No announcement yet.

Quick Welds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You should practice on some thin wall stuff.

Comment

those welds are clean! I first thought they were from a TIG.
      DEVOTE

Comment

Not bad at all! Oddly enough, I myself am better at stick welding than MIG, even though I've done WAY more MIG. I just have a knack for stick welding I guess.
        Originally posted by sweet91accord
        if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

welds look nice.

Comment

I specialize in jb welding, myself.

Good work, especially if that's a quick weld.

Comment

Ahhhh was bored so I turned the welder up and burned some 1/2" stock.

Still using the Millermatic 251

Voltage was around 27 and wire speed was about 650

Comment

nice work alvan a.k.a the scientist I will keep your welding skills in mind lol

Comment

those are some nice damn welds! f**k what those negative a$$ people say. they might be able to find a flaw but i can also find a flaw in micheal jordans basketball game, still dont mean i can play better than him. i dont see their nice ass welds on here. its alot easier to find a flaw then fix it. good job. wanna come weld some stuff for me? lol and i thought splatter was from the wire speed being to fast? dont quote me though. im a newb that welds with a harbor freight special 110v wire feed that has high and low heat adjustment and a 1-10 dial to adjust the wire speed. im no pro by any means! but my shit never breaks and i grind off the extra nasty lookin stuff and paint it and my welds look awesome! its like bodywork, looks like shit till the paints on. lol
                  Last edited by crashandburn930; 07-05-2010, 07:08 PM.

Comment

lol^

Comment

try that with a 70-18 rod pimp..haha migs are for jr. high...haha..but it does look ok.. i got a degree for that shit..

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

Originally posted by stretch JDM View Post
                        try that with a 70-18 rod pimp..haha migs are for jr. high...haha..but it does look ok.. i got a degree for that shit..
                        been there done that, E7018 is nothing new. Mig is for JR? Its faster, less cleanup and can so the same as stick in most cases.

Comment

I gotta say the welds look awesome, I can come close with stick but with the wire feed at home I am no where near that... I hate wire feed, stick just seems so much easier IMO, just a waste since a good 3" of the rod wont be used.
                          Call me Travis.
                          2006 Cobalt LS/SC ~ "Burt the Bloody Bumble Bee"
                          1992 Accord LX ~ "Smoothie"
                          1991 CRX Si ~ Hellion
                          1989 GMC S15 ~ Oldie

Comment

Originally posted by stretch JDM View Post
                            how about 8018 0r 11018.6010,6011,6013.its true alot of these new welders cant do stick.I can do it all.here was my welding thread I started awhile back

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150675
                            BUILT NOT BOUGHTOG OWNER,SINCE 06/1992

Comment

um...im really new to welding, only really done oxy and mig (better with oxy) but wanted to get a few pointers, im currently trying to weld my custom brackets and wanted to know how bad (lol compared to you guys its horrible) my welds are, i mean i am not trying to get better at this right now i just want to know if the welds are good (safe)
                              im using a Lincoln 125 on highest heat setting and speed between 2 and 3

lol its embarassing

after grinding it down

and a side view grinded side/ none grinded

again im sure its pretty bad but the middle bar after cooled i placed it on the racks and jumped on it and welds held me 240lbs

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
                              When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

using Flux core,clean in between your welds, to be safe.turn your speed up some more.
                                BUILT NOT BOUGHTOG OWNER,SINCE 06/1992

Comment

Working...
                                X