cloudasc : 1991 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boost_Lee View Post
    you can tune on uberdata. I ran uber when I was boosted on an auto tranny. Never got around to testing crome...
    pmed.

Well its too early to tell what the hell is going on... my mom is talking about making it manditory that I get rid of the car towards like a trade in (and I just kbb'd my car in its current condition (nitpicky style, and the car came out rated as "good", and only worth $850). F*ck that! Also the car doesn't qualify for the CARS program, plus I couldn't let this car goto the shredder. At most I might be able to sell the car for 2k to a private seller that can actually appreciate the work put into it... tally is at 9k for parts and mechanical labor over the last 3 years, thats with gutting the stereo system of course, and not counted in the tally. I don't like lieing to my parents, but if it came down to it, i'll cough up the 1k towards the new car and "say I sold my car for that much".

The plot thickens, i'm freaking out about giving up the car, and everything else... i'll be damned if I get stuck in a kia.
    PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

that's awful news, but you have the money for the stock bottom end rebuild, and that will surely last for a while...you have too much invested and the car looks way too nice to give up. new cars blow ass dude, fix that cb!!! =)
      96 mx-6, needs work...
      91 accord lx sedan, needs work...

Comment

Originally posted by nope View Post
        that's awful news, but you have the money for the stock bottom end rebuild, and that will surely last for a while...you have too much invested and the car looks way too nice to give up. new cars blow ass dude, fix that cb!!! =)
        Well the $2500 I would have to fix the bottom end rebuild would have been given to me from my parents, but I called my grandpa in arizona, just to talk, and shoot the shit, see how he was doing, and after I get off the phone with him, like 10 minutes later he calls back, and is like "is everything ok", and I explained the situation to him, after getting some advice, next thing I know my mom is calling me, and is like "who did you just talk too?", and thats when my mom throws out the entire idea of getting a new low mileage still under warranty car. I talked to her last night, and she hung up on me after I told her "there really isn't any certified used cars under 10k", and she adds "well I got my 97 jeep grand cherokee v8 with all the bells and whistles with 30k on it for $25k", and I think to myself, theres a huge difference between trying to find a certified used car for 10k, and have 25k towards a newer vehicle with warranty.

The car I have my hopes set on is a Honda Fit. It has gotten the best reviews, I took a base model manual for a drive today, and it was fun... it seems like a really great car, but its almost about 17k new for a base model manual after title and taxes, and that doesnt' even include any financing. The one i'm looking at is $14995, has 13k miles and still has 87k left on the powertrain warranty. I'm probably going to offer them a grand over what the kbb says the trade in value is, maybe around 13k (since it is used) which ends up being 14k after title and taxes. With 5k down, on and 36 month financing, it would end up being $320 a month.
        Last edited by cloudasc; 08-21-2009, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Its been a while since I wrote here, so lemme fill you all in with the latest happenings.

I ended up getting a new 2009 Honda Fit Sport MT in Storm Silver Metallic to take over my daily duties of getting to and from work reliably, and grocery/hauling needs. As of this moment, the cb7 is resting peacefully in the garage. I've added an on-board battery maintainer since its not being driven anymore. I start it up, every week or so, let it warm up, and chill listening to the stereo.

I haven't abandoned hope on the car, I've invested so much, and it still technically runs strong, besides the annoying wristpin knock. I tested and pulled each spark plug one by one and revved the motor, found out its cylinder #4 with the wristpin knock, it was the last one I pulled, and the sound went away when I revved it.

I am also currently on the group buy for the Bisimoto header, and will be contributing the final payment for the header as soon as I hear from them. After that, theres alot instore for this, its going to be going through a major transformation, so lemme fill you in on the plans.

I'm rebuilding the block, balanced & blueprinted
          1. Resleeved w/ 86mm bore
          2. Bisimoto 12:1 compression pistons (with moly coating)
          3. Bisimoto forged rods
          4. Bisimoto Level 2.5 Camshaft regrind (one day I will spray )
          5. Bisimoto Cam Gear
          6. Head porting by CHR Racing or Bisimoto
          7. H23 MT Trans swap
          8. Action 2MD Clutch
          9. Bisimoto or Fidanza Lightweight Flywheel
          10. ESP Traction Bar w/ Front Torque Mount
          11. ESP Poly Motor Mounts
          12. Hondata S300
          13. Chipped P72 Equivalent (Keeping EGR & IAB's Functional)
          14. Innovate XD16+ Kit
          15. Bisimoto Header & Custom Exhaust
          16. And some other stuff....

Aiming for 200+ min whp (without spray)

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
            Its been a while since I wrote here, so lemme fill you all in with the latest happenings.

I ended up getting a new 2009 Honda Fit Sport MT in Storm Silver Metallic to take over my daily duties of getting to and from work reliably, and grocery/hauling needs. As of this moment, the cb7 is resting peacefully in the garage. I've added an on-board battery maintainer since its not being driven anymore. I start it up, every week or so, let it warm up, and chill listening to the stereo.

I haven't abandoned hope on the car, I've invested so much, and it still technically runs strong, besides the annoying wristpin knock. I tested and pulled each spark plug one by one and revved the motor, found out its cylinder #4 with the wristpin knock, it was the last one I pulled, and the sound went away when I revved it.

I am also currently on the group buy for the Bisimoto header, and will be contributing the final payment for the header as soon as I hear from them. After that, theres alot instore for this, its going to be going through a major transformation, so lemme fill you in on the plans.

