No announcement yet.

Fearit22 : 1992 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what excatly did you take out to have you car weigh in at 2550lbs?

my pig weighed in at 3215 that's w/ me in it 100lbs of tools full interior, spare tire, jack etc.. 92ex coupe 5spd
    Patastinky's parting out thread. Everythings GOT TO GO!!

c0up3z r3pr353n7 !!!1!
    MY HondaSociety.com VOUCHE THREAD !!

MY HONDA-TECH.com VOUCHE THREAD !!

Comment

Well that is without me in it. Ummm lets see ... lightweight flywheel/pulleys, removed a lot of protective shit like heat shielding on the exhaust and other places, no carpet in the car, pretty much nothing at all in the trunk, no door panels, no back seat, no passenger seat, racing drivers seat ... probably forgetting a lot of crap but for now thats what I can think of. Mine is an lx so it starts off a little bit lighter than the ex. It would have been about 30 pounds lighter, but my nitrous set up is heavy and my bottle was filled too.

Anyone have any idea how much weight I'll gain with a fmic dsm turbo set up? I just want to know what to expect when I do it this summer. MRX?? C'mon you know you wanna answer.

Comment

Well are u keeping your current exhaust? Which dsm turbo are u going with? Might i suggest a big or small 16G? With a SMIC you won't rack up too much weight with piping and the header + downpipe are often pretty heavy so trading all that out for the dsm manifold + turbo + downpipe + IC piping + bov might add like 25-40 lbs at most i'd say. My car would weigh in at about 2915lbs. without me if i took out the subs. But my exhuast piping and IC piping are completely stainless steel and heavy.

p.s. Heard u got beat by the newbie...what happened? And i heard he challenged u with all 6 of his psi from his T-tiny 8
        Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

I wouldn't really call it that. I had just filled up right before we raced and I had an extra person in the car. At 90 my front bumper was at his rear bumper ... so N/A versus turbo that's pretty lame. I could have beat him easily if it wasn't for the extra weight.... and if the nitrous was working ...well no explanation necessary there.

I want the bigger of the dsm turbos and a fmic because I'm going to get new rods and pistons so the engine will be able to take some boost. I want to do 3" downpipe and exhaust the whole way back.

Comment

gdout told me there was something wrong with your clutch. Good job on the race then thats pretty bad ass. And the Big 16G or the 20G should be your choice of turbo. Not much lag on the 16G and a great top end. The 20G will have more lag but better top end.

Someone should tell the newbie about uber so he can turn up the boost

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Yeah, I'm not sure if it's my clutch or just synchros ... The stage II is only like 1 year old so it shouldn't be messed up yet. It's only second gear that gives me trouble so I'm thinking it's the synchros. I'm gonna try some synchromesh and see if it helps.

I was trying to preach to him the ways of the uber. He has some ghetto fmu set up right now and was going on about how he wants to get a hondata.... I was trying to tell him how much money he would save and all with the uberdata so maybe he got something out of it. Right now he is putting down like 170 hp and nearly 200 ft/lbs to the wheels. I think he said he changed some stuff since then though.

Comment

And as for the boost ... I'm thinking like 10 maybe 14 psi max. I'm pretty sure the stock sleeves would take that with no problem. I'm going to replace the rings, rods, pistons, and the other weak spots though. I don't really like turbo cars that have a lot of lag ... kinda of sucks when they cant do anything below 4000 rpms... So you think 16g would be the best or would 14 psi be too much for it?

Comment

A big 16g at 14psi would probably make ur toes curl. Its not as deadly a turbo as the hybrids or say the t60-1 and up but its not too laggy (full spool by about 3500rpm or so) and it has the top end power to pull past redline. I'll have to consult JD for more info on it. He's the only one i know thats run the t-25, 13b, 14b, and the 16g turbo on an f22a. The sleeves will be fine up to about 17psi i'd say if u aren't pounding the shit out of the motor everyday. Have u thought about scraping off all the tar on the car? you could easily drop 75-100lbs with just that. I thought it would suck too not having incredible power at like 2500-3500 but it doesn't at all. Even tho my turbo hits 10psi by 3k-3.2k the power doesn't really kick u in the ass till about 4500rpm. Honestly from experience...concentrate the power at 5000rpm cause theres nothing like it. And not to make u spend more money but could u please not use a SMIC with that setup lol?

Comment

Well see my parents had this nice turbo station wagon, but the damn thing took forever to spool. It wouldn't even start spooling till like 20 mph in first gear so it kind of sucked. Once it spooled though that thing was damn fast lol.

I know I want the powerband to be about 4-4500 on up because I won't ever be below that. Like I said, definitely fmic for my set up. I'm going to do things right for it. I don't know if the nitrous along with the turbo would be too much for the sleeves. I still would like to use it though. 14 psi and the 75 shot could easily get me 350 whp .... that's what I'm hoping for by the end of the next summer. As for the tar stuff, I've started scraping it off, but I haven't had time to finish it yet.

Comment

ran into a couple of threads about the 20G...even had a picture of a t3 sitting next to it. The t3 was bigger than the 20G by alot (as far as exhaust housings are concerned). And i found out the 20G flows like 605cfm. So its less laggy than a t3 and flows very decent numbers. I retract my statement about the 16G setup. I know u want that low end power but with low end power comes top end loss. Besides u could always just get that new psi activated nitrous disarmer and make up for the low end that way

Comment

ok midnite if i was to spray, what do i need for a healthy 50 shot? thanks
                        To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

ask fearit i'm not the man for that question

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
                            ran into a couple of threads about the 20G...even had a picture of a t3 sitting next to it. The t3 was bigger than the 20G by alot (as far as exhaust housings are concerned). And i found out the 20G flows like 605cfm. So its less laggy than a t3 and flows very decent numbers. I retract my statement about the 16G setup. I know u want that low end power but with low end power comes top end loss. Besides u could always just get that new psi activated nitrous disarmer and make up for the low end that way
                            I'm really not too big on the low end power. If I have enough top end power it will keep me happy. That 20g is sounding pretty nice now actually. I don't know enough about the dsm turbo stuff yet so which car would this come from and would it bolt up to any of the dsm manifolds? I don't want to get too small of a turbo and make it inefficient by running more boost than it can handle. Thanks for the info man.
                            Last edited by Fearit22; 12-02-2004, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SoySauceCb7
                              ok midnite if i was to spray, what do i need for a healthy 50 shot? thanks
                              50 shot is pretty easy. Just get 1-2 step colder plugs and run premium gas. No timing retard necessary. The fuel pump can handle it, and if you run the dry shot the injectors won't have trouble either. Just make sure if you spray to get a bottle heater because it is absolutely necessary.

Comment

How about this
                                -Larger feul rail
                                -Fuel pressure reg, +10 psi
                                -New injectors
                                -Venom V2000 kit
                                -2 colder plug
                                -93 octane
                                -Bottle heater? Y?
                                To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Working...
                                X