Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

exhaust broken after CC, damn loud!

crappy cell phone video

I was trying to capture the tach, but not nearly enough light. I only hit 3k RPM in first, then only went to 2,500, light throttle.

Heard the noise start yesterday, finally broke as I was pulling into work. Damn these little engines make a lot of noise. I thought no muffler was bad enough.
    The midpipe broke at the flange just after the catalytic converter.
    Lifetime warranty on it, so just have to pay labor. Don't feel like doing it myself, I'm tired on working on this thing. lol Goes in Thursday morning. Till then I have to do about three more hours of driving.
    Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

LOL 4th gear sounds like a FART
    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Yea I ran my car for two weeks off the catalytic converter. Main reason I had a hole in my exhaust and didnt want to deal with it. But yea itis not all that great its really loud and obnoxious. Track car wouldnt mind but its not fun dd'ing the thing around. Good thing it wasnt in the city.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7
        LOL 4th gear sounds like a FART
        LMAO I know! Friend said same thing. For some reason, reading that just made me sort and laugh uncontrollably. It was rather undignified.

And I wouldn't even track the thing unless I had ear plugs. lol Even then it rattles EVERYTHING to hell. Like a built-in massager. If I try to listen to music its all distorted. Oh, and I have the CC tied up off the ground with some heavy bailing wire.
        Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Originally posted by Otto
          LMAO I know! Friend said same thing. For some reason, reading that just made me sort and laugh uncontrollably. It was rather undignified.

And I wouldn't even track the thing unless I had ear plugs. lol Even then it rattles EVERYTHING to hell. Like a built-in massager. If I try to listen to music its all distorted. Oh, and I have the CC tied up off the ground with some heavy bailing wire.
          You think thats bad try sitting in a drive through waiting for your food. I felt like i was gonna die of carbon monoxide poisoning. We had to wait in teh car in line for like 10 min lol longest drive thru evar. We were feeling light headed and shit lol it was no bueno.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

no bueno at all I didn't even think of that. But its winter anyways, windows up and heater fan on.

Oh and I do not <3 negative camber wear

Comment

lol i have no catalytic converter or anything just downpipe and header.
              1991 HONDA ACCORD LX (MY BABY) COLD AIR, FULL EXHAUST. COMIN UP: CIVIC SPOILER!

Comment

Working...
              X