Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i97supratti
    replied
    IF the piston doesn't turn back into the rotor then the caliper is seized right?

Leave a comment:

• HondaFan81
    replied
    I HIGHLY suggest, when you remove all the parts to do this rear rotor/pad replacement, take the extra time and remove the caliper bracket to clean & grease the pins well. These pins can seize up over time and will cause awkward wear and possible lock-up. Also, note the condition of your brake piston boot and check for tears/leaks, etc. BEFORE turning the piston back into the caliper bore, I suggest spraying silicone lubricant spray on the rubber before so that it's nice and supple as you turn it back, otherwise if it's dry it can tear easily.

Leave a comment:

• starchland
    replied
    Originally posted by timmy0tool
    yes they are NOT pressed on like the front. the rear is designed conventionally. no pressing is necessary. the front does need pressing unless you do the rotor-over-hub conversion with the parts you stated above. it is not necessary to get the acura parts for the rear though. good luck!

nice write up! i'm glad you replaced them since they were looking terrible. they look much better now and i bet they function better too. good job. i suggest wearing shoes next time though for your safety. even though it is uncomfortable, i would rather feel that way than risk losing a toe or two. safety first brother. just my $0.02 !
    I was reading a recent thread on here where people said the fronts arent pressed on? also haynes doesnt say anything about it either.

Leave a comment:

• FishyMan
    replied
    can u guys do the FRONT...!! i think thats the worse..

Leave a comment:

• Maple50175
    replied
    Originally posted by fliplyricist1
    great write up man thanks

I'm just curious though, for those of us with 10th anniversaries that came with 4 wheel ABS, does this same procedure apply? or is it just better to bring it to a shop?

Same procedure. I think i saw the abs thinging on my rear disks. ah o well

yeah shoes next time!

Another good DIY comming this weekend so watch out!

Leave a comment:

• timmy0tool
    replied
    Originally posted by i97supratti
    I got a question. For the rear, the rotors are not pressed on right? The hub is over the rotor, or is it backwards? I'm sorta confused.

For the front, the hub is over the rotor and they are pressed together. So you need a shop to unpress them, and then you can install new rotors right? OR you can just get 99 2.3CL hub and rotors and install them on the front right? And it's not necessary to get 99 2.3CL hub and rotors for the rear right?
    yes they are NOT pressed on like the front. the rear is designed conventionally. no pressing is necessary. the front does need pressing unless you do the rotor-over-hub conversion with the parts you stated above. it is not necessary to get the acura parts for the rear though. good luck!

nice write up! i'm glad you replaced them since they were looking terrible. they look much better now and i bet they function better too. good job. i suggest wearing shoes next time though for your safety. even though it is uncomfortable, i would rather feel that way than risk losing a toe or two. safety first brother. just my $0.02 !

Leave a comment:

• i97supratti
    replied
    I got a question. For the rear, the rotors are not pressed on right? The hub is over the rotor, or is it backwards? I'm sorta confused.

For the front, the hub is over the rotor and they are pressed together. So you need a shop to unpress them, and then you can install new rotors right? OR you can just get 99 2.3CL hub and rotors and install them on the front right? And it's not necessary to get 99 2.3CL hub and rotors for the rear right?

Leave a comment:

• fliplyricist1
    replied
    great write up man thanks

I'm just curious though, for those of us with 10th anniversaries that came with 4 wheel ABS, does this same procedure apply? or is it just better to bring it to a shop?

Leave a comment:

• HenRoc
    replied
    Meh not a big loss lol.

Leave a comment:

• Maple50175
    replied
    Originally posted by Accrdkid
    I thought that hammer looked mad familiar thats mines lol oh well nice work Wayne
    haha thats where it came from lol. Want it back? lol It does come in handy

Leave a comment:

• HenRoc
    replied
    I thought that hammer looked mad familiar thats mines lol oh well nice work Wayne

Leave a comment:

• Maple50175
    replied
    You can do the front but they are pressed on. To me it's not worth doing yourself unless you have the proper tools and time.

Leave a comment:

• ZcMack
    replied
    i did my rear brakes earlier this summer, but not my front brakes are shot. is it safe for me to perform this same process in the front, even though i have ABS? (the light is on).

Leave a comment:

• Maple50175
    replied
    Originally posted by Chan_Man
    ROTFL I just notice you wore no shoes LOL thats pimp man!

haha yes. That's because i couldnt find any socks in my house and feet were sweating in my shoes so im like screw it ill just do it with my bare feet!

Leave a comment:

• Chan_Man
    replied
    ROTFL I just notice you wore no shoes LOL thats pimp man!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X