cloudasc : 1991 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drumroll Please...

Well today I checked the mail, and a Manila Envelope from Bisimoto Engineering I open it up and what do I find?

Heat Shielding Intake Gasket:

Two Bisimoto Stickers:

Bisimoto License Plate Holder:

Autographed Bisimoto Insight Flyer Front:

Autographed Bisimoto Insight Flyer Back:

Closeup of Nutrition Facts:

A piece of history FRAMED:

I felt like a little kid at christmas with all these extras! Thanks Bisimoto
    PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Autometer Gauges Arrive!

Well I went outside, and found a box sitting by my front door. Jegs on the side of the box.

I open it up and this is what I find:

Oil Pressure, Water Temp, & Voltage Gauge:

Oil Temp Gauge:

Comment

Jeff @ CHR Racing Products

Well I just heard back from Jeff @ CHR, and he has started work on my intake manifold, and he sent me some pictures so far plus stock benchmark:

Oh btw, thats an a6 lower manifold "runners", and h23 upper manifold "plenum", and throttle body, the blank iab spacer isn't installed yet either.
        Last edited by cloudasc; 03-22-2009, 10:15 PM.

Comment

I ordered some Autometer gauges, and I talked with my mechanic and looked at an f22a1 that he had sitting in the back of his shop. On the back of the block there are several plugs, one leading to the oil passage in the block with a M20x1.5 thread pitch, the coolant passage uses an M18x1.0. I have talked to several machine shops already, thats how I was able to get the measurements. The temperature senders that came with the gauges are 1/8" NPT.

What I was thinking is finding a hex bolt (or any wrenchable type) the proper size & threading all the way up to the head of the bolt, then tap it with 1/8" NPT for the temperature sender. Now my problem is, I can't find any M18x1.0 bolts to tap.

Here are some pictures in case you are having a hard time visualizing:

Left M18x1.0 (Coolant)/ Right M20x1.5 (Oil)

Various NPT Adapters

Left M18x1.0 (Coolant)/ Right M20x1.5 (Oil)

Various NPT Adapters

1/8" Tapered NPT Electric Temperature Senders

This how the 1/8" NPT fits into an adapter

Anyone know of a place I can purchase the M18x1.0 bolt? Length is unimportant. Otherwise I am looking at doing the following:

For the M18x1.0 I might just have to tap the plug, and once the original plug goes back in, it will be difficult to get back out, and the sensor will have be "the new plug". The M20x1.5 plug can't be tapped because the wrench hole is too large and the sensor would go too deep if tapped. The M20x1.5 Bolt is easier to aquire and shouldn't be so hard aquire and then tap.

Comparison

Also would anyone be interested in these for their cars? Also what other blocks would these plugs work with? I'll post pictures as soon as I figure something out.

Comment

FITV & Gaskets Arrive from Majestic Honda

I just recieved another package from Majestic Honda today, and here is what was inside:

FITV (1x):

FITV Bolts (3x) & Bracket (1x):

Intake Manifold Gaskets (3x):

If you ever go to the junkyard and you get a h22/h23 plenum & throttle body make sure the fitv is on the throttle body if you don't intend on bypassing it, because the a1/a6 FITV is not the same.

I have been in contact with Jeff @ CHR, and my intake manifold is nearing completion, and will be getting shipped back soon. Once it returns its getting a powder coating, along with the valve cover. The the car will go into the shop for a timing belt job and a a6 conversion (which includes the oil cooler & windage tray upgrade to fix a bad oil pan gasket) at the same time.

Comment

CHR P&P Intake Manifold

Here are the latest pictures, he has pretty much finished work on the runners, and has them flowing within +-5 cfm between each runner. He plans on finishing up work on the plenum shortly. Anyways here are the pictures:

Comment

Well I decided to try and take pictures at a nearby waterfeature, and well here is the result...

Last edited by cloudasc; 04-02-2009, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
                  Well I decided to try and take pictures at a nearby waterfeature, and well here is the result...

looks great man. i remember when my car looked like that lol. looking forward to seeing that p&p job finished and ready to go. also see how the gains fell from it.

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

Reply & Hybrid Intake Flow Rates

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
                    looks great man. i remember when my car looked like that lol. looking forward to seeing that p&p job finished and ready to go. also see how the gains fell from it.
                    Hey your car will be back on the road, and even better looking then mine with an all new paint job! Only thing I can do to make it even more mirror like would be to get a dual action polisher. I washed it with dish soap to remove all old wax, then I dried it with a microfiber cloth, bricked it with meguars & quick detailer, then elbow grease polished everything but the passenger side & bumpers with scratch-x. Then I sealed with with meguars next generation 2.0 tech wax.

On another note I heard back from Jeff @ CHR, and the flow numbers for the manifold are:
                    #1 #2 #3 #4
                    Butterflies open 290 290 295 300 CFM
                    Butterflies closed 263 262 260 265 CFM

If you were able to gut the butterflies you could see 20-30cfm more if I am correct. I am not sure if a larger throttle body would really make much of difference in flow rates either. These numbers should be perfect for the flow rates of my future modified head. Seriously oversized valves is about the only reason I can think of that would require a higher flowing intake than this setup.

Comment

Block Sensor Fittings!

Well I ended up tapping the block plugs for 1/8" NPT. Now I am ready to wire up my gauges. Here are the pictures of the block fittings with the sensors in them:

I already have had these fittings checked for sensor clearance on another f22a1 block and I am good to go. The sensors will be in the block oil & coolant drain plugs on the back of the block; the coolant sensor is right next the #4 sleeve. Oil temp sensor is between #2 & #3 approximately.

Comment

I just heard back from Jeff @ CHR, and he has completed the work on my manifold, and he took some final pictures, before he boxed it back up, and will be sending it back tomorrow, and I should see it by the end of the week.

Here are the final photos he took before boxing it all up:

Hybrid Intake:

A6 Runners w/Flow Numbers:

Plugged gutted IAB spacer:

H23 Plenum

Comment

thanx for the pic man..realy brought me back!
                          glad to see your radiator is fixed tooo...

man i cant wait to get my h23 finished!
                          you should see it
                          MadLab Racing
                          Southern Maryland

Comment

What did you say about my radiator back then? "Pissing worse then a...drunk racehorse?" lol. I really look forward to seeing your boosted h23 when its finished.
                            Last edited by cloudasc; 04-06-2009, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Well I recently had o2 sensor from hell, car kept stumbling randomly, at different loads, when the car was semi cold, it would do it at 30mph, after it was warmed up for a while, it started doing it at 55, then 75, then 30, 2k-3k rpms. Thought it could be EGR, unplugged it, still persisted, unplugged o2 and fixed it. Anyways I took pictures of the old o2 sensor, and something I noticed after I took off my heat shield. The notorious casting flaw! I thought my car was pretty loud when I started it in the morning, well theres why. Also I had a 2ft hydrolic cable made with 1/8" NPT for my oil pressure sending unit for my oil pressure gauge, and also to retain the factory oil pressure warning sender.

Here are the pictures of everything:

Oh that hydrolic hose is sitting on my intake manifold which I just recieved back today

Comment

I enjoyed reading yoru extensive write up on mods and things...and you are making good progress* The ride is clean, and I really like what you've done so far with your masterpiece...

Looking good bro!
                                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...06#post1675306 <~My Ride*
                                1991 Satin Silver 2dr EX (sold to RonRon) Project car*

~CBSleepy~

Comment

Working...
                                X