just one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just one

Heres what ive been up to today.. Fabbed up my roll bar.

thats sick and even kept the rear seats lol

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194049

Comment

Originally posted by 92accord ex View Post
      thats sick and even kept the rear seats lol
      Thanks! Rear seat isnt very functional, but I wanted to keep it in.

Someone can sit in the middle lol.

Comment

lol the bar thru the seat looks like a spear thru the heart lol. Id a done it too sweet man

Comment

Idea, pickup a set of portholes from a sub box to use as trim over the bar in the hole of the seat.

Comment

Nice, do you have any more pics esp. of how it mounts to the chassis? Behind the seats, welded right to the floor or are you using through bolts and backing plates? How is it attached to the trunk floor? What is involved to remove the back seat? This was all made from scratch?

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
              Nice, do you have any more pics esp. of how it mounts to the chassis? Behind the seats, welded right to the floor or are you using through bolts and backing plates? How is it attached to the trunk floor? What is involved to remove the back seat? This was all made from scratch?
              No pics of the mounting, its bolted to the floor with plates. In the rear the plates are welded directly to the floor. It is made to be removeable though, with joints that slide together and a pin and clip to hold it in place. I bought it as a kit consisting of the bent main hoop and several straight bars.
              The backseat obviously doesnt fold down anymore without removing the bars going thru it, but it has 2 bolts at the swivel point, and thats it.

Comment

Certainly it's better than nothing but doesn't it take away from much of the structural integrity of the roll cage to have the slide-joints in place? Unless you weren't going for integrity I guess.
                My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                  Certainly it's better than nothing but doesn't it take away from much of the structural integrity of the roll cage to have the slide-joints in place? Unless you weren't going for integrity I guess.

Well theres really no point in having a full roll cage unless your doing something that requires one, in that case there are rules for them, how theyre made, what theyre made out of etc. In my case its mostly form over function, however I did want it to be somewhat functional in stiffening chassis flex, and worse case scenario a crash. At the slip joint, its basically a 6in peice of pipe inside of two connecting roll bar peices, welded in place on the inside of one side. They are actually very stout. The pins are grade 8 fasteners, same as the seatbelt bolts.
                  I made it this way so I could tac it in the car, take it out, finish welding, paint, and re-install. It made it easier not having to cover the interior or take it out to weld or paint.

Comment

love the interior those rear panesl are sex!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X