No announcement yet.

Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have since switched back to the key and cylinder. I hated constantly having to press the brake to start it and then if it doesn’t start, you have to push the button and turn the car completely off to restart it again.
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Yaa... I'm predicting me being stuck somewhere bc of this thing failing.... Not sure what to do yet.

Comment

I’ve been watching the JDI kit for a while, but haven’t pulled the trigger because I like having the column lock when working on front end suspension. That said, could you replace the JDI switch with an S2000 (or other button since lots of cars have them now)? It would require putting the button somewhere else of course.
        http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Ok. Sorted out the JDM bumper pole switch. The harness side that goes up by the drivers side takes 3 plugs on the fuse box. Dam. And in this pic I determined that the bumper pole light needs it's own 12V constant too. So I'll have to run some wires up to the fuse box and splice in a wire. And at least then I can put the bumper on.

But the pole is pretty cool. With the relay setup it:
          - only works when the parking lights are on / or headlights
          - if you turn off the lights it auto retracts (if extended) (even without using the button)
          - the light does have a delay to it, which is cool too

With all the "stuff" up front the wires get really confusing and should really be "loomed".

- Low beam HID convert wire w/ shutter wire
          - High beam wire
          - Halo wires (split off some other wire)
          - Intersection OEM harness (interconnects with signal light bulb wires)
          - Bumper pole light with OEM harness

Eventually my goal is to move the turbo piping and have fog lights in the bumper again.

Comment

Well what a productive few days it's been. Sally is finally done........ purring and sounding better too. (Minus the ignition / push button start thing. I think I'll be forced to go back to OEM because it won't fail like).

Bumper pole is finished and fully functional. Was all OEM so it was easy to wire up
            - To have the light at the top function I created a power wire & an old connector so it will be plug and play in to the current plug. Using the 'heated seat' fuse location
            - Ran power and ground to the passenger side fuse box under the fender
            - Ran the switch to the center console

*--------------

Yellow wire on the last 2 pin connector.

I need a rear fog light button.

Your view...

Bumper pole functional

Purrrr

The next thing will be to sand and paint the side skirts and rear lip which won't be too bad. Just takes time. Since I have no life and a few days to spare, I may tackle this. Really loving how the car has no leaks and is sounding better than before. Some head chatter but that's because it's old and used. Cheers.

Comment

This is all buttoned up! She looks better than ever.

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAccord View Post
                I’ve been watching the JDI kit for a while, but haven’t pulled the trigger because I like having the column lock when working on front end suspension. That said, could you replace the JDI switch with an S2000 (or other button since lots of cars have them now)? It would require putting the button somewhere else of course.
                If I recall correctly you cant use the s2000 because it has more then 2 posts and requires a different relay setup.

John, Love the Bumper pole looks really awesome, congrats on getting it working oem style. I want one as well, hopefully another complete one pops up in the near future. Though my under dash fusebox plugs are also being taken up by my auto headlights, So may have to move that around
                ~Nick~
                FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13

Comment

Yo John! Hey did you have to cut a notch out of your bumper bar to fit the bumper pole in there? Or are you running the jdm style bumper bar? I’ve gotta mount one on my wagons bumper.
                  5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

Oh and I have a real cb accord rear fog button if you need one. But they go in the dash bezel same as the front fog so you’ll have to get a console button for the front fog. Like an integra one.

~Mark~

Comment

Hey! I seen your MRT and the white wheels. All I could think was. ... "the white wheels make me feel 17!". " the chrome wheels make me feel 30" . Both are great and I can't decide which ones to be honest....

Wellll...........Nope, I did not have to cut any of that horrible gross black death fiberglass stuff. But of course I got smart with it as my intersection lights are in the way. But you can tell that it was meant to go down the side of the bumper, the way the mount is... with the screws facing toward the bumper, and how the wires run. But our bumpers have none of the "stuff" it would mount to. There's just nothing there.

- I reversed the bracket and wires to make it fit the other way.
                      - After determining that it was as thick as the white styrofoam part I cut out the spot where it will sit (see pic) . Then I drilled holes in the black fiberglass thing so that when I put the bumper on (with the pole) the bolts went into holes drilled in the fiberglass thing. It's super secure now. Hope that makes sense.

Comment

I see wha cha did. I forgot there’s a thinner spot at the top of the crash bar. Jdm & edm bumpers have no crash bar. It’s just a small bumper bar with mount holes on either side for the poles. But I’m saving mine for my coupe. It leaves allot of room for an intercooler. But my wagon needs the pole and I have the intersection lights for it. Thanks for the info meng.

~Mark~

Comment

Some updates for all......

I did get the new JDM Distributor ECU for the push button start. Installed it and the unit (push start button) lighted right up. & the car started right up too. But... this worries me.
                          - The face that the owner just sent one out immediately, no questions asked
                          - The face that he's now not asking for the old unit back & has no questions of what the issue might be
                          - The fact that I've had very little use out of this unit and it broke

Don't know if I should trust it.........

Nothing stands out here. No cheap solder joints, no Made In China stamps. No blown capacitors, ..... nothing bad at all.

Went to work on the side skirts and rear lips. Didn't put too much effort in to these as they are side skirts. But they still needed some work.
                          - Re-soldered the top as well as the joints to the backside of the unit. Basically melting plastic to plastic
                          - Sanded, filled a little, sanded

Have a really good feeling about how the look will turn out, will have some fini pics tomorrow!

Comment

Today I went to start the car and had the same issue with the push button start. It's like it has no power. 2min later it worked. And one of the starts it had no sound, but it did light up. & when it does have sound it sounds like a very very cheap ... thing. I don't trust it. I think I'll eventually go back to the key method although you could start it with a butter knife. haha

But....... on with the show! There's no camera filters on these pics! And besides a carbon fiber hood and trunk I'd say Sally is pretty much complete!
                            Fini on painting the side skirts and rear / front lip!

Last edited by Raf99; 07-19-2022, 06:08 AM.

Comment

She does look real nice dude. Like I said I switched back to the old key method and haven't had any problems since. If I plan to leave the car outside for more then a couple mins, I always use my anti theft methods, aka circuit breaker, removing steering wheel and a couple other things. I dont have any radio presets and the clock doesn't bother me being wrong. But damn Sally looks great. I really want a carbon fiber trunk as well, though I don't know if any are in circulation now. Should have pull the trigger many many moons ago..
                              ~Nick~

Comment

This does look very complete. I’m digging the side skirts and lips.

Comment

Working...
                                X