X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wherm
    replied
    Originally posted by hondamikk View Post
    just read your vigor fit thread. dude, that is a ton of work. you said you work in a bodyshop yeah? i imagine that helps quite a bit. you already know what you're doing beyond what the average joe knows.

another question tho, what shifter console is that and how did you fit it in the cb? little things like that set your car apart from the pack as much as the big things.

and how goes the dash swap? it's almost warm enough to pull her out of the shop and drive for a while. is it gonna be ready in time?

again, mad mad props on the work of art you have there!!!

Yes, I work in a body shop. I am a body technician, only do paintwork on my own stuff, not customer cars. We have two painters that take care of all of that.

The console is a bb6 and came out of the same car my dash was removed from. If you look through my dash swap thread there are pictures that show what I did to install it.

The interior is coming along slowly, but will be ready by April sometime.

Leave a comment:

• hondamikk
    replied
    just read your vigor fit thread. dude, that is a ton of work. you said you work in a bodyshop yeah? i imagine that helps quite a bit. you already know what you're doing beyond what the average joe knows.

another question tho, what shifter console is that and how did you fit it in the cb? little things like that set your car apart from the pack as much as the big things.

and how goes the dash swap? it's almost warm enough to pull her out of the shop and drive for a while. is it gonna be ready in time?

again, mad mad props on the work of art you have there!!!

Leave a comment:

• wherm
    replied
    Originally posted by hondamikk View Post
    so i read the whole thing. all 11 pages. dude, your car is sick!!!! that's a major source of inspiration for us cb owners.

i do have one question tho, i don't have a body shop to work in (lol) so if i were to do the cc2 light conversion, how would i acquire a grill to set in there and not look absolutely horrid?
    People with the cc2 swap have all made their own grilles. I made mine out of fiberglass, others made theirs out of metal mesh. Just gotta get creative.

Leave a comment:

• hondamikk
    replied
    so i read the whole thing. all 11 pages. dude, your car is sick!!!! that's a major source of inspiration for us cb owners.

i do have one question tho, i don't have a body shop to work in (lol) so if i were to do the cc2 light conversion, how would i acquire a grill to set in there and not look absolutely horrid?

Leave a comment:

• journeyman846
    replied
    OOOOOoooooohhh! Your car is amazing!!!

Leave a comment:

• wherm
    replied
    Originally posted by HappyGilmoreX View Post
    I have a question about your headlight swap. When you did the swap did you have issues with the housings not matching up at all and what custom fabbing did you have to get the to work properly? If you haven't seen I am doing a JDM legend headlight swap on mine, I have been told you are a good resource for information.

Thanks in Advance
    without modding the fenders, they line up to the corner lamp opening decently, not perfect, but close enough. However, without modding the fenders they headlights stick out past the front of the hood a little and I didn't like that at all. I trimmed my corner lamp openings on the fenders back about 3/4" or so to set the lights back deeper. The worst part by far is trimming the hood. As far as the core support goes, just trim little by little till they fit. There's a thread on here that I made called Wherm's Vigor Headlight Swap or something like that that i think has a bunch of pics.

Leave a comment:

• HappyGilmore
    replied
    I have a question about your headlight swap. When you did the swap did you have issues with the housings not matching up at all and what custom fabbing did you have to get the to work properly? If you haven't seen I am doing a JDM legend headlight swap on mine, I have been told you are a good resource for information.

Thanks in Advance

Leave a comment:

• project_kcord
    replied
    this car is rediculiuosly nice and well thought out build. i hate it with a passion truely. i'm jealouse, i like body kits and nice lips.

Leave a comment:

• wherm
    replied
    Headliner is done! I have a few pics of it in my BB6 dash swap thread.

Leave a comment:

• wherm
    replied
    Definately excited about the finished product! I started getting my driver door panel ready for the suede, so probably be taking that over to my friend's shop next week. I talked to him last week and he was planning to hire his first employee so hopefully that means he can start on my stuff. I told him I want it done by end of March, which really means I want him to get going on it now so he's not rushing to complete it by my deadline you know? I'm looking forward to driving my car in a "not torn apart" condition this year

Leave a comment:

• zack_odom
    replied
    So any big updtes there budd?
    The car is so hot I cant wait to see it finished...Ill bet you cant either lol.

Leave a comment:

• wherm
    replied
    Originally posted by ChampCoupe View Post
    not a fan of body kits, you make it look real good
    Thanks man, I'm not a big fan of kits either believe it or not...Just always loved the way an R33 kit looked on the cb7

Leave a comment:

• ChampCoupe
    replied
    not a fan of body kits, you make it look real good

Leave a comment:

• Ander
    replied
    Originally posted by hotboxnaccord View Post
    id love u to meet u wi guys maybe early spring we will have an spring meet for us il/wi guys i seen some nice cb7 outta wi
    Hell yeah! Definitely sounds like a plan.

Leave a comment:

• hotboxnaccord
    replied
    Originally posted by Ander View Post
    If you do wanna go to an IL meet, lemme know man. A bunch of us WI guys could roll down together.
    id love u to meet u wi guys maybe early spring we will have an spring meet for us il/wi guys i seen some nice cb7 outta wi

Leave a comment:

Working...
X