No announcement yet.

SUSP: Rear cross member swap / Rear sway bar install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i been meaning to ask you the purpose of this???? I understand the wagon amrs are different, and so is the cross member, but what's the purpose???? do you feel a difference??? besides from the weight that you added...
    JDM Parts for sale

Comment

Originally posted by dannyd View Post
      i been meaning to ask you the purpose of this???? I understand the wagon amrs are different, and so is the cross member, but what's the purpose???? do you feel a difference??? besides from the weight that you added...
      Well he and I did this to my car, so as for the feeling a difference part. YES! haha I have a DX so my control arms were different and we put the cross member on so I could put a sway bar on. On the original DX cross member there is no place to mount the sway bar. So I mean I don't really know how much the control arms made a difference but I know the cross member was worth it cause the rear sway bar made a HUGE difference!

Click For MRT

Comment

Originally posted by C-Rod View Post

^^^^^ so this is pretty much the same DIY...only better, explained and more pics....

Originally posted by C-Rod View Post
        Well he and I did this to my car, so as for the feeling a difference part. YES! haha I have a DX so my control arms were different and we put the cross member on so I could put a sway bar on. On the original DX cross member there is no place to mount the sway bar. So I mean I don't really know how much the control arms made a difference but I know the cross member was worth it cause the rear sway bar made a HUGE difference!

gotcha.
        JDM Parts for sale

Comment

Haha Yeah its the exact DIY, I found it after Tippey posted this and I thought that the other DIY did a little bit of a better job

Click For MRT

Comment

i say skip the trouble

i swapped memebers, because i got it for free, tried a 16mm sway
            and compared to not having one, it is a difference, but a 22mm from suspension tekniques is the way to go, shitty part is, after you busted ass swaping crossmembers, the ST bar bolts up using the long 17mm bolts

understeer is non-existent in my car anymore
            also i suggest swapping the front with a 26mm from a cd5 ex
            Originally posted by deevergote
            Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Great DIY

Thanks for the tip, tippey

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Does the 1993 LX coupe have the same crossmember as the EX? I'm wondering if the control arms and crossmember have the provisions for a rear sway bar?

Thanks
                1993 Accord LX Coupe 5spd

Comment

Sway Bars/Anti-roll bars

DX/LX = No

EX/SE = Yes

If you want to install an OEM sway bar from an EX into your LX you will need the rear sway bar AND the rear crossmember from the EX. DX and LX models did not have the mounting points for a sway bar at all.

The good news is that stuff is dirt cheap or in my case...free. just look around and see what you can find. Shouldn't be too hard to get what you need and will be well worth it. Understeer will be dramatically reduced. Good luck!

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Just to add on what function>form said

The LX wagons actually have rear sway bars

Although the 1993 10th anniversary edition has rear disc brakes it does not share the nitrogen charged struts and sway bars from the EX models.

Comment

i did this as well except with a 94 EX rear end just wanted to let you guys know the 5th gen rear end with struts and all completely bolts in. disk brakes are fantastic too! i already had an ex rear end except i have a 91 so it had drums and 330ish thousand mile worn out bushings. also i have heard the 5th gen sway bar is larger and it may be easier to come by
                      Blake.
                      1994 Accord Part out!
                      Me and my step dad's 1991 Accord EX Coupe MRT

82 accord-rip, 94 geo-sold, 82 cavilier-rip,81 civic-rip,88 accord- rip, 88 legend- rip, 91 civic- sold,97 geo-sold, 92 accord- sold 94 accord- RIP, 1990 Camry- RIP

Comment

I did a whole rear swap from an acura CL 2.3 coupe. Crossmember, big brakes, bigger sway bar than EX cb7. Just have to run the handbrake lines. The CL arms are a bit longer, which gives the car a slightly wider stance, and handles like a completely diff car. Pics in my mr thread.
                        My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds View Post
                          I did a whole rear swap from an acura CL 2.3 coupe. Crossmember, big brakes, bigger sway bar than EX cb7. Just have to run the handbrake lines. The CL arms are a bit longer, which gives the car a slightly wider stance, and handles like a completely diff car. Pics in my mr thread.
                          The cl does not have bigger rear brakes

I couldn't really find any pictures in your MRT either of the swap. At least not anything recently.

Comment

Does it eat up rear tires because the rear is longer? Just a thought

Click For MRT

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                              The cl does not have bigger rear brakes

I couldn't really find any pictures in your MRT either of the swap. At least not anything recently.
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=65297&page=10

Click For MRT

Comment

i was looking for this and thanks to a member i found it thank you guys

paypal info:leonardorivera50@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...
                                X