cloudasc : 1991 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Justin Patton View Post
    I enjoyed reading yoru extensive write up on mods and things...and you are making good progress* The ride is clean, and I really like what you've done so far with your masterpiece...

Looking good bro!
    Thank you very much, It is by far the nicest car i've had out of all the 15+ year automobiles i've aquired. I had two rx7's before this, and this car is as light, and just as fast as they were, plus there is a huge trunk to fit like 4 dead bodies in, and a backseat that even i can sit comfortably in the back, with the front seats all the way back. I appreciate the time you took to stop by, keep checking back, there is still more to come! bwahahaha

Here are some pictures of the back of the block where those tapped plugs sit for my temperature senders:
    Oil Temp Sensor Located Below the Filter (Below)

Coolant Temp Sensor located farther up the block to the right of the Oil Filter (Below)

Yes I know my oil pan gasket is bad, part of the reason i aquired the windage tray and oil cooler. If you gotta fix something upgrade!

Also all the oil and coolant you see is just leftover from the sensor install. The filter was removed before the oil drain plug tapped for the sensor was installed. The coolant sensor is right in the water jacket.
    PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Cant wait to see the minty fogs installed ! I have my harness in, I still need to clean the fogs and install them and of course wait for my JDM one-pieces

Formerly know as accord-racing Jan 06 - Dec 07
      BOUGHT FROM: cb95spd, lildeez07, L3G10N, JARHEAD293, True-BlueCB7, Boost_Lee, djcaz_aom, zmiennik
      SOLD TO: treyd82, Sneakerhead28, BoxMan, civic_90_08, greenmachine9, baracuda, zmiennik

Comment

Foggies!

Originally posted by cb7addict View Post
        Cant wait to see the minty fogs installed ! I have my harness in, I still need to clean the fogs and install them and of course wait for my JDM one-pieces
        Hehe, thanks, I just got the fogs like an hour ago, took some pictures of them in my possession, heres to some clean Stanley fogs! Thanks lildeez08

Passenger Side Fog (below)

Driver Side Fog (below)

Back of Fogs (below)

Harness C (below)

Harness B (below)

Harness A (below)

Foglight Switch (below)

I just need to pick up the bolts for the double-stack, and I will be throwing everything I planned so far in. Wish me luck, as the car is going under the knife (wrench) tomorrow! Should have plenty of pictures for you all tomorrow too!

Comment

Thats awesome bro! Mine are perfect except for tabs on the one side are broke off. Cant wait to see yours installed
          Last edited by Jarrett; 11-17-2012, 01:40 PM.

BOUGHT FROM: cb95spd, lildeez07, L3G10N, JARHEAD293, True-BlueCB7, Boost_Lee, djcaz_aom, zmiennik
          SOLD TO: treyd82, Sneakerhead28, BoxMan, civic_90_08, greenmachine9, baracuda, zmiennik

Comment

Motor Dropped! Who needs a cherry picker?

Thats awesome bro! Mine are perfect except for tabs on the one side are broke off. Cant wait to see yours installed

Ya these are pretty nice, only missing two screws for the bracket/lamp. I should have pictures tomorrow, that is when it should be done.

Well my car is in the shop, and the mechanics decided it would be easier to just "drop" the motor, no cherry picker involved, then to try and do all the work necessary while its still in the car. So thats what they did today before closing up shop, they dropped the motor.

Here is some photos of the current progress to have the following installed:
            1. Timing Belt Job
            2. Oil Pan Gasket
            3. Windage Tray
            4. Oil Cooler
            5. Rear Main Seal (motor dropped, so why the hell not)
            6. a6 cam
            7. pt6
            8. Dual Runner hybrid double-stacked p&p intake manifold
            9. Bisimoto Heat Shield Gasket
            10. Unorthodox Stock Diameter Crank & PS Pulleys
            11. Stanley 90-91 Fogs
            12. Top Secret Bonus

I also found out that my "new" compressor already has a leak from the nose. So they are going to track down a good compressor to replace the apparently from autozone compressor; it may be leaking but its still working good, ice cold as ever.
            Last edited by cloudasc; 06-11-2009, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Here are some more teaser pictures taken in the shop...

