Chop cut H22 acceleration runs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chop cut H22 acceleration runs

Here is a cut video that I made from footage while testing my camera, mount, and audio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2MDNJW43Fc

Nothing special, but expect more cinematic stuff once I get everything working the way I want it to.

I was surprised with the audio quality on the master footage, but I have to figure out how to get the camera to stop rattling on the mount. Any input on that would be greatly appreciated.
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

What a wide open space. That's what I need for a while.

Good videos.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
      What a wide open space. That's what I need for a while.

Good videos.

Yes, that was just on the edge of town.

Comment

nice. i wish i had that much space sometimes. it doesn't look that populated where you are even though i heard AZ is adding a 7th character to their license plates. later.
        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9dDnz5v5tA

Here is another exhaust vid.

Don't like the back angle, but put it in anyway. May also look into a random tech/Catco cat, because MF is too raspy IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
            nice. i wish i had that much space sometimes. it doesn't look that populated where you are even though i heard AZ is adding a 7th character to their license plates. later.

I was at the edge of the town. that road I was on heads out to the outlying areas that are quickly growing inward. A couple miles from where I was turns into a divided highway.

Even on that road, it often takes a little while to get things done, because there are quite a few cars that drive everywhere.

Comment

Sounds good my friend..
              accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
              ....................My New Baby
              SOLD TO
              ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

That clip makes me glad I have my OEM cat. Get that Catco on there ASAP!
                Originally posted by sweet91accord
                if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

my camera mount rattles also
                  Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                  Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                  Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                  Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                  Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                  Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate
                    That clip makes me glad I have my OEM cat. Get that Catco on there ASAP!

I don't know if catco will solve the problem or not. Since "rasp" is all subjective, I am hoping it might, but I am not sure.

I have 2.5" MF sitting in the garage to go with the 2.5" collector, but I am afraid that is going to make it really raspy. Or it might do the opposite. I am not sure. Overall, the exhaust is still really quiet, so it isn't like I sound like a can of bees going down the highway. I have considered a bigger resonator too, but I hate to cut such a rare exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185
                      my camera mount rattles also

That makes me feel better. I messed with the tightness on some of the components today, and that seems to have helped alot.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                        I have considered a bigger resonator too, but I hate to cut such a rare exhaust.
                        I can understand that. I built my Magnaflow system myself, and I'm going to have a hard time tearing it out to go to 2.5" piping for my H22 (3-4 months ETA), and it's not even rare!
                        Originally posted by sweet91accord
                        if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate
                          I can understand that. I built my Magnaflow system myself, and I'm going to have a hard time tearing it out to go to 2.5" piping for my H22 (3-4 months ETA), and it's not even rare!

Yeah, mine is actually already 2.5" OD. It is about 2.33" ID, which coincidentally, so is the 2.5" collector on the DC sports. The difference is a few hundredths of an inch, so luckily, I don't need a bigger exhaust. Yet.

I am looking at Catcos right now, and for the price, I am tempted to order one and see how it goes. I have some of the flanges already made up, and I have a friend who might be able to machine the spare one I have lying around from Wed3K.

The Random Tech ones seem to sound the best, and for the price, I guess they should. The problem is, I don't know which universal one to order so that I get the approximate right length.

This is more what it used to sound like, with the auto F22.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjQ8ynVfMBI

And you KNOW if a B16 doesn't sound raspy with it, an H22 isn't going to. Of course, I think his is just a stock replacement cat.

The other thing to keep in mind is that this exhaust has over 150K on it. That MIGHT have something to do with it, although, I don't think so.
                          Last edited by owequitit; 05-16-2008, 11:11 PM.

Comment

interesting ive got almost the same setup on my f22a6, megan header and magnaflow. I agree the magnaflow cat can be very raspy with a straight through system. but with the rsr its great. I would almost say that mine has a bit more growl at the top end. I want to get around to taking some vids and some drive bys as well. those would have been great to hear.

edit: ah just read your running a modified stock airbox that would be why. what do you mean pre ex mag? was there just an rsr exhaust for our cars before the ex mag? cuz i know now there starting to sell them unpainted again which look alot like what you have. im confused.
                            Last edited by starchland; 05-17-2008, 01:24 AM.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                            "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                            "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

So Arizona is mostly desert lol. damn. Thought it was more populated lol.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              I piss off people for fun.
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                              X