SUSP: Prothane Bushing Kit - rear lower control arms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SUSP: Prothane Bushing Kit - rear lower control arms

NOTE: For anyone installing Prothane rear lower control arm poly bushing kit, after removing old bushings from all lower arms, do the following:

- press in Prothane outer metal sleeves only (leave bushings out)
    - media blast the outer metal sleeve area to prepare for welding
    - weld 2 strips per side of outer sleeves, 4 total per bushing and 8 total per arm, for a grand total of 32 welds
    - paint each bushing area with anti-rust paint
    - moly lube & install bushings with inner metal sleeves
    - continue with lower arm installation

If you do not do this you risk the rear lower control arms sliding along the Prothane bushings do to loosing the "[press-fit", as I caught while my car was on the hoist.
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Wow, great to know. I can't imagine someone loosing a bushing from the rear arm while heading down the highway I've also heard of people using JB weld to secure the sleves in place. What are your thoughts on this method? It is certainly not as stable as a straight weld, but would you trust this to the road?

Originally posted by Maple50175
    Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn
      Wow, great to know. I can't imagine someone loosing a bushing from the rear arm while heading down the highway I've also heard of people using JB weld to secure the sleves in place. What are your thoughts on this method? It is certainly not as stable as a straight weld, but would you trust this to the road?
      Do NOT JB weld anything, do as I said in my original post. If I can snap off a JB weld by hand, it is not strong enough (which I have before).

Also, you will not loose a bushing, you will get suspension knock from the lower arms sliding about in the rear end. You will also get abnormal tire wear in the rear. Your rear end will in general feel loose taking corners.

Comment

aww...no info on the Front ones? nice job btw.

*Needs*
        -New shocks
        -Struts
        -Drop
        -Cleaning
        -New Tires/Wheels
        -New Window Tint
        -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

Originally posted by Djmoua
          aww...no info on the Front ones? nice job btw.
          I never did Prothane up front. I have a PST kit up front on my white Accord.

Comment

Working...
          X