SUSP: Camber Measure and Rear Washer Trick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by accordaffair
    Can you do something similiar to the front?
    Ya, you can use the jig to measure the front camber, but you obviously cannot adjust the camber without the addition of concentric bushings, or the upper ball joints.

This jig cannot be used for setting the alignment either..... For that, I go to 4 identical jack stands with a perimeter setup around the car as a reference point.
    1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Nice, but I would never do the washer trick. Id be afraid.
      I felt similiar, until I looked at what ingalls sells for fixing rear camber in the cb...

http://www.ingallseng.com/parts/38940.htm

If its good enough for the pros to sell, its good enough for me...

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
      where you been, is something wrong?
      i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Originally posted by accordaffair
        I felt similiar, until I looked at what ingalls sells for fixing rear camber in the cb...

http://www.ingallseng.com/parts/38940.htm

If its good enough for the pros to sell, its good enough for me...
        i have the whole arm with balljoint from ingalls..oh well.

i hope you guys are using high grade bolts not no bolts to hold up a patio...
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Ingalls sells the entire arm? I'll have to look into that...

Will the washer fix stop the arms from hitting over bumps? I've had that problem since my last drop, which was only about 1.5" in the rear.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote

Will the washer fix stop the arms from hitting over bumps? I've had that problem since my last drop, which was only about 1.5" in the rear.
            where have you been?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-97...spagenameZWDVW
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote

The rears hit, how is that possible? My rear drop is the same w/no issues.

Do they hit up top, or on the inner fender?
              1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Can anyone good at math tell me the formula to get degrees (of camber). I have a T-square and if I can tell the difference in distance between the top lip of the rim and the bottom lip of the rim, how can I get the degrees of camber?

Lets say, for example, you measure the bottom lip as 2 inches away from the t-square, and the top lip as 3 inches away from the t-square, meaning theres a difference of 1 inch between the top and bottom, 1 inch camber difference. How would you relate this to degrees?

Below I have made the example into an ms paint drawing...

Comment

I haven't found an answer yet per se, but I found a page that can help. Subtracting the difference between top and bottom in my example is 1 inch, and on 15" wheels, that is 3.82257 degrees.

Here is a list, apparently these measurements are only for 15" wheels...

CAMBER MEASUREMENT BASED ON 15 INCH WHEELS

Camber measurement 1 - 32nds or 0.03125 inches = Camber angle 7.16201 minutes
                  Camber measurement 2 - 32nds or 0.0625 inches = Camber angle 14.324 minutes
                  Camber measurement 3 - 32nds or 0.09375 inches = Camber angle 21.4861 minutes
                  Camber measurement 4 - 32nds or 0.125 inches = Camber angle 28.6483 minutes
                  Camber measurement 5 - 32nds or 0.15625 inches = Camber angle 35.8106 minutes
                  Camber measurement 6 - 32nds or 0.1875 inches = Camber angle 42.9731 minutes
                  Camber measurement 7 - 32nds or 0.21875 inches = Camber angle 50.1358 minutes
                  Camber measurement 8 - 32nds or 0.25 inches = Camber angle 57.2987 minutes
                  Camber measurement 9 - 32nds or 0.28125 inches = Camber angle 1.07436 degrees
                  Camber measurement 10 - 32nds or 0.3125 inches = Camber angle 1.19375 degrees
                  Camber measurement 11 - 32nds or 0.34375 inches = Camber angle 1.31315 degrees
                  Camber measurement 12 - 32nds or 0.375 inches = Camber angle 1.43255 degrees
                  Camber measurement 13 - 32nds or 0.40625 inches = Camber angle 1.55196 degrees
                  Camber measurement 14 - 32nds or 0.4375 inches = Camber angle 1.67137 degrees
                  Camber measurement 15 - 32nds or 0.46875 inches = Camber angle 1.79079 degrees
                  Camber measurement 16 - 32nds or 0.5 inches = Camber angle 1.91022 degrees
                  Camber measurement 17 - 32nds or 0.53125 inches = Camber angle 2.02966 degrees
                  Camber measurement 18 - 32nds or 0.5625 inches = Camber angle 2.1491 degrees
                  Camber measurement 19 - 32nds or 0.59375 inches = Camber angle 2.26856 degrees
                  Camber measurement 20 - 32nds or 0.625 inches = Camber angle 2.38802 degrees
                  Camber measurement 21 - 32nds or 0.65625 inches = Camber angle 2.5075 degrees
                  Camber measurement 22 - 32nds or 0.6875 inches = Camber angle 2.62699 degrees
                  Camber measurement 23 - 32nds or 0.71875 inches = Camber angle 2.74649 degrees
                  Camber measurement 24 - 32nds or 0.75 inches = Camber angle 2.866 degrees
                  Camber measurement 25 - 32nds or 0.78125 inches = Camber angle 2.98552 degrees
                  Camber measurement 26 - 32nds or 0.8125 inches = Camber angle 3.10505 degrees
                  Camber measurement 27 - 32nds or 0.84375 inches = Camber angle 3.2246 degrees
                  Camber measurement 28 - 32nds or 0.875 inches = Camber angle 3.34417 degrees
                  Camber measurement 29 - 32nds or 0.90625 inches = Camber angle 3.46374 degrees
                  Camber measurement 30 - 32nds or 0.9375 inches = Camber angle 3.58334 degrees
                  Camber measurement 31 - 32nds or 0.96875 inches = Camber angle 3.70294 degrees
                  Camber measurement 32 - 32nds or 1 inches = Camber angle 3.82257 degrees
                  note: 60 minutes in one degree

Comment

very nice information indeed..

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Oh good stuff.....
                      1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

o ic, good idea, nice write up man
                        My Ride17.34 @ 78mph with 260k on her

Comment

Well that chart pretty much solves it for me, though it only refers to 15" tires

Take the measurement from the bottom (A) of the wheel, minus the measurement from the top (B) of the wheel. The difference, in inches, we'll call (C), is then multiplied by 3.82257 to give you the result in degrees of camber, or (D).

(A-B)*3.82257=D

Example, my front pass wheel measured 1 1/4" away from the t-square at the top, and 3/4" at the bottom.

A=.75
                          B=1.25
                          .75-1.25= -.5, or -1/2 inch. So C= -.50

-.50*3.82257=-1.911285 degrees of camber, or 1.911 degrees of negative camber.

The answer doesn't sync perfectly to the chart but close enough I suppose. He gets 1.91022 for .5 inches camber.

Yawn, math makes sleep now, alignment tomorrow...

Comment

this is great, THIS is why people love this site, people are always thinking of ways to DIY instead of paying out the ass to have someone do almost the exact same thing

Click ^^^ for MR Thread
                            Originally posted by steelbluesleepR
                            by the way, arguing on the net is like womens basketball, even if you win, no one cares.

Comment

Finally got around to doing this DIY, I used a total of 3 washers. I'm going to have an alignment done soon to get some accurate specs.

Last edited by TysCb7; 06-05-2007, 04:07 AM.
                              My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

if any one needs a rear and or front camber kit let me know.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Working...
                                X