Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aleks77
    replied
    Small update, got more parts painted, here is a pic, not pictured is painted sideskirts, which are on now. Next week im gonna tackle the rear bumper/lip and hood! Should be all one color very soon

Leave a comment:

• quickangel93
    replied
    Originally posted by aleks77 View Post
    Thanks Lee! Here is a shot a VW Magazine photographer took on the way back from Honda-tech meet in Kent, WA. Love this pic!

Also a video from the honda-tech meet, shot by one of the guys (Matt) that came with us from Vancouver.

http://vimeo.com/11452636
    1:00 - 1:04 your accords g spot. the front!

Leave a comment:

• Jack_lee
    replied
    can't wait to see the complete car....

Leave a comment:

• lummieCB7
    replied
    Car looks great! Your car makes me wish that I still had my coupe.

Leave a comment:

• ChampCoupe
    replied
    wow, thats fresh

Leave a comment:

• aleks77
    replied
    Thanks for the comments guys

TypeG Im not sure what im gonna start with, i was thinking 1500, then 2000? Maybe ill just start with 2000, would be easier to buff out the scratches. I still suck at polishing lol i gotta figure out a proper way to do it, i keep getting swirls even after i use swirl eliminator

Leave a comment:

• fatboy1185
    replied
    Gat' dang.

Leave a comment:

• 93SM4_CB7
    replied
    Things like this....

The work and detail is just....

Speechless.

Leave a comment:

• [sLow]CB
    replied
    DAM! cant wait too see this cb complete. your the man.

Leave a comment:

• Shadow1
    replied
    those pics make my pants very happy....

Leave a comment:

• TypeG
    replied
    it does look like glass. makes me wonder what it will look like after the wet sand and buff.

what grit are you going to start with 2000? later.

Leave a comment:

• CB3
    replied
    Damn bro!

Leave a comment:

• Joshy
    replied
    Absolutely stunning. I'm impressed with your attention to detail. I cannot wait to see the car fully assembled!

Leave a comment:

• aleks77
    replied
    Alright well its gonna take a couple weeks for me to get all the parts back on the car, so i wont keep you waiting, here are some pics of the paint I just gotta do the bumpers/sideskirts, mirrors, mouldings, and im picking up a 92/93 trunk and also a carbon fibre hood. Enjoy the pix!

The roof i painted seperate, i like doing this because it lets me focus on the one panel, i dont have to run around the car, and climp up and down, and chase the clear around. After the roof was sprayed, waiting 20 minutes air dry, then bake for 40 minutes. Masked it off without putting tape on the fresh paint (taped to the rain channels).

Base

The doors came out awesome, flat as can be. I will wetsand/polish the entire car down the road to get rid of any orange peel/dust.

All brand new OEM hinges

Outside

The clear used was Standox Premium Clear, with their slowest hardner. I have never seen a better clear, the depth is just awesome, the paint looks like glass.

Stay tuned, will post more pics of the progress, bumpers need a good amount of bodywork still.

Leave a comment:

• Maple50175
    replied
    im lovin it

Leave a comment:

Working...
X