aleks77 : 1991 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aleks77 View Post
    I never re-torqued my arp head studs so that might have been the problem, the head was lifting under boost a bit. Im not sure what else could cause it
    that might have been the problem, its easy to retorque the sohc you dont have to take out the timing belt and stuff unlike the DOHCs.
    hope u fix the problem bro.

Comment

I never re-torqued my arp head studs so that might have been the problem, the head was lifting under boost a bit. Im not sure what else could cause it
      well that sucks. i keep hearing all these horror stories of the head gaskets going bad because the head lifting under boost. lol. but hey. your making it look good. are you using OEM head studs or aftermarket?

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
        well that sucks. i keep hearing all these horror stories of the head gaskets going bad because the head lifting under boost. lol. but hey. your making it look good. are you using OEM head studs or aftermarket?

Aleks I am loving the stance of your car with the low offset and wide wheels, keep it going!
        Last edited by 90ACCORDLXGUY; 07-10-2009, 03:01 PM.

Instagram: n_buttz

The Jeepster ____ The CB7 ____ The TE38 ____ The S13

Comment

Found out last week 4 exhaust valves are bent, so had to order them from Ferrea and they are custom order so i have to wait 2 weeks before they are shipped Car will be off the road for a bit, but when its back it should drive a lot better, ill keep you guys posted!
          1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Member's Ride Page | Video of my CB7, Open Downpipe peelout

Comment

uhm. how did they get bent?

Comment

Is the head ported at all? *just looked at the first page, and it says minor. ugh, i hate it when people say "minor". post some detail pics of your ports.
              Last edited by d112crzy; 07-20-2009, 01:42 AM.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Seeing your sig picture just put a big smile on my face.

Looks good, real good.

Comment

Loving your front end and your new stance. Both looks aggressive yet clean Makes me wanna go turbo and have a big fat intercooler for my front bumper .

Keep up the good progress dawg
                  "PREPARE for the WORSE, Hope for the BEST" B.T.N.H.

Comment

Thanks Kam, thanks guys! The whole car is going carbon black, all the inners inc engine bay too!

I took the head off couple days ago, the headgasket is not blown or cracked, all it was was like a small smudge on it, and same on the head, on #4 cyl. You can see where combustion met the coolant. Ill post some pics later, the head is at the machine shop getting milled, new valve seals, and all cleaned up and pressure tested. Hope to have the car together this weekend!
                    Keep us posted on the carbon black paint job. that will definitely be interesting.
                    600HP" 1990 ACCORD LX COUPE COMING SOON

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY 1990 CB7

Comment

Car looks awsome

Real Men Get Blown

Comment

finally got the valves, dropped them off at the machine shop, hopefully have the car running by the weekend Cant wait miss driving it. Also gonna put in the seal retainer that commonly walks out on our cb7s.
                        1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Comment

Should have the car running tommorow! Got the head on today, assembled the valvetrain, now just gotta put on the freshly painted intake manifold, timing belt, all the small stuff. Hope to make it to the track aug 7th.

Comment

sweet mang...ya I know what ya mean...
                            drove my boost for like 3 days then new clutch time...

should be on the road tomorrow as well.
                            sounds like we will be some driving fools!!!
                            MadLab Racing
                            Southern Maryland

Comment

it looks buff

^^^ Please "Like" & Follow!^^^

IG - @WerdWerx

1990 Accord EX Coupe - Click Here

Comment

So are you done modifying to motor now? There's A LOT that can be upgraded that will gain you a lot of power, at the same boost level.

Your motors power curve fucking sucks. It loses 100ft/lbs over 2500 rpm....That's a very non efficient motor.
                                Last edited by d112crzy; 08-07-2009, 01:33 AM.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
                                X