No announcement yet.

Interior Cleaning - Acclude style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with you Pat on the fact of gunk growing under the carpet. I had a small water leak for about 6 months where water would get under the rear passenger carpet and when I pulled it up, good lord. It was so dirty under there and smelled nasty.

If I had the time to strip my interior I definitely would. I have my rear gutted right now.. all the trunk interior, rear door panels, rear seat, passenger seat, and all the plastic stuff in the rear deck. I went in there with a rag and some cleaning stuff just to get a shine in there and to make it smell good. Even though my car is now white and the car used to be green, it was well worth the few hours of working on it.

My trunk drain hole is clogged though and I have to find a way to unclog it.. I'm thinking some air from the compressor. I have to use a vacumn at the car wash when water accumulates there.. which sucks!
    Adam - Retired OG member from '03
    2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
    2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
    2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

By the way, is the trunk drain hole located where the spare wheel is?

Comment

There are actually 7 main drain spots in the trunk alone. Three are in the spare tire area. Two are covered with easily removable rubber plugs and the third one needs to be worked on a little to get it off. The other 4 locations are actually part of the frame and are used for a tremel gage. I wouldn't drain anything into those 4 unless you have drilled additional drainage holes like I have. Additionally, you should also prime, seal and paint the areas that you drill so that they do not rust as well. Trunk bedliner or undercoating are two other things that would be good at preventing rust on the freshly drilled holes. Otherwise your car may rust from the inside of the frame out.

My Accord History:
        91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by ACCLUDE91
          Just doing the inside takes about 30-45 min. and it takes me about 2 hours to clean the whole car (inside, outside, under the hood, wheel wells, and underneath). It's so much easier and quicker. I'm not saying that everyone should pull their interiors out and go ape shit with a power washer, but I set my car up so that I could.

It may seem dumb to some of you guys and I understand that, but believe me, I know what I'm doing whether you agree or not. From my point of view, my car is designed with ease of maintenance, ease of tuning, and ease of upgrading. It's is all about making it as easy as possible to do ANY kind of work to it. Anything that is not needed to make the car function correctly has been removed and/or altered to make work simple. Electrically, there is almost nothing left on the inside so I don't have to worry about any electrical issues. I totally like being able to take a power washer to the ENTIRE car and not have to worry about any issues because of it. Afterall, it is a track car, not a show car.

You know there are tons of drain plugs in the car and those drain plugs are there for a reason. Not to mention the countless other hidded drain holes that most people would never even know about, plus the fact that I have also added my own drain holes in key areas to speed up the process and ensure that no rust starts. You guys with full interiors have more of a chance of getting rust patches than I do because of that damn absorbent carpet. You'd be suprised at the gunk that collects under there and just sits there. If you knew what was really under there, you'd want to power wash your shit too! lol!

He's right on this...I found $13.XX of change in my car in removing the carpeting, stripping some of the interior, etc. Totally nasty if you only knew what collects under there.
          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

my lord..not cool...........
            Circuit///Hero
            !IloveMyHonda!
            95 camo EG6(sold)
            93 accord se(Sold)
            91 Civic Si "Tahitian Green Pearl" (current)
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=127448

Comment

My Accord History:
              91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by SiccMadeFrank
                my lord..not cool...........

I did it today washed my trunk and my back area looks real clean now and aero did you not pull out the rubber plugs? and drilled a extra hole in your car? lol and "siccmadefrank" whats not cool? driving around without mud and goop and mold isnt cool? oh well

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
                bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

what about the bolt holes for where the seat goes in, there is a cavity in there. later.
                  Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Good point. There's lots of little areas like that that should be coverd or plugged before spraying. I think kentuckeyaccord is one of the only other members with a stripped ass car like this so none of this really applies to you guys....maybe the trunk area but that's about it. I spilt a damn coke in the car the other day (perks of not having cup holders) so I gotta spray it down again soon.

My Accord History:

-Patrick

Comment

water + interior = no i dont think the body's gonna rust out or the car fall into a million pieces, but the long-term is what would worry me. what about the trunk and fuel release cables, the connectors that now have water or moisture in them and most importantly, the grounds? it looked like a 92-93 coupe, so what about airbag connections and system??

Comment

Working...
                      X