Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SUSP: Front Brake Rotor Removal and Replacement VIDEO!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SUSP: Front Brake Rotor Removal and Replacement VIDEO!

Found this on the net on Youtube. I know A LOT of CB7tuners would appreciate this in a realtime video vs. a conventional writeup. He shows you how to replace the Hub over Rotor, or "captive" brake rotors as he calls it. A great step-by-step solution if you have to do this in the near future. So spare 10 min of your time and watch this! Thanks goes to EricTheCarGuy for making it. Moderators if you see this, could you sticky it? thanks!

P.S. I found this interesting...and never knew until i saw this. But note the G and L bolts for the caliper and the positions they take. Make sure you mate those up to their respective locations.

Last edited by Losiracer2; 12-22-2009, 05:55 AM.

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

I could have used this about 2 weeks ago. Hopefully someone else will watch these because they are the most detailed you could get with this shit. And saves you money from droppin off your car to les shwab. They wanted about 350 just to replace the wheel bearing. When the wheel bearing is only 40- 100 at most.

My New Ride
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=82630

Comment

I like how he used the long bolts and the air hammer.
      MRT: http://www.cd5tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=5748

Comment

Originally posted by djkurious View Post
        I like how he used the long bolts and the air hammer.
        yeah whatever you do, don't just take the 12pt 10mm bolts out 3/4's the way and start hammering on those lol. Use some long bolts like he did b/c you kinda have to hit those pretty hard to "walk" the hub assembly w/ the bearing off the rotor.

member's ride thread
        91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150429
          Beat ya by 3 days, lets hope yours doesn't get thrown in the off topic thread like mine, i thought i'd be extremely useful, guess not.

Comment

Originally posted by rayray91 View Post
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150429
            Beat ya by 3 days, lets hope yours doesn't get thrown in the off topic thread like mine, i thought i'd be extremely useful, guess not.
            well it matters if its in the right section lol. This is a DIY, so I posted it in the DIY section.

member's ride thread
            91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
              well it matters if its in the right section lol. This is a DIY, so I posted it in the DIY section.
              LMAO, i said it got moved to off topic and if you didn't read it i also asked why it was moved to off topic.
              And since i couldn't post in DIY yet i did so in the Beginner Technical Thread because i thought i'd be helpful for noobies, Do you know why it was moved, if so then let me know???

Comment

Originally posted by rayray91 View Post
                LMAO, i said it got moved to off topic and if you didn't read it i also asked why it was moved to off topic.
                And since i couldn't post in DIY yet i did so in the Beginner Technical Thread because i thought i'd be helpful for noobies, Do you know why it was moved, if so then let me know???
                no, one of the moderators probably was in a weird mood lol. no biggie, I look at it this way, now everyone has twice the opportnity to see the vid

member's ride thread
                91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

This is going to be very helpful next week

Originally posted by visualpoet
                  some owners think it's the best thing since titties

Comment

fuck, i wish i had a plce to work on my car
                    i need to get this done

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                      one of the moderators probably was in a weird mood lol. no biggie, I look at it this way, now everyone has twice the opportnity to see the vid
                      LOL, same here bro, my first reply was geared towards them understanding not to move yours.

Comment

are the rear rotors the same? please tell me their not so atleast its only 2 troublesome rotors instead of 4

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
                        When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by JaberCB7 View Post
                          are the rear rotors the same? please tell me their not so atleast its only 2 troublesome rotors instead of 4
                          oh no the rear rotors are a cinch to do. They're Rotor over hub, so the most work you'd have to do to get them off is to undo 2 phillips head screws and take the caliper off, thats it, then they slide right off the hub.

member's ride thread
                          91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

wow, great video and DIY.
                            I'll use it in about two weeks time Yeah !!!
                            CB8-Tuner

Comment

wow im surprised he took the whole thing out. I usally get to the 4 bolts on the car, its not hard at all.

I usually do it in about 40 minutes a side
                              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
                              X