X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raf99
    replied
    Originally posted by SSMAccord View Post
    Be sure to sand in a crosshatch pattern to get a flat surface. Looks like good work so far.
    Yep, i have been. Really really see the advantage of these now. Big improvements vs. using some old wooden block. I bought a roll of 400grit with the adhesive on the back. But very hard to know when to stop with this spoiler. The black was the guide coat here.... but I think I'm going to stop with this maybe as I've been at it for days trying to perfect it.

Ya , digging the outcome on this

Leave a comment:

• SSMAccord
    replied
    Be sure to sand in a crosshatch pattern to get a flat surface. Looks like good work so far.

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    Loving this Dura-Block too! Really makes a difference with showing the bumps and valleys on guide coats. (black was the guide coat).

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    Synchrotech H22 bearing and seal kit install. Get's easier each time doing these transmissions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFgKDc0zDUQ

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    Originally posted by Fleetw00d View Post
    There were some neighborhoods around here that put them in, then wound up with people speeding between them to make up the time it took to go over them. They eventually removed them.
    Ya, got confirmation today that they are installing 3 on my road. The city is going ape shit with these "road calming measures" and just putting speed bumps / tables everywhere. I super pissed as no one advised other neighbours, all it takes is for one person to complain and boom!
    1. The road gets evaludated
    2. They put as many "calming measures" as they want
    3. No regard for lowered cars, trucks with low tow hooks, emergency vehicles, or even just ask if other measures should be considered

I 100% get it and I am not against slowing down motorists. But to not consider others in the community is pretty BS. I'll be sure to slow down and speed to 50kph between each bump. And almost come to a stop on them + lay black marks. In the end I'll end up moving if this does not work with Sally. Fuck.

Leave a comment:

• Fleetw00d
    replied
    There were some neighborhoods around here that put them in, then wound up with people speeding between them to make up the time it took to go over them. They eventually removed them.

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    Uggg. My stupid F'N neighbors called the city and now we are getting speed bumps on my street. Nothing to do with me, I've always done 20kph down the road, I know they all have kids. But UGGgggg! No! "Traffic calming" they call it, and every god dam street in my city is getting them. I'm trying to argue to just put a stop sign. I have a feeling I'm going to lose this battle as they let their kids run on the street and claim cars go to fast at the same time.

Leave a comment:

• Size9zombie
    replied
    Very cool, I am running the same trans and I'm glad to hear the synchros are holding up well, it is on my list of future upgrades.

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    The syncrotech carbon fiber synchros turned out well, work great so far. They've had two summers of use.

And great news on the magnet too!

Can't say I've found a home for this part yet. It's not bushing where the shifter assembly is on top of the trans. That "accordion" style one came in the kit too

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    Yep, got one on the way

And while we wait, let's start on the trans bearing. So we are installing the Synchrotech T2T4 bearing kit. I thought it would be a quick rip apart but found some issues....

So far so good...

Good news still...

No shavings! Sweeet!

So no issues so far, but... now to find out what bearings are making noises. Nothing was really standing out until I got to the diff...

The play in the bearing can be seen here on the bottom part of the case.

Vid of the play in the bearing. Unfortunately the differential bearings did not come with the kit, so I ordered those. Besides this the trans looks fine.

Leave a comment:

• SSMAccord
    replied
    Hmmm....how large is the sanding block that you’re using on the spoiler? Also guide coat is essential for finding low and high points.

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    I'd like to say the G-Square grill came in perfect shape, ready for paint! It did not..., but all is fixable. The spoiler is tricky... trying to not get "waves" in the body work, including the edges.

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    Ya, hose over top will work fine, i did it for a while. But seriously ... no way I could make any angle but straight work. And to say that this thing will angle up or down (to any degree) = bleeding nightmare. The coolant has to run almost free flowing between the upper rad and engine point. Anything else and the pump is trying to push the fluid. Suction bled maybe... The fun started for me on the below page. And with the OEM rad and half rad having the connection point in the middle is why the angle was just not happening.
    After the headaches I was through trying to figure this out I would not buy this. It simply won't work with our setup. Product looks great though.

& ya, i would buy that 2nd one. Looks cool!

https://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb5/forum/...ord-ex/page173

Leave a comment:

• CyborgGT
    replied
    There's also this threaded base plate from QSD for a straight-out fitting. Maybe I just suck at searching, but I haven't been able to find hose fittings like the ones they show in their photos. I really like how this one blends into the OEM casting material; looks like it belongs there.

http://www.quartersportsdrag.com/GooseNeck.html
    Last edited by CyborgGT; 04-01-2021, 07:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Grumpys93
    replied
    Well you can swing it any angle you want. Up down left right, somewhat down. Can an OEM hose slide over a -16an fitting and use the OEM clamp to hold in it place and not leak?

Because I want to eventually upgrade to an fittings but don’t want to take on that project right now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X