Comment

Lookin good, still waiting for my stuff to come in the mail :/

Comment

are u droppin the same engine in the car?

Comment

damn dude mad progress! keep it up looks like a very nice coupe.
                    Accord SE

93se
                    Members Ride
                    Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
                    Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

Comment

Originally posted by esskater892 View Post
                      damn dude mad progress! keep it up looks like a very nice coupe.
                      Thank you very much, been saving up stuff for the last couple months, car was due for a timing belt job, and needed an oil pan gasket, and the egr ports are clogged, so why not upgrade. Oh and there will be plenty of new seals all around.

Originally posted by johnnyblaze2g View Post
                      are u droppin the same engine in the car?
                      Its going to be more like dropping the car around the same engine, technically its the same engine, but its more like an a6 swap with a modified intake + goodies. I have complete service records on this motor for the last 60k+ miles and still runs strong

Lookin good, still waiting for my stuff to come in the mail :/
                      Where are your jdm one pieces shipping from? Hope its nowhere that takes 3 months for it to arrive. I've heard some horror stories about getting things shipped from japan.

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
                        Where are your jdm one pieces shipping from? Hope its nowhere that takes 3 months for it to arrive. I've heard some horror stories about getting things shipped from japan.
                        Canada. I guess his GF was supposed to send them and she forgot so he just sent them, hopefully I will have them in a week or so. My edm rear fog is coming too but it will be about 2 weeks prolly.

Comment

Canada. I guess his GF was supposed to send them and she forgot so he just sent them, hopefully I will have them in a week or so. My edm rear fog is coming too but it will be about 2 weeks prolly.
                          That cool, canada isn't that far away, and the postal system is good, so you should have no problems. I'm almost tempted to get an edm rear fog, just so that when @$$h0l3s tailgate me, flip that b1tch on and make them like ... i love my car too much to pull a brake check, and last thing I want to do is add some road rage to the mix; i'll just use my other foot to press the brake pedal just enough to turn on the brake lights, while the other foot is on the accellerator, and that usually works well enough but the rear fog would could be fun with an hid kit wired to it

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
                            That cool, canada isn't that far away, and the postal system is good, so you should have no problems. I'm almost tempted to get an edm rear fog, just so that when @$$h0l3s tailgate me, flip that b1tch on and make them like ... i love my car too much to pull a brake check, and last thing I want to do is add some road rage to the mix; i'll just use my other foot to press the brake pedal just enough to turn on the brake lights, while the other foot is on the accellerator, and that usually works well enough but the rear fog would could be fun with an hid kit wired to it
                            I only got the rear fog, reason is because I dont have a slot to put a switch for the rear fog idk I may try something besides just hooking it up to the tail lights.

Comment

I only got the rear fog, reason is because I dont have a slot to put a switch for the rear fog idk I may try something besides just hooking it up to the tail lights.
                              I wonder if the center console from a civic over the ebrake could be modified to fit, since they have spots for like 4 switches. Or you could just connect it to the front fogs. Oh did you get a relay to run the rear fog?

Anyways my car is out of the shop, and it runs and sounds totally different. It sounds mean, and pulls alot harder now. Right now I am having an idle problem while in gear, I believe its the iacv, I didn't know that your supposed to take off the rubber seal, then remove the screen and spray it with carb cleaner. Instead I sprayed the carb cleaner inside the iacv. So tomorrow morning, I'm going to be swapping on my a1 intake iacv, and hopefully that will stop the high idle / fluctuating idle when in gear and at a stop. Anyways here are some more pictures, sorry again about the camera phone, tomorrow i'll be using 6 megapixal olympus to get some nice clear photos for everyone.

Last edited by cloudasc; 04-18-2009, 01:16 AM.

Comment

Here are some pictures I took today with a 6.0 Megapixel Olympus:

Exterior Shots:

Interior Shots:

Under Hood Shots:

Double-Stack (below)

Oil Pressure Senders (Below)

Bisimoto Heat Shielding Intake Manifold Gasket (Below)
                                Last edited by cloudasc; 04-18-2009, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X