Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by kratemertyl View Post
    What's the idea behind the circuit breaker for the starter? Is it a must?
    It is the most important must of the battery relocation! If the wire between the starter and the battery were to fray/touch the body/malfunction it would simply keep sparking sending electricity out of the wire and catch the car on fire. The breaker is there to cutoff the flow of electricity to that wire/component.

    Comment


      If ya'll remember this..



      Finally hooked up, turned out great!


      Comment


        I got ya. I imagine circuit breakers have different ratings, what are you running ? And how about placement, as close to battery as possible I guess huh

        Oh and I dig the new signature pic

        Comment


          Wow. Where is that tailight from?

          Comment


            haha awesome! That's the coolest spot for a rearview camera. Shame the video is flipped


            - 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

            Comment


              Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
              If ya'll remember this..



              Finally hooked up, turned out great!


              Cool idea. Are you able to calibrate the lines?


              Follow me on Instagram: @jdm_inspired_93

              1993 Accord EX
              2011 Accord EXL


              Click here for: eBaY iTeMs

              Comment


                Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                If ya'll remember this..



                Finally hooked up, turned out great!



                awesome! Pretty slick placement..so whens the front facing flir eye getting installed? Night time blacked out cruise time lmao..

                ever hear of the story of the guy who sped on backroads no lights with flir goggles on? lmao took the cops forever to finally get him

                Comment


                  Originally posted by kratemertyl View Post
                  I got ya. I imagine circuit breakers have different ratings, what are you running ? And how about placement, as close to battery as possible I guess huh

                  Oh and I dig the new signature pic
                  Thanks, figured it would attract some folks. Breakers a 160amp for starter, 80amp for large amp, and 50amp for smaller amp.

                  Originally posted by Lucien View Post
                  Wow. Where is that tailight from?

                  These are "red/clears" as people call them. They are out there.


                  Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
                  haha awesome! That's the coolest spot for a rearview camera. Shame the video is flipped
                  Not flipped, just my garage door. I'll see if I can get a daytime pic.

                  Originally posted by jdm_inspired View Post
                  Cool idea. Are you able to calibrate the lines?
                  No. Which sucks. Since the camera is meant to be mounted in the middle of the car I imagine the calibration would put one of the lines off the screen. So maybe I'll luck out and the lines will match up in some weird way to parking lines. The good news is that i can drive with this camera always on. It's not one of those "only works in reverse" BS cameras.

                  Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
                  awesome! Pretty slick placement..so whens the front facing flir eye getting installed? Night time blacked out cruise time lmao..

                  ever hear of the story of the guy who sped on backroads no lights with flir goggles on? lmao took the cops forever to finally get him

                  lol..... I always wanted a pair! And you can buy them on ebay, etc.

                  Comment


                    paint the lil chrome strips that are visible under the trunklid on the red clears i believe u can swap the old covers from the the oe tails on the outers
                    <

                    (129)Transactions and counting

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by tommi View Post
                      paint the lil chrome strips that are visible under the trunklid on the red clears i believe u can swap the old covers from the the oe tails on the outers
                      Could, but I like the chrome

                      Comment


                        Wait, so those are just red/clears that you cut and fitted the camera into? That's a super clean job.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Lucien View Post
                          Wait, so those are just red/clears that you cut and fitted the camera into? That's a super clean job.
                          The camera is in the trunk lock hole. Some cutting still was required.

                          Comment


                            Man it has been awhile since I've popped in here and you have done some amazing work! Where did you purchase your intercooler piping?
                            ~Nick~
                            FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                            MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

                            Comment


                              That camera is pretty cool, looks OE!
                              '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing - Chassis Dynamics Data

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                                It is the most important must of the battery relocation! If the wire between the starter and the battery were to fray/touch the body/malfunction it would simply keep sparking sending electricity out of the wire and catch the car on fire. The breaker is there to cutoff the flow of electricity to that wire/component.
                                I just relocated my battery too! Added circuit breakers and additional fuses myself
                                Omar | aww_shiet | Facebook | Instagram

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X