SUSP : Rear 5-Lug Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hotboxnaccord View Post
    took da bolt off an came rite off but im trying to put the lude bearing on an its dead even with the accord spindle it doesnt even slide on its a dead even its like the outer diamater is the same as the spindle
    I know what you are saying. Looks like your race is still on the shaft. The shaft should not have any tapering on it like the pic portrays. it should just be a long shaft=== and not ==< catch my drift?

Thats why I was asking if you can see the ball bearings exposed on the accord wheel bearing. the rear of both wheel bearings should look the same. If the accord one looks different then your race is still on the shaft.

Take lots of pb blaster and try to take off the race, being careful not to score the shaft at all.

More pictures should help us too. Trust me I had the same problem. The accord bearing came off like butter, but the rear race was stuck on the shaft.

Paul

Sold, but not forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by bacal36 View Post
      I know what you are saying. Looks like your race is still on the shaft. The shaft should not have any tapering on it like the pic portrays. it should just be a long shaft=== and not ==< catch my drift?

Thats why I was asking if you can see the ball bearings exposed on the accord wheel bearing. the rear of both wheel bearings should look the same. If the accord one looks different then your race is still on the shaft.

Take lots of pb blaster and try to take off the race, being careful not to score the shaft at all.

More pictures should help us too. Trust me I had the same problem. The accord bearing came off like butter, but the rear race was stuck on the shaft.

Paul

how do i take that "race" off to make it not tapper does any one have pics?

Comment

so i found my issues with the 5 lug ...... when u do a disc conversion DONT use 94-97 disc if u wana do a 5 lug ...now i have to swich spindles off a 92 ex coupe maybe tomarrow to get it to work rite with the prelude bearings hopefully i have it done before the car show!! tomarrow gunna be a long day

Comment

where are the pics?

Comment

Originally posted by prodh22accord View Post
            where are the pics?
            so it took me like 6 hours to do it but i got it done all by my self but dagrk1 helped a lil thanks manny an brandon for the help pics up tomarrow

Comment

so here are the only pics i got for now im waiting for my lca to get done at a local shop front be on maybe next weekend (hopefully) an just needa alignment haha an an yes im rocking 15" steelies for now an the ONLY cb7 in illionis with the 5 lug!!!

Last edited by hotboxnaccord; 07-18-2010, 02:17 PM.

Comment

here are the new blue lug nuts

Comment

here are the new blue lug nuts

looking good, im looking to doing this conversion but im gonna wait, i want to get new shocks and energy suspension kit and ball joints/tie rods so i can do the whole suspension in one shot then take it for aligment ONCE i learn my lesson last time i took my car 4 times in one summer

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
                  When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Your stickers, i love them.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                    Originally posted by Jarrett
                    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
                      Your stickers, i love them.
                      haha thanks man she will be parked after the starved rock meet nov 7th might pull motor an start working on wire tuck 5 speed conversion an plugin an shaving da bay an will be gettin my other cb running soon too

Comment

Originally posted by JaberCB7 View Post
                        looking good, im looking to doing this conversion but im gonna wait, i want to get new shocks and energy suspension kit and ball joints/tie rods so i can do the whole suspension in one shot then take it for aligment ONCE i learn my lesson last time i took my car 4 times in one summer

thanks buddy i think i added you on face book the other day :P

Comment

Pics on the DIY are broken, anyone got working pics?

Why shouldn't you use 94-97 EX rear discs if you have an LX and want to do the 5-lug? As I understood it, the rear end from 90 to 97 were basically identical....
                          '93 LX Coupe

Comment

ok so to make sure i have this right to do the 5 lug conversion on my drum brakes i need everything for a disk swap plus lude hub and itr rear rotors correct???

Comment

Originally posted by jakeafton View Post
                              Pics on the DIY are broken, anyone got working pics?

Why shouldn't you use 94-97 EX rear discs if you have an LX and want to do the 5-lug? As I understood it, the rear end from 90 to 97 were basically identical....
                              i had a 97 disc conversion an the prelude hubs are smaller then the shaft it self an this is a diy for a 90-93 ex conversion hahah trust me i ran into the problems i bitched at ppl for sending me the wrong stuff when it didnt work haha

Comment

Originally posted by riotstarter1992 View Post
                                ok so to make sure i have this right to do the 5 lug conversion on my drum brakes i need everything for a disk swap plus lude hub and itr rear rotors correct???
                                do buy 90-93 CB7 accord or it wont work

Comment

Working...
                                X