purchased from: 90-JDMCB7, cb95spd, 92_dr_p, ukaccord92, slammed4thgen, 93a-lude, h22anow, cb7addicted, H22WAGON93, tonymontana1204, agol, Joshy

Sold to: di2accord

Comment

Still no pics?

Comment

you can adjust the rear by turning the screw that bolts the control arm to the k member(i was actually gonna do this tomorrow, alignment got thrown off when i raised my car). the only problem with the string alignment is that manufacturers usually specify a toe setting for a particular car, still good info
              [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

ya umm pics...I dont know where the tie rod bolt is at =(

Comment

you could always pay $150 for a lifetime alignment and never have to pay for one on that car again too. and you'll know your numbers.

I would do this as a temporary fix, but if you want everything to be right, get it done.

Comment

I am a visual person...you tell me how a hundred times but I won't get it...

show me once and I got it
                    ____

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
                      you could always pay $150 for a lifetime alignment and never have to pay for one on that car again too. and you'll know your numbers.

I would do this as a temporary fix, but if you want everything to be right, get it done.
                      I almost did that, then 3 months later that Firestone place near me went out of business, its a good thing I didn't.

member's ride thread
                      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                      91 Accord SE 176k
                      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

i might be doing this when i finish fixing my car. Just get it align enough for me to get to the shop

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                          I almost did that, then 3 months later that Firestone place near me went out of business, its a good thing I didn't.
                          there are firestone's all over my me. practically one every 5-10 miles.

Comment

this controls toe in, or out
                            [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

I'm sorry , this is a great DIY for the the... ghetto

like flateline said , chew out a few $$ and get a lifetime align ,it later pays for itself

, car might drive straight when the probability is that your still losing a few thousand miles on the tires every year

surely but slowly , you tires will wear out from the inside - out

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
                              -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

Working...
                              X