sohc vtec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
    You should have that retuned. You can see between 4000 and 5000 where it stops pulling and then suddenly starts to pull again when VTEC kicks in. That isn't better for performance. Honda did that with most stock DOHC VTEC engines for marketing, and they can all be made faster by lowering the VTEC crossover. Ideally, I believe this engine should crossover somewhere in the ballpark of 4500. That means all he did was move it up, which artificially delays it and makes it seem to pop harder.
    You make a good point but my vtec wasnt always at 4700 he actually had set it to 4300 hundred but he said it had a tendency to bogg also it's wierd bc at a stop my car shakes alot

Comment

Originally posted by mr_adrenalin714 View Post
      You make a good point but my vtec wasnt always at 4700 he actually had set it to 4300 hundred but he said it had a tendency to bogg also it's wierd bc at a stop my car shakes alot
      4300 might be too low. The only really reliable way to do it is to put it on a dyno and put the switchover really high, and then really low. Where the two curves naturally cross is where your changeover should be.
      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

LOL!! not to bust your chops you cant be easy on the throttle at that high of rpm and then nail it on an automatic, and on a standard automatic vtec crossover it engages at 5500 rpm's and not 2000-2200 rpm, also you might have a vtec motor but your ecu might be stock where i have a p28 ecu
        didn't know you had a p28, and does it really engage at that high on an automatic? i know my stock f22b1 its crossover is at that low of rpm, and all it does is open the other intake valve, nothing for performance, just fuel economy.

if so i just learned something new

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
          4300 might be too low. The only really reliable way to do it is to put it on a dyno and put the switchover really high, and then really low. Where the two curves naturally cross is where your changeover should be.
          So very true he said that if i ever want to get it tuned he will tune a dyno chip for me, bc his buddy tuned my car from his laptop and not a dyno set up, he said that he will charge me 75 bucks for my newly tuned chip but i will probably do that after i get a cam gear thanks for your input you learn something everyday if you just listen

Comment

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord View Post
            didn't know you had a p28, and does it really engage at that high on an automatic? i know my stock f22b1 its crossover is at that low of rpm, and all it does is open the other intake valve, nothing for performance, just fuel economy.

if so i just learned something new
            it's cool maybe if you get a chipped ecu your vtec would crossover too, trust me it's overwelming and surprising

Comment

it's cool maybe if you get a chipped ecu your vtec would crossover too, trust me it's overwelming and surprising
              i've got an h22 i'm rebuilding, so i'll have a chipped ECU but it wont be for this motor, my vtec will probably engage at 5200 or 4900. i hvaent decided i need to do more research on it

Comment

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord View Post
                looks and sound like you were easy on the throttle and then nailed it.

i have a single cam vtec motor and theres no noticable vtec crossover. i call BS

edit: and on sohc vtec it engages at like 2000-2200 rpm. i know this is fake.
                what are you talking about my vtec engages at 5.2 its not fake. i HAVE A SOHC F20B. Read your stuff before you speak out loud.

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Comment

Originally posted by Alex13mod View Post
                  what are you talking about my vtec engages at 5.2 its not fake. i HAVE A SOHC F20B. Read your stuff before you speak out loud.

Never heard of a f20b sohc that's unique, and well said ^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

heres another vid of my vtec cross over when i floored it and it went into vtec,
                    video a little more noticeble, sorry video so short

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9teUC7TTOA

Comment

Working...
                    X