Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I’ve been keeping up with this. I look forward to seeing what the resolution is.

    Curiously, does the engine have an abnormal amount of air coming out of the oil filler when the car is running? Its odd that the videos you took couldn’t capture the oil escaping the catch can hoses.
    http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

    Comment


      Originally posted by SSMAccord View Post
      I’ve been keeping up with this. I look forward to seeing what the resolution is.

      Curiously, does the engine have an abnormal amount of air coming out of the oil filler when the car is running? Its odd that the videos you took couldn’t capture the oil escaping the catch can hoses.
      No more air than usual. & this was expected at some point. I mean, the bottom end was built but the top end was not touched. Time to touch it

      Comment


        Weeeeell today was a day to go check out a junker cb7. I get an email when the local junk yard gets one, so off we went.

        Spoiler alert - it was junk









        What I was looking for.
        ...................................But no good...The only thing i got was a hood seal.


        wow, someone is keeping their Integra!



        More head shots






        Comment


          What parts do you need? A V clean 93 SE showed up at a local yard recently. If you need moldings they were in nice shape, but are painted gold due to it being an SE.
          http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

          Comment


            Originally posted by SSMAccord View Post
            What parts do you need? A V clean 93 SE showed up at a local yard recently. If you need moldings they were in nice shape, but are painted gold due to it being an SE.
            Yep. Looking for 4 door mouldings. Mine are rusted like the car in the junk yard. I'm jealous, here we get a cb7 in the junk yard maybe once a year and this is what they look like

            Comment


              I meant to follow up. I can grab those moldings and ship them to NS. I have no idea what shipping might cost though.
              http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

              Comment


                Originally posted by SSMAccord View Post
                I meant to follow up. I can grab those moldings and ship them to NS. I have no idea what shipping might cost though.
                Doesn't matter. I'll pay for shipping + your time. Appreciated of course! and don't go out of your way

                Comment






                  93 SE Moldings. You will have to repaint them obviously, but I think the paint process helped these to not have the rust swell. The passenger front molding snapped off its little stud due to it being exposed to the elements. You'll have to use mounting tape or epoxy a small stud/screw to rectify the situation.
                  http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by SSMAccord View Post




                    93 SE Moldings. You will have to repaint them obviously, but I think the paint process helped these to not have the rust swell. The passenger front molding snapped off its little stud due to it being exposed to the elements. You'll have to use mounting tape or epoxy a small stud/screw to rectify the situation.

                    Perfect! Let me PM ya.

                    Comment


                      This. x 4 ......not fun really.

                      Comment


                      Yaaa.





                      And......... fail. Big fail. That's about $300 and 8 months of work down the drain now :\ Dropped it by accident.

                      \

                      Thought I could use these but the lenses are different. Ripped it apart anyways, but with the no lines and black epoxy..naaaaa


                      Clear lens on EDM clears. Weird...




                      Comment


                        I suppose the color can't be removed from stock lights?

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                          I suppose the color can't be removed from stock lights?
                          stock lights, the lens is actually coloured. I still have mine.

                          Comment


                            Oh no. That is rotten luck. Perhaps you finish the other 3 lights in the mean time and stalk eBay for a single lamp, should one show up?
                            http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by SSMAccord View Post
                              Oh no. That is rotten luck. Perhaps you finish the other 3 lights in the mean time and stalk eBay for a single lamp, should one show up?
                              Really one of the bummers of working on an older car. Everything is scratched, dented, .... used. Nothing is new and you can't bring the parts back to OEM quality. The past few months I keep thinking ........ " where are all the parts....!?!". I'm amazed at the parts I use to see on ebay for a cb7 are now gone...

                              - Greddy lips
                              - Xenon parts
                              - Digital climate controls
                              - Intersection lights
                              - One piece headlights
                              - One piece tail lights
                              - .......

                              In fact, I think we are at the age where there is only ONE set of one piece headlights and clear tails left online! Same with G-Square grills etc. Too bad the price of carbon fiber hoods hasn't come down yet.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X