Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSMAccord
    replied
    That is a fantastic accomplishment! You and Sally definitely deserve this!

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    ​ Well..... I won !! I will admit a small tear came to my eye haha. Best classic Honda show car for the event! (first award I've ever won with her)

There were over 250 cars at the event. Indoor was this pic x 2 (the other half if behind me), and more outside. Amazing amazing cars though! Too many to show...

Last edited by Raf99; 05-28-2023, 08:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    Well each day I've been aiming to improve Sally a little more for this weekend event. (and on a side note I was thinking of changing the name of Sally to something else. An ex-gf came up with that name long ago..... )

But....anywho...

Was painting under the hood & then started on some spots on the rear trunk.

Doing little things like wrapping this wire in fabric tape..

And... lot's of cleaning...

The pic Driven used to slap their logo on. . Already seeing if they'll do another version for me

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    Well I've been busy working on Sally. I'm not going to fix the oil pan leak until after the car show... it barely leaks one drop per outing. Items to do:

- Clean rust on hood and clean up hood. done.
    - Rotate tires - done
    - Find centre console filler piece - no.. dam.. can't find it.

I'm going to buy some black carpet dye / spray and re do the front rugs. & ..... some more green paint. I'm going to vacuum her good. ........... wish I could buy her a CF hood.
    But I'll keep cleaning it and wax it before the show....

Had to just improve this a little. So sand out some spots, spray it. done.

Bought some picks....

And a great light ...

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    So the only leak Sally has is here, and I thought this was always that bolt leaking oil. But now that I see the oil pan gasket leaking up here I think the oil is just running down near that bolt.

Leave a comment:

• SSMAccord
    replied
    Sally is looking stunning! I think people are not used to seeing cars of this age so well maintained and they appreciate that someone cares.

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    Man... with the only issue being ' too much blowby in high boost, Sally is still a blast to drive! Pulls like mad! Everyone seems to like it when I go places.

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    Random photos. Besides the 2017 Audi A4 S-Line manual I now have this in my possession too. 2020 Acura TLX Tech A-Spec auto.

Always wish I knew someone who could do really nice air brushing to do the gas cap...

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    It definitely can be felt with the finger nail. I'll have to keep an eye out for drivers side glass and rear drivers side glass.

Leave a comment:

• daovangphotos
    replied
    Glass, I usually just clay bar my glass after a wash, and polish it and wax it.

I have done a few cars where I wet sand with some 2000+ grit and then polish and wax.

If it is scratched and can be felt with your finger nail, I do not think you can buff that out.

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    Thanks.

Oh, did drive Sally for a week already. Not a dam thing wrong... she's always solid. No blow-by out of the head into the catch can. See the oil pan is leaking again around the crank seal. Should fix that. But still a blast to drive.
    She desperately needs new tires. Stickier tires. These tires are horrible to be honest.

I am going to start getting her ready for her show. There's some chips out of the hood that I'm not sure what to do with yet. Technically the whole hood requires a full re-paint. Could try to blend a fix in too. I need to think of what else to clean or polish, etc. All the glass have scratches on them which I wish I could remove. On the outside too. (up & down scratches). Can one polish scratches out of glass?

Ya, she still looks exactly like this. Almost ... perfect. The rock chips you may see you have to be close to see them. Maybe I should put the Chrome border headlights in.

- Having trouble getting the top rear windows chrome piece to stay flush on the window. Took off a few times but meh...
    - I did buy the 4x114.3 1999 CL hubs to start on the brake upgrade kit. All I need is the FFC rotors and caliper adapters & banjo bolts.
    - Oh, and finally found someone selling a H22 intake valve to replace the 1 bent one on that spare head I have. Would be nice to be able to rebuild a head fully.- Having trouble getting the top rear windows chrome piece to stay flush on the window. Took off a few times but it won't stay flush.

Last edited by Raf99; 05-02-2023, 06:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SSMAccord
    replied
    Hmmmmmm… the RL calipers use the brembo package rotors from 03-08 350Z models. I think they can be redrilled pretty easily and the center bore opened up to 70.1mm. FFC rotors can be purchased already modified.

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    SSMAccord, what year of Nissan 350z front rotors will work with the Acura RL front calipers? and they are 5x114.3 and you're drilling it to 4x114.3 ?
    (using acura cl 1999 hubs / bearings)

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    Yep you are correct. But I think the amount of smoke is an indicator or some ring leakage..

Leave a comment:

• SSMAccord
    replied
    Hmmmmm…is this smoke or is this steam? Oil can get a bit of condensation when it sits over the winter and then the water steams out when it reaches temp the first time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X