How to properly remove a fender.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to properly remove a fender.

This is my buddy properly removing his fender.

We were just messing around. The whole front end needed to be replaced so he just ripped off the fender in order to get it off.

That is not how you properly remove a fender.

Comment

I don't know what you're talking about. This is how all the professionals do it.

Comment

I understand you probably wanted to bring some humor to the forum, but please post this in the off-topic section or somewhere else. The DIY section is around with the hopes that people will help the CB7 community by creating useful and detailed guides on modifications or other neat things that can be done to enhance our accords and our driving experiences. Threads such as these that don't provide the kind of useful information that people come to the DIY section to find make the DIY section look bad when new members come to check it out.

Humorous as it is, I personally don't want to come to a DIY section to find jokes Hope you don't take this the wrong way.
        blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

Originally posted by P5ylance View Post
          I understand you probably wanted to bring some humor to the forum, but please post this in the off-topic section or somewhere else. The DIY section is around with the hopes that people will help the CB7 community by creating useful and detailed guides on modifications or other neat things that can be done to enhance our accords and our driving experiences. Threads such as these that don't provide the kind of useful information that people come to the DIY section to find make the DIY section look bad when new members come to check it out.

Humorous as it is, I personally don't want to come to a DIY section to find jokes Hope you don't take this the wrong way.
          I understand man. I was going to post it in off topic. Would a Mod be generous enough to move this into the off topic?

Comment

I still don't understand why. If I'm replacing the engine in my car I don't take off my hood and start jumping up and down on my engine until it drops out. Your friend looks about as intelligent as someone that I could see performing this "repair" though.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
              I still don't understand why. If I'm replacing the engine in my car I don't take off my hood and start jumping up and down on my engine until it drops out. Your friend looks about as intelligent as someone that I could see performing this "repair" though.
              We were doing it the right way at first, until he stripped the bolt under the side skirt. It was rounded off and we couldn't fit visegrips in there. The only other was was by ripping it off. He is ordering a whole new front end for it soon.

Comment

Comment

Program time...

Comment

I dont get it. All that work, and one bolt left, and you can't properly do it?

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                      I dont get it. All that work, and one bolt left, and you can't properly do it?
                      X2 its not hard
                      1991 Cappuccino Brown LX Coupe
                      2013 Rallye Red Civic EX Coupe

Comment

He must be balling. He could of spent that money into his swap; instead of getting another front end.... .

He kicked the fender down .
                        MY MRT
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178936

Comment

Originally posted by P5ylance View Post

I must agree with you P5ylance.
                          If it's not serious don't post it here.

People come here for good information not jokes.
                          Post it in the off topic section.
                          Current:
                          2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
                          1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
                          1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

I dont even find the humour in it. It's more like pointless destruction.

Comment

It was a joke. It is not how I would treat my car, or any other car I was working with, but he decided this is how he wanted to remove it. Taking off the side skirt without proper tools is not as easy as if I had a fork tool. This method worked and no harm was done to the car. Now we can put on new fenders and his new hood to proper way since I will have my tools next time.

Comment

Working...
                              X