- Performance Air Filter
    - Complete Performance Exhaust System

Exterior:

- New Headlight Assemblies
    - eBay Clear Corner Lights
    - eBay Clear Bumper Lights
    - 2008 Stock PaintJob
    - Painted door and bumper moldings to match the car color
    - Painted "stock" bumper lips and skirts flat black.
    - Customized Original 1990-1991 Grill
    - Shaved Accord & EX Badges
    - Painted Honda (H) Trunk Lid Logo Black

Interior:

- In an amazing shape

Supension/Wheels:

- Stock

Audio/Electronics:

- JVC KD-G430 MP3 Player

Future Plans:

Engine:

- H22A4 DOHC VTEC 200HP Honda Prelude Engine
    - Japanese LSD Prelude Transmission

Exterior:

- Blackhoused Headlights/Yellow HighBeams

Interior:

- Blue Dash Light Conversion

Supension/Wheels:

- Koni Yellows with GroundControl Coilovers or Tein SS-Ps
    - Black rims with chromed lip (Probably Enkei Evo 6)

Audio/Electronics:

- The best you can get.

The Story:

I fell in love with the 1990-1993 Accord ever seen I bought my first a month before I got my license in February 2007. It was white 2 doors 1990 Accord DX. It was a little rusty but ran almost like new with its 300 000KMs. I loved it but since it was my first car I thought there was much better. That's when I sold it and decided to purchase a 1996 Honda Accord LX. I had it for about 2 weeks and quickly realized that the 1990 Accord was much more comfortable, better looking and more powerful. That's when I I decided to sell it and look for a rust free CB. Not being able to find one, I needed a car fast and bought the worst piece of shit ever. A 1997 Pontiac GrandAM. It was good looking, but cheap and the transmission's reverse gear was fucked up which I didn't notice when I bought it. Frustrated, I got the manual transmission changed and sold it. That's when I desperately started wanting a rust free CB. Looking around for weeks I couldn't find one. Here in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, our rough winters kill cars if people don't take care of them. The salt they put on the ground so that it's less slippery simply kills metal. Not being able to find one I bought a 1992 DX 4 doors that was in a decent condition. After owning it a few weeks I found my dream car when surfing on eBay. It was a 1991 Honda Accord EX, 2 doors. manual from Florida. At the end of the week I was on my way there with my dad and 2 friends. We drove 2300KMs there within 24 - 30 hours and then 2300KMs back with 2 cars. All that for an old rust free car. I didn't even know if it would last the trip but I took a chance. It didn't even have a proper license plate on. I just had a temporary expired one and since it was Saturday, all offices were closed. I took another chances and drove back with the temporary license plate in the window to fool the eyes around. I even got pulled over once but thank god the craziest thing happened when a car braked down at an astonishing speed and stopped right next to the cop car and immediately drove away just as fast as it stopped because some other car seemed to be following him. Maybe that other guy was about to kill him who knows? Anyway. Lucky me they let us go and the car made it home. It has costed me about 900$ of gas for both cars together and then another few hundred dollars to get it to pass the inspection. Because of that I'm broke and couldn't start modifications till this summer. I had to get rid of all the stupid mods the previous owner has made because they were simply stupid except for the DC headers, cold air intake and the muffler. It's been in the garage all winter since there's no way I'll be killing it when I went to far for it. I took it out in spring and got it all repainted this summer since the paint was in a pretty bad shape. It is just starting to look like something and I'm loving it. Be sure that I won't be selling this one and that it will be my ultimate car for the next 5 following years at least and even then if I get another car, I'll keep this one as a souvenir.

My Custom Grill DIY:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=99795

------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Gyuri87; 11-20-2009, 12:06 AM.
    NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

ill pop ur cherry and tell u a+++ on takin that ugly wing off...also where are the engine shots

Backyard Customs
    Originally posted by xprojectcb7x
    why would you think people at auto zone would know what they were talking about?
    Building Fund: $0
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...="0" alt="" /> CLICK IT!!

Comment

Good thing you took that wing off...really looked like you were expecting 10hp from it

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Originally posted by byc_cb7 View Post
        ill pop ur cherry and tell u a+++ on takin that ugly wing off...also where are the engine shots
        I'll post some engine pictures once I cleaned the bay a little

Originally posted by cvc7chris View Post
        Good thing you took that wing off...really looked like you were expecting 10hp from it
        No. It's more like the previous owner was expecting 100HP. The way it is on the first picture is exactly the way it was when I bought it. I didn't put it on.
        NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Comment

the first thing that pops into my head is CLEAN!!! Clean out and Clean in!!! Great job!!! Can I have it!! lol
          Cappuccino Member #9<--- click for thread

^click for MRT^
          CB9 MRT-R.I.P.
          Coupe MRT

Comment

Nicee...that transformation is
            accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
            ....................My New Baby
            SOLD TO
            ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Originally posted by accordtypeR
              gotta agree with my twin...

