No announcement yet.

SUSP: Spc Camber Kit Install With Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how has this kit been holding up for you??? has it come loose at all..
    .............................-----------------93 Ex Coupe[/COLOR]-----------------

My CD7

Comment

Originally posted by 93cb7ExCoupe
      ???
      .............................-----------------93 Ex Coupe[/COLOR]-----------------

My CD7

Comment

Originally posted by 93cb7ExCoupe
        It's still holding up perfectly

My swap thread
        Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

thanks.

My CD7

Comment

I have this kit and it bangs the shit out of top inner fender.
            I'am lowered about 3.0 inches.
            will be raising the car soon and will update.

MRThttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=84102 93se h22/t2t4

Comment

i have spc camber kits on front and rear, no problem out of the rear but the front was hitting the top of the fenderwell, but my car was pretty much as low as it could go, couln't even get a hydralic jack under it. i rased the car up and inch and still have yet to have it bang again, these kist are very well made, i have been rolling on mine for 2 years now and it's still holding up

My Members Ride Thread

Comment

Any updates on this?

Are you still running with them on? How many miles have you put on them?

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Yep, still running with these on. They are great. I have 253,000 miles on the car now. So probably 20 to 30 thousand miles since I installed these. I'm guessing.
                  Last edited by 4CYLPOWER92; 02-04-2008, 01:12 AM.

My swap thread

Comment

How much of the "camber adjustment" did you need? ie I purchased the SPC 0.00 to +1.50 and am hoping I'll have enough adjustment for ~2.0" drop eventually.
                    My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Originally posted by 19dabeast85
                      How much of the "camber adjustment" did you need? ie I purchased the SPC 0.00 to +1.50 and am hoping I'll have enough adjustment for ~2.0" drop eventually.
                      I think I needed about half of what these are capable of, so that would be about +1.50. I am on a 1.75" drop in front supposedly.

My swap thread

Comment

I just installed the low profile version of this camber kit. It saves about .5" of height above the control arm, which helps with the banging issue.

I am lowered just about 2", and I still have a good 2-3"+ with the car on the ground. I doubt I will be hitting them.

The additional lower profile would be good for those considering more extreme drops, as .5" in travel can make a big difference. The downside is the the nuts are much wider, and aren't very thick, so it would probably be fairly easy to round them if you aren't careful. Especially considering the new torque specs are 120 lb/ft.

All in all though, a great buy.

For those concerned about durability, the shaft that you screw the nut onto is larger than the stem of the OEM balljoint. As long as the metal work is good, it won't ever be a problem.

Currently lowered on Neuspeed sports, with Tokico Illuminas, and I needed the bigger kit, as I am right at 2.0* negative.
                        Last edited by owequitit; 02-06-2008, 01:00 AM.
                        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

^^ Good info. Sounds like SPC took a good product to an even greater level with these changes. I'll still stick with my old ones for awhile, till I either decide to go lower, or they just wear out from age or something.

My swap thread

Comment

there isn't a clip or anything holding that old ball joint in?
                            Is it just pressed in?

But once you place the new one in that nut at the top holds in it?
                            ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx
                              there isn't a clip or anything holding that old ball joint in?
                              Is it just pressed in?

But once you place the new one in that nut at the top holds in it?

There are two plates. One that presses into the control arm, from the bottom, that the actual balljoint slides back and forth in, and then another guide plate that goes on top of the control arm. The balljoint slides in the bottom plate, and the balljoint nut is recessed in the top plate. Since both plates are bigger than the hole, and one is on top and one on bottom, with a huge nut, they aren't going anywhere. You would probably have to destroy the control arm first. It seems complex, but when you see it, it is really a good idea.
                              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

how u do that? cause i need cambers badly! i'm on a 2 1/2 drop.

Comment

Working...
                                X