SUSP: Fender braces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kboers View Post
    Just curious about visibility and location. Is the bar visible at all with the fender on, like when the door is open? and does it impede opening the door at all? Maybe post a pic with the fender on
    You'll be able to see the hinge mounts when the door is open but it doesn't interfere with door movement at all. I am going to scuff it up and the body behind it and paint the area with black rubberized undercoating so I doubt it'll even be noticed with the door open.
    My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Seems kinda hack to mount the lower hinge mount like that, I would've cut the tube and re-welded it so the hinge mount fits right
      1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
        Seems kinda hack to mount the lower hinge mount like that, I would've cut the tube and re-welded it so the hinge mount fits right
        That would work well, I badly need to learn how to weld, I could do so much more cool projects! Until then I'll figure out a way without welding.
        My Member's Ride Thread

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

I finally got my fender back on and it clears the brace with plenty of room, the bottom of the fender is the closest to the bar but still has ~1" of room.

I scuffed up the bar and frame and sprayed black rubberized undercoating/deadener on the bar and frame. Covered up the white and the little bit of surface rust that was under there.
          My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Excellent DIY, thanks for your contribution

Formerly 91AccordExR33
            11.68 @ 127mph
            417whp/375wtq
            Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Yeah man, this is awesome!

Structurally, that would improve that chassis flex from side-side and in up and down motions or contracting of suspension components like springs. Plus to recover from suspension shock under heavy cornering loads. I'm glad you noticed an improvement in handling; definitely makes all the work worth it in the end. Do you autoX?

life is good.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ metadelic View Post
                Yeah man, this is awesome!

Structurally, that would improve that chassis flex from side-side and in up and down motions or contracting of suspension components like springs. Plus to recover from suspension shock under heavy cornering loads. I'm glad you noticed an improvement in handling; definitely makes all the work worth it in the end. Do you autoX?
                You think it makes a difference in side to side too? I was thinking it did but thought it must be my imagination.

I don't officially auto-x but I'm a pretty aggressive driver, especially when nobody else is on the road.
                My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Just in here to let everyone know the broken pic links have been fixed.
                  My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

thank you thank you for fixing the pictures xD I really wanna do this!
                    blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

Working...
                    X