X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wherm
    replied
    Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
    i was just about to ask you how the new set up felt. everyone seems to like the new 4pt strut bars. along with the traction bars. does it really help with acceleration?
    I would say there's that split second less hesitation cause there's a solid torque mount instead of the sloppy rubber one. Like a better throttle response cause you're not waiting for the engine to twist. Also, I dumped the clutch in the parking lot after I installed it and it was so smooth. One tire fire like crazy, but smooth, no shaking or wheel hop like I used to get.

Only negative thing I can come up with, and it's not a big deal, but because of the torque mount the car shakes more from the vibration of the engine. That's normal though with stiffer mounts.

Leave a comment:

• Shadow1
    replied
    Originally posted by wherm View Post
    The 4 pt looks huge...and in a way, yes it is. However, it really doesn't eat up a ton of trunk space. I can still fit quite a bit of stuff in my trunk if I want to. I'll tell you what though, I can really tell that those strut bars help. I can also feel a difference with the traction bar, even though I don't have crazy amounts of hp and tq. It makes the car feel more solid, and seems to help the clutch engage smoother. Money well spent IMO.
    i was just about to ask you how the new set up felt. everyone seems to like the new 4pt strut bars. along with the traction bars. does it really help with acceleration?

Leave a comment:

• wherm
    replied
    The 4 pt looks huge...and in a way, yes it is. However, it really doesn't eat up a ton of trunk space. I can still fit quite a bit of stuff in my trunk if I want to. I'll tell you what though, I can really tell that those strut bars help. I can also feel a difference with the traction bar, even though I don't have crazy amounts of hp and tq. It makes the car feel more solid, and seems to help the clutch engage smoother. Money well spent IMO.

Leave a comment:

• Shadow1
    replied
    dag. looks good and has a few mods for handling. very nice bars look good

Leave a comment:

• wherm
    replied
    Here they are... Front 3pt, traction bar w/ front torque mount, and 4pt rear, finished in black powdercoat. Amazing craftsmanship, couldn't ask for a better product! Many thanks to John at www.ExplicitSpeedPerformance.net.

Last edited by wherm; 08-19-2009, 09:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mozzandherb
    replied
    yes I would love to see that 4pt rear!

Leave a comment:

• wherm
    replied
    Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
    any pics?
    sure. I'll post some up ASAP.

Leave a comment:

• Shadow1
    replied
    any pics?

Leave a comment:

• wherm
    replied
    I finally got my passenger seat bracket!!! Once my current dash project is done, I'll install the other seat. Only took 10 weeks to get it...

I also installed the ESP traction bar today. It's pretty awesome.

Leave a comment:

• wherm
    replied
    Got my 3pt front strut bar, 4pt rear strut bar, and traction bar from www.Explicitspeedperformance.net today. Stuff looks great and I can already feel a difference when I make turns. I don't have the traction bar in yet, but the strut bars are awesome.

Leave a comment:

• wherm
    replied
    Originally posted by dannyd View Post
    Dude that car is looking sexier everyday.... i know you won't stop with the nice unique upgrades. keep it up man..
    Hells no! Speaking of unique upgrades... I was gonna put the guage cluster from the BB6 lude I've got sitting around into my cb, but then I thought, why not put the whole dash in??? So I'm in the planning process of swapping over the entire dashboard. I'll be posting up pics when I get going on that project, but it won't be till after autox ends in a few weeks. Oh, I'm also gonna do my best to swap over the center console and ebrake too.

Leave a comment:

• dannyd
    replied
    Dude that car is looking sexier everyday.... i know you won't stop with the nice unique upgrades. keep it up man..

Leave a comment:

• wherm
    replied
    Originally posted by xkjnboix View Post
    thats from 6th gen euro r right ? personally im not into the bucket seat thing but these look sexy ! !!
    2008 JDM Accord Euro-R CL7

Leave a comment:

• f22bcb7tuner
    replied
    Nice bro love it

Leave a comment:

• xkjnboix
    replied
    thats from 6th gen euro r right ? personally im not into the bucket seat thing but these look sexy ! !!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X