corsport shifter bushings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
    I am curious as to how these help shifter feel and directness.
    to me it was night and day, you loose all the sloppy feel in the throw

very nice when paired with a short shifter and weighted knob.

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

I'd like to know how they compare to OEM bushings that aren't shitty and sloppy. Mine don't need replaced, they feel like they're brand new, but it never hurts to upgrade!

Comment

Originally posted by slick View Post
        so did you notice a difference? i only took my car around the bolck after i installed them. ill know a little more tomorrow since its 15 miles to and from work
        yea..my shifter fells tighter and more precise....my stock shifter bushings were in pretty bad condition though.
        My Members Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
          I'd like to know how they compare to OEM bushings that aren't shitty and sloppy. Mine don't need replaced, they feel like they're brand new, but it never hurts to upgrade!
          my bushings were not in bad shape as you can see and i dont feel a huge difference

Originally posted by ceelooboob View Post
          yea..my shifter fells tighter and more precise....my stock shifter bushings were in pretty bad condition though.
          mine were not that bad but i figured what the hell jake said they were good so i tried them. not too bad
          Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
          Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
          JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

Those Corsport bushings are only the 2 bushings @ the tranny, right? Or do they include the other 2 for the shifter? I think it's just the 2 @ the tranny.

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
              Those Corsport bushings are only the 2 bushings @ the tranny, right? Or do they include the other 2 for the shifter? I think it's just the 2 @ the tranny.
              yup just the 2 bushings where the shifter cables go onto the trans
              My Members Ride Thread

Comment

i would like the ones that goto the shifter bucket. mine flexes hella from side to side.

but i also have access to the lathe. i think ill DIY first and see how it comes out.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                  i would like the ones that goto the shifter bucket. mine flexes hella from side to side.

but i also have access to the lathe. i think ill DIY first and see how it comes out.
                  ^yes, IMO, having all 4 shifter bushings solid would def. help alot! G/L Wes

Thanks Ceelooboob, that's what I thought!

Comment

make them and ill buy a set you know i will
                    Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.

Comment

Just letting you guys know that i have the corsports bushings AND i have already done a DIY with the shifter bucket bushings and it is totally worth it. My shit feel solidly mounted down and my inputs for more direct through the shifter. It may be just me but it also made it sorta easier to get my car in gears when rowing through them due to no more flex and mush

-sean
                      Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
                      Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

Originally posted by 93twodoorLX View Post
                        Just letting you guys know that i have the corsports bushings AND i have already done a DIY with the shifter bucket bushings and it is totally worth it. My shit feel solidly mounted down and my inputs for more direct through the shifter. It may be just me but it also made it sorta easier to get my car in gears when rowing through them due to no more flex and mush

-sean
                        pics links to pics or thread?

Comment

Oh, I've misunderstood some info: I was literally talking about the other 2 very small bushings @ the shifter end of the shifter cables.

For the shift plate bushings, those are awful to begin w/, I simply bolted the shifter plate straight to the chassis, no sense in making your own solid mounts or buying them, I think Corsport makes them but they'd be such a waste. Plus it lowers the entire assy. down another 1/4" or so.

Comment

Oh, I've misunderstood some info: I was literally talking about the other 2 very small bushings @ the shifter end of the shifter cables.

For the shift plate bushings, those are awful to begin w/, I simply bolted the shifter plate straight to the chassis, no sense in making your own solid mounts or buying them, I think Corsport makes them but they'd be such a waste. Plus it lowers the entire assy. down another 1/4" or so.
                            i know what your talking about the ones that make shift cables shift into gears

i dunno what the other guy was talking about but i wanted to see

Comment

^I'm fairly certain Wes was talking about the 4 shifter plate bushings that mount to the chassis.

Comment

^I'm fairly certain Wes was talking about the 4 shifter plate bushings that mount to the chassis.
                                yea...never thought about mounting directly to chassis. i think ill just do that instead. buy the corsport and have someone on the board make tons. he works at a protype sort of shop.
                                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                                X