My old F20B Accord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My old F20B Accord

Which now belongs to my friend......Here are a couple of pics....Basically its a stock F20B (manual version) with a euro R intake manifold and DC header, with stock exhaust, stock intake, and a JDM H22 LSD auto tranny, it moves pretty good with a redline at 9K....BTW, this is the same guy that painted my car in his back yard.....Hes a pretty damn good painter.....These pics were taken about 6 months after new paint.....anyways, enough BS......Enjoy.

And an awesome random pic that was taken by my other friend with his new camera while he was following me....the road was very uneven and rough, but the pic turned out looking pretty good....

Last edited by 91hybridaccord; 02-20-2006, 05:24 AM.
    1991 Honda Accord Ex
    Pics of the beast!

::::198.4 WHP and 146.6 WTQ Currently weighing in at 2700lbs...best time: 14.8@92mph::::

2003 BMW 330I Sport.....Daily Hustler....

Road Race #1
    Totoro Squad #2

very clean engine. mine used to look like that but all the water and salt up here makes it dirty. oh well.

hes not a member on this board?

Comment

P/S pump is MIA
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur02
        very clean engine. mine used to look like that but all the water and salt up here makes it dirty. oh well.

hes not a member on this board?
        Na, he never uses a computer.......the power steering pump is missing because he never had a chance to make the P/S line for the prelude pump...it'll get there sooner or later......
        1991 Honda Accord Ex
        Pics of the beast!

::::198.4 WHP and 146.6 WTQ Currently weighing in at 2700lbs...best time: 14.8@92mph::::

Road Race #1
        Totoro Squad #2

Comment

oh, i love it! but then again i love your car also so... lol. Could you tell a diff from f series, to h series?

Comment

Originally posted by rickyduckworth
            did he not have the f20b header?

the dc header on an h22a just makes no sense unless the "looks" of it are more important......i bet he lost a few hp using it
            Im pretty sure there was no power loss with the DC header.....and yes, he didn't have the stock manifold.....it disappeared somehow back when I owned it....

And thanks Sublime.....There is a HUGE difference between the F series and H.....do a swap.
            1991 Honda Accord Ex
            Pics of the beast!

Road Race #1
            Totoro Squad #2

Comment

F20B's are better motors than H's...

respond better to mods like cams and headers IMO... the ports and castings are alot nicer than the few H heads I've seen...

Nice setup though...
              RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

......even the f22a4 header performs as well as the dc header.....
                Yes, that sounds really good to me, thanks

Very nice CB, everything is very simple and clean. That block has absolutely no oxidation on it, lucky

Comment

sexy chris! badgeless valvecovers :drool: !
                  1cor10:31
                  - 92 LX coupe
                  - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

go drive a b16.....it feels like that.......nice PEAK numbers, but not really all it's cracked up to be overall.......definitely not worth it but it's rare-ish and people like to be different........you need and want torque when moving a 3000lb car........the one i saw was on a dyno (acquaintance) and when compared to my h22a, it made less power everywhere except at it's peak........if not for the 2 liter maximum rules, they'd not have made it more than likely.....they only put out the minimum number of f20b's to satisfy the rulemakers and never looked back......they made the h22a before and after that though.........that says a lot

not knocking the f20b either, cool motor, but you're buying cool, not superior power or torque or even design........and about 1/3 f20b's are actually 180hp auto versions........most don't know that......
                    This F20B was a manual version that I bought from Steve at Hmotors directly, the tranny went to my friend scott for a hybrid build up, and the block went to me.....Over all I paid $2200 for the complete swap, and thats much cheaper than an H22 with LSD would cost, so im not complaining....

The F20B is actually a much better engine for the accord versus the ever so common H22 simply because the internals are much stronger, and can handle quite a bit more abuse than an h22....If you look at it this way, its basically a beefed up F20A block with an H22 head and type S cams....saying it has no balls compared to an H22 isn't exactly correct....It responds MUCH better to bolt ons because of the internals being a higher compression motor with bigger cams, and it revs pretty high.....

Then again, you are more correct about the auto version.....The difference between the auto and manual versions are the cam sizes, and I believe the fuel maps in the ecu's are programmed a bit differently...The auto version is completely worthless if you're planning on putting it in an accord, but to me, the manual version is well worth the extra cash.....
                    1991 Honda Accord Ex
                    Pics of the beast!

Road Race #1
                    Totoro Squad #2

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7
                      Yes, that sounds really good to me, thanks

Very nice CB, everything is very simple and clean. That block has absolutely no oxidation on it, lucky
                      Yeah, it was a pretty damn clean motor, my friend plans on keeping it stock...its quiet yet it moves.....It sounds exactly like an accord with a sompletely stock F22....its definately a sleeper....and by the way it pulls, i'd say it would run a mid to low 15 sec quarter mile, but thats yet to be seen.....

Tim.....yo dood, hows it hangin??? Did you see the euro r swapped lude yet?! The Valve cover on the F20B was sand blasted, but the words are still present....just hard to see yo......my car shakes because the balancer shaft belt was removed for power gains, I just found out.......
                      1991 Honda Accord Ex
                      Pics of the beast!

Road Race #1
                      Totoro Squad #2

Comment

thats clean yo...
                        new sig coming soon

Comment

Working...
                        X