aleks77 : 1991 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love it!
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::For Sale Thread::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

:::::::::::::::::: S2K::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::: CB7:::::::::::::::: Flickr

Comment

Beautiful pics Aleks. Not bad for first time.
      Your car is looking great. After paint, I see a front cover for HondaTuning next summer!

(pssst I've already put a plug in for you with Rodrez hehehe)

CB3 formerly hondaracer33

Comment

Originally posted by CB3 View Post
        Beautiful pics Aleks. Not bad for first time.
        Your car is looking great. After paint, I see a front cover for HondaTuning next summer!

(pssst I've already put a plug in for you with Rodrez hehehe)
        Thanks buddy What really? you know Rodrez? Thanks a lot!!! That would be my dream come true heh

I have some things coming up this Saturday, and if all goes well i should be back to moding the car full force in January/Feb/March, all new suspension, interior, and ofcorse the paint job
        1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Member's Ride Page | Video of my CB7, Open Downpipe peelout

Comment

Originally posted by aleks77 View Post
          Thanks guys, really appreciate it

The way the rear is in the last pics, with me and a pass, i scrape every single speed bump with the massive (and low) 3" exhaust....so no, not going any lower haha
          I feel you. haha. and btw. You got my vote!
          Patiently Waiting.

MRT

Comment

LOL! No I don't know him personally, but I read HondaTuning every month and check out his stuff on NWP4LIFE sometimes. He wrote an article requesting older stuff like 'Ludes and Accords so I sent him an email with some photos of your car. He really liked it, but said it needed paint. He had already sent his photographer to Canada, so he said likely next year.

Comment

right click, save as
              MR:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150506

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

Hey Aleks.
                Quick question...what would a 17x9 +44 look like on the rear compared to your 17x9.5 +18? I have a sedan with rolled fenders, but do think that it would fit without further fender work? How is your backspace? Not likely eh?
                It seems to me that I would have 3/4" less back space then you and 1.25" less offset.
                Measurements are approximate of course, but with all the time you have spent making yours work, I thought maybe you would know what would work.
                After comparing it to my current set-up, I would have 3/4" less back space as well and only 3mm closer to the fender edge.
                It appears that backspace will be the main concern here.
                Thanks for your help.
                Last edited by CB3; 12-23-2009, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Mike, 17x9" +44 might NOT fit unless you run some spacers...not much spacers, perhaps 3mm to 5mm...When I test-fit my 9" +42 wheel in the rear, the wheel barely touched the trailing arms and the knuckles..

Any higher offset and it would definitely rub...So yes, I'd recommend 3 to 5mm spacers for the rear..Tire size matters as well...With it being that close to the suspension components, you have to watch the size of the tires you're running bro, or else they might rub the trailing arms too..225 MIGHT be pushing it, but 215 tires should be good..

Here's what 9" +42 with 225/45/17 look like in the rear from the outside..

Keep in mind my camber wasn't set properly in that pic, so I think I had about -3.0 camber during the test-fit, if not more..So with proper camber, plus 3-5mm spacers on your 9" +44 setup, it will stick out quite a bit more than the one in my pic...225/45/17 tires might fit without rubbing on the outside, but if you want to be sure, just run 215/40/17 I spent a lot of time making mine work too you know

Hope that helps! And sorry Aleks for the thread jack Just trying to help out a fellow member...But you already know I love your car

Ronald
                  Last edited by Ronald_Type-R; 12-23-2009, 03:06 PM.

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

ah, thanks Ronald! I now you know your shit too , but I was thinking that Aleks' setup was more similar (without spacers) and I wasn't sure if you had any pics without the spacers and flares.

Too much for me. I'll wait for something else to come along. I'd prefer 17x8 anyways.

Comment

Haha dont worry Ronald Ya I would think you need spacers or less offset. Here is a good offset calculator i used when i was trying to decide on the wheels i want, hope it helps!

http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp
                      1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Comment

How's the progress on the car?

Comment

Originally posted by aleks77 View Post
                          Insured the car for a day and took it out for a spin, took some pics, just bought a Canon Rebel T1i (500d). My first SLR and these are some of my first pics, i edited some a bit just playing around with some settings in photoshop. Hopefully i can soon take good pics haha gotta get some tips from Ronald!

sick car ....loving the stance

Real Men Get Blown

Comment

The flat black scheme is ill. I didnt read over your entire thread but are you leaving it the way it is, or is that just prep for paint, or are you gonna turn the entire car flat black?
                            FOR SALE on cb7tuner only for now. Want it in the right hands
                            Pm meX
                            I do swaps in NYC/LI area: Hit me up for a quote.

MY WHIP
                            H22A Swap
                            I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

car is going BMW Carbon Black, same color as engine bay is right now

Made a bit of progress, repaired a rust hole in the pass side 1/4 panel and also flared the 1/4 panel, welded couple beads on to bring the 1/4 down closer to the wheel (same as drivers side). Primed it, will be doing more work soon, however Olympics are in like 2 weeks and i will be crazy busy when they are here. So probably no real updates until March. Traction bars, 2 new tires, and coilovers are coming soon tho! Oh ya also painted a couple brackets in the engine bay, fixed and primed the 2 tailight filler panels, and painted my AVC-R Black, looks much better!

Here is some pics of the bodywork, needs some more work, but the rest of the 1/4 still has dents so will do a bit more to it next time:

Comment

u should just sell that car give it to me for couple of bucks car is ugly i can fix it make it faster to slow
                                1992 Accord Cb7:

Comment

Working...
                                X