No announcement yet.

4th gen show car w/ hydraulics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Mauiboy if was just 2 get a air ride system just make it go up and down and maybe side 2 side would i be in need 2 be replacing alot of things 2 or no. i don't want it 2 jump just normal lift n drop and maybe play with it at a few lights. any help would be good i plan on doin this soon 2.

Comment

Originally posted by 92Jr
      Hey Mauiboy if was just 2 get a air ride system just make it go up and down and maybe side 2 side would i be in need 2 be replacing alot of things 2 or no. i don't want it 2 jump just normal lift n drop and maybe play with it at a few lights. any help would be good i plan on doin this soon 2.
      No, not really, 92Jr... Most air ride systems I see here on Maui is straight bolt-ons (air strut cylinders replacing the existing strut/shock/spring assembly) with a slight modification- might need to "roll" the fenderwells a bit to allow full travel when "dumping" your ride down on all four corners... Also, need some kind of electrical knowledge when dealing with these systems (hooking up batteries to the compressor, wiring the switches, etc.)... Google "air ride systems" and see what shops have what you have in mind and fits your needs (wouldn't hurt to look at prices, too)...

When I was competing with my hydros, I was replacing parts like axles, wheel bearings (OUCH!!!), blown hydro strut cylinders (broken seal), etc... You get the picture... Remember, this was after every competition I entered... Yep... Car dance competitions meant giving it all I got... Trust me, chicks love this sh*t... LOL...

Hope this helps out... Ask if any ?'s arise and I'll do my best to reply back...

L8z-
      Jay
      "Don't meddle with things you don't understand..."

1990 Accord LX- Maroon w/Raspberry pearl. Daily driven: NOT a stay-at-home-bitch RIP 8/9/2006

Another Gen4 CB7 ryde in the works...

Ryde Syndicate... "If it don't make dollars, it don't make sense..."

Comment

hey do you remember if the car next to the accord was a 4runner with a GS front end and RX 300 outer tail lights, with NY plates
        and a marble floor?

Comment

Originally posted by RY2K
          hey do you remember if the car next to the accord was a 4runner with a GS front end and RX 300 outer tail lights, with NY plates
          and a marble floor?
          not too sure exactly man... sounds like it could have been him... i don't remember about the plates and all though. sorry.

Comment

Working...
          X