I'm rebuilding the block, balanced & blueprinted
            1. Resleeved w/ 86mm bore
            2. Bisimoto 12:1 compression pistons (with moly coating)
            3. Bisimoto forged rods
            4. Bisimoto Level 2.5 Camshaft regrind (one day I will spray )
            5. Bisimoto Cam Gear
            6. Head porting by CHR Racing or Bisimoto
            7. H23 MT Trans swap
            8. Action 2MD Clutch
            9. Bisimoto or Fidanza Lightweight Flywheel
            10. ESP Traction Bar w/ Front Torque Mount
            11. ESP Poly Motor Mounts
            12. Hondata S300
            13. Chipped P72 Equivalent (Keeping EGR & IAB's Functional)
            14. Innovate XD16+ Kit
            15. Bisimoto Header & Custom Exhaust
            16. And some other stuff....

Aiming for 200+ min whp (without spray)
            sick, any time frame in mind that you want to and finish by? (they always change anyway lol)

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

With a car note, and the insurence for the GE8, it has made money rather tight at the moment, but I should in the next couple of months be recieving a rather significant raise at work, that will allow me to have everything finished on that list by Summer of next year at the latest.

Hopefully it will be sooner with that, but I will keep everyone informed, and upload pictures of things as I recieve them.

Comment

Well its been a long time coming, found a package on my doorstep after getting home from work.... it had Bisimoto written all over it...

P.S. Sorry about the camera phone photo's, and the ones that got overflashed... this should look sweet next to my polished valve-cover. Next on my purchase list: Bisimoto Forged Pistons & Rods...
                Last edited by cloudasc; 11-15-2010, 08:19 PM.

Comment

So sick!!! is this baby on? what have you been up to? havent seen you at the past few meets and hope you can make it out to the one we are having on April 16th here in Austin, I will have nice bud for you to enjoy if you make it out!!

Updates!!!!!
                  Last edited by Jarrett; 11-17-2012, 01:45 PM.

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

Hey bro you're looking real good! Can't wait til I start on mine!

about to get my hands dirty!

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
                      So sick!!! is this baby on? what have you been up to? havent seen you at the past few meets and hope you can make it out to the one we are having on April 16th here in Austin, I will have nice bud for you to enjoy if you make it out!!

Updates!!!!!
                      Well lets see, there hasn't been really any change in regards to the car, its till connected to life support (battery maintainer), still starts up right away, and purrs like a kitten after the initial startup wristpin clacking. Haven't put the header on yet since there is no point at this time until I either a rebuild the block as I would like to, or do a quick shortblock swap. Regardless financially things are tight with my finances, I also recently got married on Dec 7th, and I still haven't gotten that increase in pay that I've been needing for ages. So things are a little rough, but I still believe there is salvation in the future.

Originally posted by Need4speed View Post
                      Hey bro you're looking real good! Can't wait til I start on mine!
                      I can't wait to start working on mine either... just $$$ is too tight. Thank you for stopping by, and when you do start working on yours, remember to take plenty of pictures

Comment

Thought I would give a brief update. I have made no progress with the cb7, as I mentioned money was financially tight, and now i've been surviving on unemployment now for 2 months. I still have my dream and my goals for this car intact, although I have no idea when I will be able to resume this project. Regardless I am keeping uplifted view on life, and hope I will be re-employed at a much better pay rate from the gained experience and my title during my last employment.

Comment

cb look sick im like all the engine mods bro

Comment

update

broads come and go money comes and goes ,but cars stay so shell still be waiting for ya
                            Originally posted by deevergote
                            This thread is over a year old, you fucking retard.
                            i dont know why this popped up but U MAD BRO? not my fault u is FAKE! CLOWN ASS

Comment

Well shit, the CB has been sitting now for a decade, and only driven a couple miles in that time, and coming up close to it's 30 year anniversary. Been parked outside for most of that time, with only the last couple of years being under a car cover, and the longer it sits, the more things degrade. All 4 tires show significant signs of dry-rotting, rear's are holding some pressure, fronts are flat, and I think if I try and refill, will just pop (may make good video there, hah). And just like most things as they age, they eventually become incontinent, and the gas tank decided to piss itself, so much to the point the mail carrier said the fumes were too strong, and that we'd have to pickup our mail until fixed. So, took a bar of ivory soap, and rubbed it where the leak spot was, and it seems to be holding (if there is anything left in the tank), so gonna need to get one of those, and might as well replace the fuel pump if I go there. I had a battery maintainer, but it eventually gave way, and the battery is completely flat (and has been for years), as I have some sort of parasitic draw coming from somewhere (I'm thinking something with the stereo setup). Last time I popped the hood, saw signs that some animal may have hid there. Interior is nice and dry, and still in good shape. Some of the clear-coat particularily on the rear of the roof I believe has been baked away by the sun before I put a car cover on it (that is now disintegrating), so I'm due to give it a wash and new cover here soon. Maybe I'll snap some before/after pictures of the process.

I'm honestly considering reviving it, been parked due to wrist-pin knock (that I can really only blame myself for). So I'm torn between just getting it running/operational again (so the wife can have a car to drive, since she can't drive a manual [e.g. my 09 Fit Sport]), or actually going through with my build plans, and everything that entails. (F22Ax 12:1 N/A build + laughing gas, that can run on pump gas, but will probably be running E85+ with a stage 2 equivalent cam).

Why now? It pains me to see it sitting there every time I step outside of the house, and reminds me I have a beautiful header waiting to be put on, just gatherering dust. That and with the recent stimulus / change from 1099 to W2 by my employer, will be wiping out pretty much all my debt in the next couple of months, and I have gained a lot of revolving low/no interest spending power over the last decade. That and I need to scratch the project off my bucket list, so I can eventually pursue my mid-life crisis / childhood dream car of owning FD Rx7. Am I rambling? Probably, and with that I'll end this post here...
                              Last edited by cloudasc; 05-16-2020, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Sell it. Don't let it go to waste ...

Comment

Working...
                                X