Duracell has nothing on this copper top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duracell has nothing on this copper top

i had found a few pics of this here and there and looked deeper for the full story...

It's a '40 Ford with the soul of a GT40, and Eric, our SEMA correspondent, says it's one of the most unusual rods he has ever seen.

The body is handmade from 1.5mm-thick pure copper to a design based on a 1940 Ford Roadster. The copper panels were made in Poland, at a former MiG fighter factory (I'm not making this up!), and then shipped to Kirkham Motorsports in the U.S. for assembly. (Kirkham is a manufacturer of finely-crafted aluminum-bodied Cobra replicas.) More magic after the jump.

The bodywork is hung on a custom tubular stainless steel chassis of mid-engine/rear wheel drive design, with fully independent dual wishbone front and rear suspension. Other chassis features include Penske racing shocks, Brembo 4-piston brakes, hubs from the 2006 Ford GT, and Kirkham-fabricated billet control arms. Wheels are from the Ford GT - 18x9 front/19x11.5 rear, with Pirelli P-Zero Corsa tires.

The powertrain is pure Ford GT, using the 2006 Ford GT Modular Engine (5.4-liter, 4-valve, supercharged) and the Ford GT 6-speed transaxle.

The cockpit features a hand-carved African hardwood dash and trim, with polished aluminum accents and black leather seats.

What an amazing piece of work.

i'm not a big ford fan, but i just couldn't over look this thing. later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Wow that is amazing. That most have cost a smaal fortune to make
    One Day At A Time
    "Honda Connaisseur"
    1990 Accord EX Sedan Granada Black Metallic: DD
    1992 Accord LX Sedan Phantom Grey: SOLD
    1993 Accord EX Coupe Seattle Silver:FML SOLD
    1992 Accord DX Sedan: SOLD
    1993 Accord EX Sedan Arcadia Green: Stolen
    1999 Acura Integra LS Coupe Milano Red: Dead
    Bought From: mndude07 h23cb7, deevergote, hondaccordgirl, keeledesign, Fatman88, Jarrett
    Sold To: Timmyotool, mndude07, Mayberry (RIP), greenbme89, DeadlyNome92

Comment

lol I want a copper hood! w/ rims

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
      01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
      93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
      93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

WOW.....what a car

Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD..... you know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences.....

...Zex wet kit, 65 shot, dual purge, JDM H22...pure sex! .....I owned 8 CB7's in one year...top that JARHEAD...lol
        ...this thread has been graced by the new CB7 King

Comment

Sweet! A badass car that will rarely, if ever, be driven.

Interesting build for sure, but I don't like cars with that level of performance that will never be used.

Still What a build.

Originally posted by Maple50175
          Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Incredible. The only thing that sucks about it is it's too nice to drive.
            Take that freek show to the park, maybe the squirrels will care.

Comment

id run the shit out of that thing

Comment

ive always had a dream of doing a 32 roadster with wide volk te37s
                a rb26det with a huge turbo hanging out the side, and a hks exhaust out the back

do a complete skyline interior, and paint the car black

be my japan vs usa car

it would be almost too fast

Comment

Working...
                X