cloudasc : 1991 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mugen Presents!

Yay, my new Mugen Thermostat & Fan switch came in the mail today! Here are the pictures!

Mugen Thermostat (above), Mugen Fan Switch (below),

Also I went back to the junkyard again today, and I got the front valance/lip $30, and oil cooler $25 from the same 92 ex that I mentioned in my previous posts. I also managed to find a h23a1 at a nearby junkyard, but they want $150 for the intake plenum & throttle body. I'll probably stop back by tomorrow and pay for it, considering car-parts.com junkyard listed parts are equivalent price but 200 miles away, or even pricier closer to where I live.

Also I just got the tracking information from Majestic Honda, and my a6 windage tray, bolts & gaskets should arrive on the 10th. The local dealership should also be calling here in the next couple days for the oil pickup/strainer thats shorter because of the windage tray.

And the best parts from everything i've aquired will be getting put on when I get my timing belt job done, save on some labor by lumping it with regular maintence. I'll post up the pictures of everything after it each item is recieved.
    PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Current Junkyard Offerings

They finally were able to get the parts from the junkyard, and here is everything I picked up. R.I.P. (Rest in pieces) 92 auto ex @ 145k!

Here is the Front Valance/Lip:

Here is the oil cooler:

Here is the cam:

Here is the a6 head and manifold (front view):

a6 throttlebody & upper intake manifold:

a6 head & intake (ps view)

a6 head & intake (ds view) Notice the air tank and iab sylenoid:

Bottom of head, cylinders 4, 3, 2, 1:

Bottom of head, cylinders 2, 1:

Bottom of head, cylinders 4, 3:

Here is the pt6 ecu:

Here is the tcu, which I won't be needing since I want to keep my "sport" mode:

Now I just need to aquire the throttle body and upper intake manifold from an h23a1. Found a junkyard that has it, just gotta pay for it, and pick it up.

By the time I am done with this project, I will have a complete a1 manifold & throttle body, upper half of an a6 manifold and throttle body minus the iab plate, and possibly the lower half of an h23 manifold. If anyone wants to start claiming dibs on the leftovers, go on ahead, whatevers left will just be going on ebay. I don't want/have a need to keep the leftover parts. Heres to a G22.5 (f22/h23) intake!
      Last edited by cloudasc; 03-07-2009, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Lip Installed

Well I had to stop by home depot and pick up a dozen 1" sheet metal screws, so I could install my lip. Here is the outcome!

Comment

Parts from Majestic Honda

Well my parts from Majestic Honda Finally arrived, the a6 windage tray, the extra bolt required to install it, and my oil pan gasket. Well onto more pictures.

Here is the windage tray:

Oil Pan Gasket:

The one extra bolt needed to install the windage tray:

Comment

Why did you get the mugen thermo and switch?
            wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
              Why did you get the mugen thermo and switch?
              I got the thermo and switch because my car is more used to the northern states weather, and it gets really hot here, and I run my ac all the time. I got them from King Motorsports, the thermostat you want is the one marked for civics I believe. The one that they say is supposed to be for our motors, are way too big, I think i measured it at 65mm diameter, my mechanic says it looks like its for a legend. Our stock one is closer to 55mm I believe. Also when it comes to the radiator cap, you want the F type. The fan switch listed is the correct one. I already shipped back the thermostat that was too big, and the correct one should arrive tomorrow, i'll update the picture, and show the part number for the correct one when it gets in. I mailed the thermostat 2 day priority on Friday of last week, so they do have quick turnaround, and there is a live person to help you when you call if you have problems. Oh its Mugens fault for listing the wrong part numbers, either that or they are meant for jdm motors, which might have larger thermostats housings? I give King Motorsports an A+.
              Last edited by cloudasc; 03-17-2009, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Correct Size Mugen Thermostat:

After finally recieving the correct mugen thermostat, I went and had it installed, and when they pulled out the old thermostat it was very apparent that it wasn't working correctly, being stuck open even after removing it. The mugen thermoswitch was also installed at the same time. So far so good, i'll keep tabs on my coolant, and see if this was the reason my coolant appeared to "evaporate".

Things I noticed because the thermostat was stuck partially open, when its about mid 40's outside, driving at freeway speeds, my gauge would read low, halfway between completely cold, and normal operating temperature. On warmer days in the mid 70s, after sitting at a stop for a few minutes, I would notice my temp gauge start to climb, I would check the coolant levels and it would be down about 1/8th to 1/16th of a gallon. Resevoir would remain full, and I would witness air bubbles escaping past the radiator cap and bubbling the resevoir.