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by lilb_1979 View Post
                the first thing that pops into my head is CLEAN!!! Clean out and Clean in!!! Great job!!! Can I have it!! lol
                Haha thanks and to answer your question... NO! WAY!

I just wrote the story, read it and you will see it's clear that I am never going to be selling it. At least not for a long time. I didn't drive down to Florida for it to then give it away and besides your car looks pretty clean too.
                NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Comment

Originally posted by accordtypeR View Post
                  Originally posted by CB7_ACCORD View Post
                  gotta agree with my twin...
                  Thanks guys. The project has only just started. Hopefully by the beginning of next year I could afford suspensions and perhaps by summer a set of rims. The OEM wing is also to be installed soon after it's repaired and repainted.
                  NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Comment

get a pics of the engine bay up...

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

get a pics of the engine bay up...
                      Soon... Very soon. I need to make it look just as clean as the rest of my car. I have a old picture which is pretty much representing what it looks like now but I rather take a few shots just to match with the dates. I'll wash it on Tuesday or maybe tomorrow if I get the chance too but tomorrow I planned sleeping in since I can for one and then get to the body shop to buff the sticky stuff off my windows. I'm in a really crazy cleaning session if you want to call it that. Since I got it painted it didn't just want it to look clean from the outside but from the inside too. Lucky me the interior was almost like new already. Anyway. See Monday or Tuesday.
                      NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Comment

Originally posted by Gyuri87 View Post
                        Soon... Very soon. I need to make it look just as clean as the rest of my car. I have a old picture which is pretty much representing what it looks like now but I rather take a few shots just to match with the dates. I'll wash it on Tuesday or maybe tomorrow if I get the chance too but tomorrow I planned sleeping in since I can for one and then get to the body shop to buff the sticky stuff off my windows. I'm in a really crazy cleaning session if you want to call it that. Since I got it painted it didn't just want it to look clean from the outside but from the inside too. Lucky me the interior was almost like new already. Anyway. See Monday or Tuesday.
                        ok first thing is first!! welcome welcome is all i have to say... also I am glad you took the wing off!!! lol paint is clean as well... def lookin good... and my car didnt come from florida I wish!!! lol it came all the way from south dakota... by you actually!! lol but yeah hardley any cars down here even get rust which is a great thing yuh kno... but yeh keep it up and keep us updated... as well I just updated my MR so chek it out!! l8rr

Comment

car looks way better with the wing off go0d thing you took it off
                          I Miss My Cb7!

Comment

Originally posted by Gyuri870
                            that is true.....
                            Oh wait, its MONDAY

Comment

Originally posted by *JDM_CB7* View Post
                              ok first thing is first!! welcome welcome is all i have to say... also I am glad you took the wing off!!! lol paint is clean as well... def lookin good... and my car didnt come from florida I wish!!! lol it came all the way from south dakota... by you actually!! lol but yeah hardley any cars down here even get rust which is a great thing yuh kno... but yeh keep it up and keep us updated... as well I just updated my MR so chek it out!! l8rr
                              Yes well I'm a very hard person. It was a a 2 doors, rust free, manual CB or nothing! I know not a lot of people would do this for an old car but I just love it what do you want. They didn't even believe us at the border. They were like... wait what? You're going all the way down to Florida just to pick up a 91 Accord and spent an incredible sum on gas? Well yes actually. Anyway thanks for the comment, I'll sure keep you guys updated, and I'll definitely comment on yours.

P.s I'm not new no need to welcome me

I just erased my old MR thread and made a better one.

Originally posted by USDM_CB7 View Post
                              car looks way better with the wing off go0d thing you took it off
                              I think I have to edit my MR post and specify that on the first picture it's exactly the way it way it was when I bought it. Untouched. I really couldn't stand it. Same for the wheels and so many other things.

Things I've removed:

- Wing

- Ugly fogs

- Changed the front bumper because to install the fogs they cut the grill and on top of that they did it all uneven.

- Removed an ugly pink Momo steering wheel that had no horn or cruise control connected to it.

- I also removed the whole suspension set because the shocks were blown. The idiot got installed "Sprint" lowering springs on the original shocks. I got rid of it all and now I'm stock with a set of stock suspensions from the yard.

- Removed the ugly. heavy, chromed wheels that had different tires on each of them, all worn out.

- I also removed an ugly cylinder like shifter since the original one is so much better looking than anything after market I see out there.

that is true.....
                              Oh wait, its MONDAY
                              Lol. I know, I thought I would wash it Sunday but I didn't have time and then I said if it's not Monday, take a look Tuesday but now I don't even think I'll have them tomorrow because I was called in for work

Anyway, I'll let you know
                              NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Comment

Working...
                              X