Fiberglass Sub box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fiberglass Sub box

My sub box. Taken a rediculously long time to get this far. Hope to finish up by the end of the month (or my parents have threated to throw it out). Today I sanded down all of extra material from the first layer of what will be the front of the enclosure

This picture doesn't do justice to how covered I was in fiberglass dust. It was awfull

Oh yeah, I have tons of more pictures in case anyone wants to see them. Ask, and I'll put em up

Originally posted by Maple50175
    Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

lets c some pics of the actual box

never mind i seen it
    Last edited by F20A CB7; 05-15-2007, 07:19 PM.
    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

looks good so far man

Instagram: n_buttz

The Jeepster ____ The CB7 ____ The TE38 ____ The S13

Comment

looks verry uneven, you have ALOT more bondo and sanding to do sorry to say....

Comment

Originally posted by 1loudaccord
          looks verry uneven, you have ALOT more bondo and sanding to do sorry to say....
          Well, yeah but I haven't finished making layers on the face of the box. Most of what you see in those pictures is what will be the bottom and the sides (which won't be seen). Thanks for the advice though

Comment

Put it in the car after rattle canning the damn thing. It's getting sanded down smooth and painted this coming week.

Comment

If it's your first box, then I'd say you've done a pretty good job. Congrats!

If you ever get around to making another one for your car, make sure that the face of the box is symmetric; in the pic above, it looks like the lines don't match on both sides. Finally, consider using vinyl or suede, instead of paint. You'll still need to sand everything smooth, but they both give you a really cool surface.
              Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Lynk
                If it's your first box, then I'd say you've done a pretty good job. Congrats!

If you ever get around to making another one for your car, make sure that the face of the box is symmetric; in the pic above, it looks like the lines don't match on both sides. Finally, consider using vinyl or suede, instead of paint. You'll still need to sand everything smooth, but they both give you a really cool surface.
                Yeah, Symmetry was hard to do Still not sure how I should have done it. As for the lameness of the condition, it's just temporary. This week I'm going to my friend's paint shop and we are going to smooth it out and hit it up with some quality paint and clear. After that it will look good. Thanks for the response

Comment

Come on buddy you know were all about seeing some pics..it looks good btw..
                  accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                  ....................My New Baby
                  SOLD TO
                  ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Originally posted by accordtypeR
                    Come on buddy you know were all about seeing some pics..it looks good btw..
                    Don't worry about pics. I'll be whorring them nonstop once it looks good

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn
                      Don't worry about pics. I'll be whorring them nonstop once it looks good
                      Gotcha buddy...
                      accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                      ....................My New Baby
                      SOLD TO
                      ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Originally posted by accordtypeR
                        Gotcha buddy...
                        Let the whorring begin

Yesterday, went to the shop and met the owner Donny. Real cool guy, knows his stuff about paint. He's done some pretty sick stuff. Anyway, I knew of the shop through my youth director, Marc, who works there part time. It's part of large building that also houses a shop where they build and tune bikes.

Here are some random pics from inside.

Marc's bike, it's a Honda

Ugly Ass Hyabusa Panels

Some Cops Harley for off duty riding. It was really nice.

Now to the box, layed up the first layer of bondo. I'm going to be the first one to admit I SUCK at bondo.

After sanding Day 1

Today, I sanded a little more and added a second skim layer to fill in the low spots.

Tomorrow, more sanding. Woo-freaking-hoo

Comment

Well, yesterday was worthless. I went in around 10:00 sat for about 45 minutes talking. I went out and sanded for about 40 minutes, came back in and sat around until I left at 12:30. Well, today I was a little more productive, sanded for a long time. My arms are falling off, even with my little Riobi helping (those thing shake like CRAZY!!!)

Today after sanding.

An awsome chopped Chevy Blazer that Donny painted.

Comment

Looks good man. I wanted to try fiberglass, but i just ended up usiing MDF. Dont worry, all that sanding will be worth it.Look at the bright side, your arms will be stronger!

Comment

Originally posted by AllWhiteCoupe
                              Looks good man. I wanted to try fiberglass, but i just ended up usiing MDF. Dont worry, all that sanding will be worth it.Look at the bright side, your arms will be stronger!
                              Well, part of the soreness was from working out yesterday. Guess working bicep curls and pull ups the day before having to step down from the power sander is a bad idea

As for the MDF, I my old boxes were MDF. I never covered them with anything, just wooden boxes with speakers. Pretty ghetto. You can always come back later and make a glass box, or create a glass trim piece to cover the wooden boxes.

Comment

Working...
                              X