I hope this helps both for me, and for everyone else who has similiar problems.

Also the part number didn't change, it seems as if mugen packaged the wrong size thermostat for that part-number, and when ordering one, make sure to call them and ask for the "smaller" one.

Comment

I stopped by honda, after waiting almost 2 weeks without recieving a phone call when my parts came in. Anyways the last few pieces I needed for the a6 oil system conversion are here!

I decided to get new bolts and studs for the a6 strainer pretty much for shits and giggles and incase there are any problems removing the old one. Anyways here are the pictures:

And here is an impulse buy! It felt well deserved after the thermostat, fanswitch, radiator cap & oil cap.

Thanks for stopping by! Comments are always welcome!

Comment

How to fix a case of the mondays...

Well today I sent my a6 runners, iab plate, gutted iab plate, and h23 plenum to Jeff @ CHRRacingProducts.com for p&p.

I also ordered some more parts from Majestic Honda (hondaautomotiveparts.com), a new FITV for my h23 throttle body (since all the junkyards i went to, will only sell it with a throttle body) . I really wish I would have noticed before it was too late. I also ordered 3 new gaskets for between the runners -spacer-iab plate-plenum.

I also called Bisimoto, and a very pleasant, and easy to understand woman answered and took my order for one of his Heat Sheilding Intake Gaskets. I also saved $4 in shipping by calling instead of ordering online!

When Jeff gets done with reworking my intake manifold, and I have recieved the rest of the parts I just ordered, my a6 conversion will take place afterwards, which should happen in the first week April after I get my next check.

I'll post pictures of everything ordered as it is recieved!

Comment

looking good man keep it up, what are you planning on doing susp. wise?

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
                        looking good man keep it up, what are you planning on doing susp. wise?
                        Well my stock suspension is still holding up no matter how much it gets beaten by the crappy roads here in houston! So there is no need for it at the moment.

As for my future suspension plans, I will be purchasing these

For right now stock suspension for stock like power. My head and exhaust are still big restrictions. I am doing the a6 conversion in combination with a timing belt job, in order to save on labor. Plus any future modifications to the head or exhaust will provide more substantial gains. Do it once, and do it right.

As for the order of everything? Suspension is next, then exhaust, and when/if my headgasket starts to go I will send the a6 head I have out for p&p to Jeff @ CHRRacing. Send my a1 camshaft to bisi for a level 2 n/a regrind, and purchase pro springs, teflon exhaust rocker spacers, no-slip cam gear, and header.
                        Last edited by cloudasc; 03-16-2009, 08:35 PM.

Comment

sounds like a good plan cant wait to see it start to come together, and i know how you feel about the roads down there they are horrid!! and worse yet i will be driving down there this weekend to bueamont for the 1st time in my new set-up which is way stiffer and hates bumps, and that is all those streets are pot hold patched street with 2' drops, its fucking retarded!!!

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
                            sounds like a good plan cant wait to see it start to come together, and i know how you feel about the roads down there they are horrid!! and worse yet i will be driving down there this weekend to bueamont for the 1st time in my new set-up which is way stiffer and hates bumps, and that is all those streets are pot hold patched street with 2' drops, its fucking retarded!!!
                            Dam, makes you wish someone made skid plates for our cars. Also the construction companies like to put down fresh pavement, then tear it up to run water/sewage/electrical/cable/data etc, each time paving over it and ripping it up again.

That is a decent drive from where you at, so whats taking you to beaumont?

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
                              Dam, makes you wish someone made skid plates for our cars. Also the construction companies like to put down fresh pavement, then tear it up to run water/sewage/electrical/cable/data etc, each time paving over it and ripping it up again.

That is a decent drive from where you at, so whats taking you to beaumont?
                              my gf has family down there so we go visit every 3-4 months. its an easy drive and better now i got my radar detector, but driving for hours upon hours just isnt my thing but there are tons of empty back road were they arent any cops and since its by the shore its all very flat and straight with wide open corners never have to let off its great

Comment

There is nothing like cruising alongside a water feature, and winding through curvy mountain roads, makes me miss Washington. Texas is rather flat. Also lengthy car rides are a pain in the ass (literally), thats why I averaged 80-90 mph all the way from seattle to houston in less then 48 hours, by myself with only stopping for gas, restrooms, and food, and I slept for 8 hours a little more then halfway through the trip. 2500 miles in 36 hours, and there were construction detours, and rush hour traffic. I also got 2 speeding tickets, one leaving washington, and one in kansas both for doing over 90 or over in 70mph zones.

Comment

Working...
                                X