Stock F22 CB 1/4 Mile.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
    TAMPA raced a guy and in a base RSX on an abanded road the other day. He said it was neck and neck all the way to 90mph where they shut down.

TAMPAs CB is blown up to high hell though. It smokes worse than a simi. But its still got plenty of power. Somehow.
    Raced a base rsx in my ef stayed right with him, both were slow lol, though it did run a better time than my current cb when i got it.

02 Crv
    02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
    92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
    Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Originally posted by 8ball View Post

When some one said they ran a 150 shot on a stock F22A a long time ago on this forum no one believed them. Now come to find out, the F22A can take a 100shot like a champ.
      I did that with my very first CB. It was a 91? Metallic Green with purple flames. I actually never blew it up. I was running a 10lb bottle through it every two days for a while on a 75 shot.

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
        Common 16 and 17 second cars, that's why i laugh at some of these "Will i win" type threads. Not many of hondas sportier car's was quick back then let alone the accord or in today's times.
        the 2000 Civic Si ran a 15.8-15.6

So what I drive a "stock" F22A thats slow as shit! I get good MPG and insurance is low enough.

Im not saying a base rsx is quick but its def not a d15b lol

Oh and you know what I just found out ? The newer civics with the R18 and 5 speed go 15.7 in the quarter mile. lolz even they can kick our ass.

Comment

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
          stock accords run 17's. mine ran a 17.7 with a cat back and an intake.
          automatic?
          Tire pressure?
          steelies or alloys?
          tune up ?
          timing job ?
          sound system?

conditions that day at the track?
          elevation ?

I seriously cant rap my head around a 17.7 pass in a cb7.

wtf was your trap speed? 70mph?

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
            I did that with my very first CB. It was a 91? Metallic Green with purple flames. I actually never blew it up. I was running a 10lb bottle through it every two days for a while on a 75 shot.
            cant remember the pill size but i messed my cat after only 1 shot of N2O. Went 145mph (automatic) and had my friend in the passenger seat laughing his ass off. I was like

bitch dont you see how serious this is ?

Comment

The right D series would tear a cb an ass with the right chassis power to weight and gearing once again. I made almost a 130whp at BRMS out of a b7 with bolt ons and a lvl1 bisi cam, the car weighed 2400'ish pounds roughly the same power as a bolt on F22A6 with a shorter gear spent $500 on that D.

02 Crv
              02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
              92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
              Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

automatic?
                Tire pressure?
                steelies or alloys?
                tune up ?
                timing job ?
                sound system?

conditions that day at the track?
                elevation ?

I seriously cant rap my head around a 17.7 pass in a cb7.

wtf was your trap speed? 70mph?
                stock 5 speed 93 ex coupe. tp was 28-30, stock alloys, ran excellent, no system, clear sunny day probably 70-75* not sure the elevation it was the track in commerce ga.
                COUPE K24

Comment

stock 5 speed 93 ex coupe. tp was 28-30, stock alloys, ran excellent, no system, clear sunny day probably 70-75* not sure the elevation it was the track in commerce ga.
                  Damn wtf happend? Seems really wierd that it you would pull a 17.7

Hope its faster now

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
                    The right D series would tear a cb an ass with the right chassis power to weight and gearing once again. I made almost a 130whp at BRMS out of a b7 with bolt ons and a lvl1 bisi cam, the car weighed 2400'ish pounds roughly the same power as a bolt on F22A6 with a shorter gear spent $500 on that D.
                    Yeah I know, I honestly don't doubt it. Im sure you could prob win against a bolt on F22A6 same power better weight/gears in a EF shell. But none the less the CB7 is like a baby shark lurking in water waiting to get big

Comment

Damn wtf happend? Seems really wierd that it you would pull a 17.7

Hope its faster now
                      it would not go any faster. i went to the track every friday it was open.

it runs a 15.5 @ 89 now. f22b dohc with bolt ons wont go any faster haha
                      COUPE K24

Comment

it would not go any faster. i went to the track every friday it was open.

it runs a 15.5 @ 89 now. f22b dohc with bolt ons wont go any faster haha
                        Dude really ? Do you lauch your car at all?

I usually rev to redline (any car)
                        I dump the clutch but sometimes I also feather it while I bring some traction in first gear.
                        Then instead of shifting at redline in first gear (i found out it messes up the momentum some how) I start to shift about 500rpms before redline or before I feel like the car is finishing its powerband incline. (in first gear only)

then when I shift into 2nd since the flywheel is still spinning and Im keeping the rpms in redline territory I feather in second gear.
                        with the momentum of the car and the engine already going fast that usually has me scratching 2nd gear as well. But the pull from g force in first vs second gear on a 5 speed is alot different.

Really I feel the key to going fast is knowing when to shift and how to properly match the rpm to that gear in particular.
                        Its hard as fuck to explain but just about any car with a decent motor and a stick shift I can probably lay down a 40ft "burn out" .
                        Last edited by 8ball; 01-03-2013, 01:41 AM.

Comment

1750-2000rpm. any more and it just spins and 1st is worthless. cutting a 2.357 60'.
                          COUPE K24

Comment

Well can I ask what mph you shift from 1st to second? I do so at about 30-35mph
                            if you dump it in first and feather till you feel traction at around 30mph it might help. I wanna go to the track and find out now lol. maybe ill go to the 1/8th track

Comment

Most people dont know that there isnt a point in reving the car up to where there isnt any power. I beat TAMPA every time because I know where my power curve drops off so I shift early.

What happens is I shift at around 5900, grab the next gear and start to pull on him while he is trying to squeeze every last RPM out of his causing him to fall behind.

Comment

Well can I ask what mph you shift from 1st to second? I do so at about 30-35mph
                                if you dump it in first and feather till you feel traction at around 30mph it might help. I wanna go to the track and find out now lol. maybe ill go to the 1/8th track
                                I launch @ 3500, slip the cluch only chriping the tires and as soon as the clucth is all the way out I mash it. Never have a spun after mashing on it in first.

That is an AWD habit Ive picked up from my friends WRX but it works good for CBs too. Ive pulled almost a 2.2 flat 60ft that way.

Comment

Working...
                                X