No announcement yet.

bluecb7 : 1991 Accord DX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay got some updates finally. The entire reason for me pulling the engine was to get the engine and engine bay cleaned up, delete the power steering, and do a wire tuck. The only thing I have left to do is tuck the engine harness itself and this part of the project will all be done. So on to the pics:
    Passenger side wire wire tuck:

I need to weld a nut over the hole to attach the ground:

Driver side wire tuck (the headlight wires are pulled back and wont be as visible once everything is put back together)

Where I mounted the ground point and resistor box:

And the breather for the power steering delete:

And how I looped the other lines (the picture is from oneoffaccord's car on cb7tuner, but I ran mine the same way):
    Originally posted by 92dm
    I was actually just being a smart ass, and not really contributing to this at all.
    VOUCHES
    Bought from: cb95spd

Comment

Got some brackets and shiz painted up today.

PS pump bracket (not painted since it will be taken off once the engine is in, just shows what the condition of the other brackets were before they were painted):

Alternator bracket all painted:

Rear mount (the base was rusted like it was original, was replaced sometime last year), front mount bracket, PS bracket, and some wiring bracket:

The pictures make the paint look gray, they are actually black lol.

Also got the rest of the mounts painted up, and that pretty much brings the thread up to date. I need to get some connectors figured out, and get the fluids, then she'll be ready to go back together finally.
      I was actually just being a smart ass, and not really contributing to this at all.
      VOUCHES

Comment

What has been holding me up so long is a mix of two things, lack of motivation and I pulled my biggest noob mistake and didn't label the connectors when I did the wire tuck. That led to mixing up some connectors that are the exact same, short of wire color and I didn't remember which wen where. Well after looking at the harness for the 100th time I think I figured out the connectors, unfortunately that means that I now have redo how I routed the connectors and that means pulling the dash out again. That takes care of one problem. As far as the motivation goes, school officially starts Wednesday, but I only have classes on Monday and Tuesday, so I have until one week from tomorrow to get it all back together, so wish me luck.
        VOUCHES

Comment

Alright, I finally have a big update. The engine is in, I still need to get a lot of stuff hooked up, but the engine and trans are in and mounted!!!!!

How she sat at around 8:00pm this evening:

VOUCHES

Comment

good work yo. this bish better be done tomorrow

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

It will be.
              VOUCHES

Comment

Originally posted by bluecb7 View Post
                It will be.
                oh we'll see.

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Another update. I did start it up tonight and ran it for like 2 seconds since it was low on coolant (didn't have as much as I thought), there's no trans fluid in anything but the torque converter, and it was on jack stands. But more than all of that I was running open header at 11pm lol.

onto the pics:

And yes, I do realize there's a lot of wiring left in there, but I don't know what else to do with it short of making a tuck harness like chasebays kinda deal and f*ck that.
                  VOUCHES

Comment

your bay is looking better then stock so thats good there!

I didnt see it, but you should relocate the battery to the trunk and it will have your bay look alot cleaner!

Keep up that motivation!

Comment

Thanks, and yeah a battery relocation is on my list of things to do. But all the clips on one side of the rear window trim are broken and causing a bad trunk leak, so until I get that fixed I want to keep stuff out of there.
                      VOUCHES

Comment

Nice work
                        My ride History:
                        Accord 90 lx auto: Gone
                        Accord 91 dx MT: Gone
                        Accord 92 lx auto: Gone
                        -----------------------------------
                        1st to D.I.Y custom RED/CLEAR's

Comment

Originally posted by CB7_91/DX
                          Nice work
                          Thanks, I've always liked your car.

Unfortunately I go to school till 11pm on Mondays and Tuesdays, so no real work getting done till Wednesday. But I did get the bumper, headlights, fenders, and fog lights back on on Sunday. I still need to get pics up, That will probably be tomorrow. Also I need to go to the junkyard tomorrow to get another t-stat housing so I can hook up my aftermarket temp gauge since my stock one decided to stop working.
                          VOUCHES

Comment

The car runs and drives. But I was on my way into town and stopped to get gas and noticed steam pouring out from under the hood, coolant was spilling out a bleeder valve thing, turns out I didn't tighten it down all the way, hopefully that will fix the problem. But pictures will be up after I get everything figured out and get her washed up.
                            VOUCHES

Comment

I got the coolant issue fixed. But in my car's "I'm not going to let you save any money" attitude I think my alternator is going out. I was on my way back from in town when I noticed smoke coming out from under my hood, I popped it and smoke was rooling out from the alternator. I think the bearings are shot in it.
                              VOUCHES

Comment

Got the new alternator installed. And I just got back from a test drive with the car, almost hit a cow and some turkey vultures (country back roads are my favorite testing routes), but all systems are a go! FINALLY!
                                VOUCHES

Comment

Working...
                                X