No announcement yet.

Nurburgring Trip 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ It's called the Corkscrew. Laguna Seca and Infineon are two American tracks I've gotta lap sometime in my life.

How much is a lap around the Ring? Or whatever rate they charge by? Definitely one of the things I must do before I die, along with going there for the 24h race, as well as France for Le Mans. Hopefully I'll be able to ship my own car out there, but otherwise I'd like to rent the most common road car from a brand that was never sold in America. Experiencing a Peugeot or something would be cool; I saw your freeway photos and was like, "ooh a Seat! Screw the Evo, I want a Leon!"

Brake fade, I am no stranger to. I experience it all too often in the local mountains. Scary shit in the downhill.

Both the Green Hell and Spa. No fair.
    Last edited by CyborgGT; 03-25-2011, 02:42 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffMisiak View Post

Why only 35?
      Man check my hand grip, holdin on to dear life! the corners tighter than it looks, but the main reason was a Porsche GT3 was steaming up the inside just outer view! so i was taking the high line get out the way!

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
      what kind of cars are you renting?
      You can rent from a little hatchback, to a Lambo or a kitcar, pretty much anything you can think of, the better the car, obviously the more money.

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
      How much is a lap around the Ring? Or whatever rate they charge by?

I'd like to rent the most common road car from a brand that was never sold in America.
      The Renualt Clio cup hatch is a popular car to drive round in, it comes with a 2.0 197bhp, they are exactly like this: (from internet)

Probs give a H22a accord a run for its money....when it works (poor reliably they are known for)

Its €18= per lap, but buying bulk is very beneficial, i bought 8laps and it cost me about €14 per lap and ill even work that out for you in usdm its about $20

theres a fuel station right next to the roundabout where you start, it has 105 ron fuel! i just stuck 5 litres in per session on track, gave me about 22miles. by the end of the 10mins (1 lap), you are ready to take a break. and so are the brakes! its like a warzone out there

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
      UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
      NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

before i die i will drive on this track! im glad to hear it actually is as fun as i would imagine!!! thank you for sharing your experience with us... i know reading about your trip has put a big smile on my face and i was not even there lol
        some cars have wings cuz they look cool.
        some cars have wings cuz they increase efficiency.
        some cars have wings to keep them from taking flight.
        f1 fan

Comment

the clio cup would whup an h22, i'd imagine. power:weight advantage, plus suspension tuned by renaultsport... quite a nippy little car. but yeah, it's french, you just dont buy one expecting honda reliability.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
            the clio cup would whup an h22, i'd imagine. power:weight advantage, plus suspension tuned by renaultsport... quite a nippy little car. but yeah, it's french, you just dont buy one expecting honda reliability.
            ^ true that

Originally posted by sleepycb7 View Post
            before i die i will drive on this track! im glad to hear it actually is as fun as i would imagine!!! thank you for sharing your experience with us... i know reading about your trip has put a big smile on my face and i was not even there lol
            This is the exact reason posted this up, to share, something to people who are interested in this. Glad to make you happy

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Originally posted by marcusv8thunder View Post
              Its €18= per lap, but buying bulk is very beneficial, i bought 8laps and it cost me about €14 per lap and ill even work that out for you in usdm its about $20
              Wow, that is mad cheap! Where do I sign up?
              My CB For Sale

Comment

Damn i envy you buddy....do you have any video ??
                accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                ....................My New Baby
                SOLD TO
                ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Originally posted by JTEK24 View Post
                  Wow, that is mad cheap! Where do I sign up?
                  It will only get more expense in the years to come, so if you fly out and go over there, do it sooner the better in your life.

Originally posted by accordtypeR View Post
                  Damn i envy you buddy....do you have any video ??
                  I do, but it was my first lap, so its not very fast, and i had 4 people in the car, so the F was struggling lol.

I can post it up here if you want.

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

yes post it up please

they let you have 4 people in the car around the track?

Comment

Me and my buddies from Ricesquad and Prelude Team Poland are going to Nurburing in September http://nurburgringtour2011.com/

Comment

dam i did not know our cars could do 140. the most ive gotten out of mine was 110. and 12mins is respectable for what the car is imo

Comment

Working...
                        X