No announcement yet.

aleks77 : 1991 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just need to learn to drive lol I wont stop till i hit 12s with street tires and full weight. Ultimate goal for me would be a street car with pump gas that can do 12.5s at 120mph. That would be good, but maybe ill throw some race gas in there and go for more power? heh Thanks for the comments Josh there are quicker CB7s tho and i dont plan to be the fastest
    Last edited by aleks77; 08-11-2009, 03:48 AM.
    1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Member's Ride Page | Video of my CB7, Open Downpipe peelout

Comment

Raise the car and fix your camber.

I doubt you'll get much better than a 2.2 the way your suspension is set up and I doubt you'll hit 12's until you change it. Even if you got more power, you won't be able to get it down to the ground.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

I didnt touch the front camber just the rear, i understand lowering it brings the camber in tho. However i am able to put down full boost in 2nd gear with these tires with just minimal spinning. 1st gear also hooks very well, these are R compound sticky tires, 235 width. I want to leave the car as is and see what i can get with it, down the road i could always raise it, remove more stuff from the car, run slicks, etc. But first i wanna see what it runs as is, as it would as a full street car.
        1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Comment

Of course it hooks, you launched as if you were taking off from a street light.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
            Raise the car and fix your camber.

Comment

Originally posted by J'SR@C3R1_818 View Post
              Being extremely lowered and camber are both worst enemies of going fast in a straight line.

Comment

Shooting for 12's huh? Well Im subscribed lol...
                I want to hit 12's also... Im happy for you man!!!

Comment

Being extremely lowered and camber are both best friends of looking good in a straight line.
                  Fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by J'SR@C3R1_818 View Post
                    Being extremely lowered and camber are both best friends of looking good and going slow in a straight line.
                    fixed again.

Comment

Haha you guys crack me up

I want the car at its current ride height, i love the look, but for the track like i said i will try a couple things to go faster. First tho i wanna see how the current setup does, i still think i can hit 12s with the way she sits now, we'll wait and find out i guess. Thanks for all the support!

Comment

Originally posted by aleks77 View Post
                        Haha you guys crack me up

I want the car at its current ride height, i love the look, but for the track like i said i will try a couple things to go faster. First tho i wanna see how the current setup does, i still think i can hit 12s with the way she sits now, we'll wait and find out i guess. Thanks for all the support!
                        if your that close to 12s and your car looks that good, i wouldnt sweat it man. your as fast, if not faster than most people up here and you car looks hot. haha. dont hit 12s until like 2 year form now. because once you do, you might not want your car anymore. lmao.

Comment

Bad news, the splines of the axle are stuck in the Halfshaft, cant get it out, plus it looks like the teeth on the halfshaft are busted....no track tomorrow guys, gonna have to wait till next time.

Comment

I'm in the same boat, I want to hit 12's too, 13.4 is my best, but I also want to keep my car lowered because of the looks. But at some point it becomes function over form and I'm always looking at ways to improve my 1/4 times. For sure you need some better axles, also I see that you plan on getting a traction bar, that should help and I'm not sure, but what kind of tires are you running at the track?

SOLD!!
                            Boosted H22
                            375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

No need for anything other than OEM axles. If you know how to launch, they'll handle 600whp without issues. I personally know 2 people than put down 500whp+ and have been running OEM axles for years. One of them runs mid 11's.

I'm sure some of your axle issues are due to your axle angles. You sure you didn't mix the drivers side for the passenger side?

Comment

No need for anything other than OEM axles. If you know how to launch, they'll handle 600whp without issues. I personally know 2 people than put down 500whp+ and have been running OEM axles for years. One of them runs mid 11's.

I'm sure some of your axle issues are due to your axle angles. You sure you didn't mix the drivers side for the passenger side?
                                yes, but the man seems to be breaking his oem axles, wouldn't you aire on the side of caution and upgrade them...especially if you are new at racing?

SOLD!!
                                Boosted H22
                                375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Working...
                                X