barn find of the century..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

barn find of the century..

Ok, so its not really a barn find.. more like a garage. A customer of mine was in need of a car for his daughter, which at the time I didnt have any for sale. He talked to his mother, whom is very old and needs outside care, she told him to give her the old accord in the garage. He said it had been sitting for a few years, all kinds of crap had stacked up almost covering the car. Before giving it to his daughter he wanted us to look it over, and replace anything it needed.

He finally gets it to the shop, after getting new tires and a new battery. This car is in perfect, I mean show room condition. Inside and out. She bought it new in 91, and in 07 she parked it when she bought a brand new accord.

the most amazing part is it has 37, 937 original miles

It still has the factory assembly paint on everything

I just had to share this with you guys, I am so jelous of the girl getting this beautiful CB. And Idid ask him if he would sell it. He said "no way, its damn near brand new." Lol oh well.

Wow i wish i was that lucky
    Last edited by wagonkid; 02-26-2013, 11:14 PM.

Comment

woooowwwwwww..... wish I had this.

that even looks like the original battery...

Comment

It's been discussed before about the downside to this that a lot of people forget about.

37,000 miles in 26 years is roughly 1400 miles per year. That's good for a few years. But over time ,especially after sitting, things start to break down, even if the car is being driven.

Now, obviously, you guys checked it over and Im not saying that it's going to fall apart on this girl in a matter of months. That may not be the case. But when looking at a car and it's mileage, making sure it doesnt have too HIGH mileage is always the standard. But making sure the mileage isnt too LOW is also important. Cars with stupid low miles never got driven, broken in, and sat for long periods of time with the same parts and fluids in them.

Like I said, it's not necessarily a bad thing but there's always room for caution, especially with a car this old. But it is a Honda and it does appear to be in really good shape.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
        Originally posted by Jarrett
        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

wow that is a find...lucky girl getting it.

i still find it funny the electric seat belts...we never see them here

“I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car is your story, so don’t let someone else write the book.”
          — Mighty Car Mods

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
            It's been discussed before about the downside to this that a lot of people forget about.

37,000 miles in 26 years is roughly 1400 miles per year. That's good for a few years. But over time ,especially after sitting, things start to break down, even if the car is being driven.

Now, obviously, you guys checked it over and Im not saying that it's going to fall apart on this girl in a matter of months. That may not be the case. But when looking at a car and it's mileage, making sure it doesnt have too HIGH mileage is always the standard. But making sure the mileage isnt too LOW is also important. Cars with stupid low miles never got driven, broken in, and sat for long periods of time with the same parts and fluids in them.

Like I said, it's not necessarily a bad thing but there's always room for caution, especially with a car this old. But it is a Honda and it does appear to be in really good shape.

We are replacing ALL the fluids, timing belt, water pump, cam crank and balance seals, oil pan gasket (it was actually leaking) dist o ring, valve cover gasket, dist cap and rotor(which had lots of corrosion), fuel and air filter. The oil pan gasket, valve cover and all the seals I replaced were all hard as a rock. It is a certainty, if we didnt replace those now she would have some bad oil leaks in the near future.

Comment

wow, super clean.
              -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
              -1993 Accord EX SOLD
              -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
              -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

This pisses me off.

But then Im in love again.

And then I want to burn down cities.

WHY CAN I NOT HAVE CLEAN CB.

LOL!

Hopefully she is cared for the way she was, but something tell's me she will be worn down quickly.

Comment

Damn NICE find. Once the girl has the car, lets hope she takes care of it.
                  Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  den das al u ned u no dat u get wurs gas milge tho rite?
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

Nice. Granny find for the win!

We all know somewhere in the world there is a cb7 with less than 2000 miles sitting in a garage

Comment

Originally posted by cincy90h22 View Post
                      We are replacing ALL the fluids, timing belt, water pump, cam crank and balance seals, oil pan gasket (it was actually leaking) dist o ring, valve cover gasket, dist cap and rotor(which had lots of corrosion), fuel and air filter. The oil pan gasket, valve cover and all the seals I replaced were all hard as a rock. It is a certainty, if we didnt replace those now she would have some bad oil leaks in the near future.
                      You might want to check the actual fuel tank. You don't want to clean everything out and have a hole bunch of crap from the fuel tank get pumped through the lines.

Comment

The odometer numbers look uneven. Isn't that a sign that it had been rolled back?

Comment

Originally posted by oni_cb7 View Post
                          woooowwwwwww..... wish I had this.

that even looks like the original battery...
                          Lol the battery is a Die-Hard from sears

This is a nice find tho!

8 Accords so far:
                          '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
                          '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
                          (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                            This pisses me off.

But then Im in love again.

And then I want to burn down cities.

WHY CAN I NOT HAVE CLEAN CB.

LOL!

Hopefully she is cared for the way she was, but something tell's me she will be worn down quickly.
                            Pipe down...

You already had one.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                            Originally posted by Jarrett
                            Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by Macaqueistrong View Post
                              The odometer numbers look uneven. Isn't that a sign that it had been rolled back?
                              I promise you it hasnt. One owner, an old lady, and my customer would have no benifit in rolling it back.. hes not selling it. Besides if you saw this car in person, you would know its legit.

Im not sure how old the girl is, I know she is not a new driver, I just hope she takes care of it. No offense to the ladies of the forum..

Comment

Working...
                              X