startying body work!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

startying body work!

ok so my 93lx sedan needs some love and i plan on starting body work then prep for paint. my question to all of you who have done extensive body work is--- if i start doing the body work and don't have a place to store it over night would a good car cover suffice??? i won't be driving it while i work on it cuz i finally have a second car to drive. the weather where i live isn't incredibly humid so i thought it would be ok. i just don't want to re-prime or anything and mess up the process.

thanks!!!!
    hey. my cb7 has morphed. haha.

as long as it doesnt rain then your good.
    Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
    -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

if your doing alot of body work your going to need to prime more than onetime anyways.... if you do all your bodywork and prime it with a heavy coat. drysand it "block" reprime wetsand reprime and wetsand one last time it should be fine sittin outside till you get ready for paint

Please, Leave me some feeedback on my ride ^CLICK ^CLICK ^CLICK
      Originally posted by deevergote.
      But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

Comment

I never wet sanded primer. Only thing I used was fine ass sandpaper, she was smoother than a babys ass.
        **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
        Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
        Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

wet sand and patience is key with body work. Dont rush it. Good luck! hope you post some pics

Rocesride Member Page

Comment

i really appreciate the info guys! i've done body work before but was always rushed, so this time around i'm going to take it easy and do it right! this might sound corny but a long time ago i told my accord, "i will make you great." its really my favorite of all five hondas i've had!

before and after pics will be posted in the next month or so!

Comment

What exactly are you doing to the car?

Rocesride Member Page

Comment

for now i will be taking out rust, fixing dents, taking off all moldings and filling the square holes (keeping the recessed look), repainting either dark green, black, or gunmetal gray. possibility of a painted cf hood.

later: red 15in wheels w/ polished lip, kyb agx's w/ skunk2 springs(my struts are blown in da rear), 6x9 speaker pods (6x9s kenwoods are chilling in the holes) and eventually a jdm h22a.

i have a friend who's dad has painted tons of cars that will shoot it for free!!! i am also getting a better paying job, so the accord will slowly become un-ghetto. lol.

Comment

prep its the hard and time consuming part of a body work..... primer and paint etc etc etc are actually the easy part....
                  are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Working...
                  X