H22 CB7 versus 2008 Civic Si

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22 CB7 versus 2008 Civic Si

A quick little vid of my H22 cb racing a new civic si on the bypass, the video picks up after our downshift from inside the civic.

Accord
    H22 i/h/e with f22 5spd trans
    tuned on *** crome

Civic Si
    stock K20z3

"did he downshift again? it felt like it"
    OHIO CB7'S #11
    SOLD

Members Ride DevlTuning

as much as i love those new SI's they're too slow...

can you get more vids of your car? i'd love to see a 1st through 3rd run cause i'm going to be using the same transmission when i swap.

Comment

we go out every saturday night so this weekend i can get more vids.
      OHIO CB7'S #11
      SOLD

Members Ride DevlTuning

Comment

Originally posted by jacobuchanan140 View Post
        we go out every saturday night so this weekend i can get more vids.
        definatly appreciate it...

did the civic have any mods? just a simple I/H/E will gain about 20whp on those

Comment

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord View Post
          as much as i love those new SI's they're too slow...

can you get more vids of your car? i'd love to see a 1st through 3rd run cause i'm going to be using the same transmission when i swap.

ur nuts.... with almost no money thrown at them they go 13s. stone stock they arent that fast but they are k equipped. nobody can argue with that.

"Tucking tires and wires."
          The Chronicles.

Comment

The Civic Si was stock.

Also, I have seen that similar setup in an Accord pull on at least 1 G35 and several 3 series. The F22 tranny SHINES on the highway, even though people who don't understand gearing rip it up.

Even stock the Si isn't that bad. Properly broken in with a good driver, they can do mid 14's or so.
            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
              The F22 tranny SHINES only in speeds excess of 80mph, where the 1/4 is just about over and there REALLY isn't a point in going any further after 90mph.
              fixed.

Nice kill. I'd hate to see what I would do to them.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post
                ur nuts.... with almost no money thrown at them they go 13s. stone stock they arent that fast but they are k equipped. nobody can argue with that.
                yea stock they aren't that quick.. don't get me wrong i LOVE these cars, i hvae a poster from our waiting room of an 07 SI coupe... the K series is an awesome motor, but i feel for the same price you could get something a lot quicker.. (mazdaspeed comes to mind to me)

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                  fixed.

Nice kill. I'd hate to see what I would do to them.
                  80 is exaggerating.

They pull well from about 60-70 which is the top of the H22's 2nd gear where they HAVE to be in 3rd, but the F22 tranny can still get second for almost another 10 miles an hour. Shortly thereafter, the F22 tranny is in the sweetspot of 3rd while the H22 needs 4th, and the F22 again has the advantage. The fact is that in any kind of "high speed" highway battle, the F22 has the advantage. Personally, I prefer the H22 tranny overall, but the F22 does work in certain areas.

I have seen it. I know where they are good to and from.
                  The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

80 is exaggerating.

They pull well from about 60-70 which is the top of the H22's 2nd gear where they HAVE to be in 3rd, but the F22 tranny can still get second for almost another 10 miles an hour. Shortly thereafter, the F22 tranny is in the sweetspot of 3rd while the H22 needs 4th, and the F22 again has the advantage. The fact is that in any kind of "high speed" highway battle, the F22 has the advantage. Personally, I prefer the H22 tranny overall, but the F22 does work in certain areas.

its intresting to here you say that... it makes perfect sense, and i had just never thought about it that way.

Comment

great kill

Comment

80 is exaggerating.

65mph would put me around 7.2k RPM, if I remember correctly(2nd gear). Most h22's shift at that point, I still have ~800 rpms to play with, so I can actually go all the way to75mph. Shifting at 8k drops me to ~5200rpm. Shifting sooner would drop MOST people out of vtec. In which that case, loses a lot of momentum and now have to play catch up. At 80mph, I'm doing about 5.7/8k RPM. Vtec is definitely engaged and this is where h22's really shine.

So no, I wouldn't say 80mph is exaggerating.

I see it every day. I know where the f22 trans truly shines and don't think I remember where it happened.

Here's a video for reference. The RPM's will vary about 200/300 either way depending on tire/rim size.
                        http://s64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...1216081444.flv

My tach AND speedo are the closest I've seen from all the cars I've tuned. It's 1mph faster than what Crome says. RPM is spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                          65mph would put me around 7.2k RPM, if I remember correctly(2nd gear). Most h22's shift at that point, I still have ~800 rpms to play with, so I can actually go all the way to75mph. Shifting at 8k drops me to ~5200rpm. Shifting sooner would drop MOST people out of vtec. In which that case, loses a lot of momentum and now have to play catch up. At 80mph, I'm doing about 5.7/8k RPM. Vtec is definitely engaged and this is where h22's really shine.

So no, I wouldn't say 80mph is exaggerating.

I see it every day. I know where the f22 trans truly shines and don't think I remember where it happened.

Here's a video for reference. The RPM's will vary about 200/300 either way depending on tire/rim size.
                          http://s64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...1216081444.flv

My tach AND speedo are the closest I've seen from all the cars I've tuned. It's 1mph faster than what Crome says. RPM is spot on.
                          Damn ur still on the F22 tranny???

Originally posted by lordoja
                          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Unfortuneately.

Things can only get better with an H

Comment

gotta love those long ass f22 gears!
                              Freedom Is Not Free
                              U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

Working...
                              X