No announcement yet.

Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude I just read through your thread and I gotta say, this car is looking really nice. I love the swap and even the headlights look really good.

As for your trunk carpet, I think your solution should do just fine. Was your carpet all ripped up and that's why you're replacing it or did it not stay in place (like mine)
    Being normal is probably the lamest thing you can try to be

Comment

Originally posted by Kboers View Post
      Dude I just read through your thread and I gotta say, this car is looking really nice. I love the swap and even the headlights look really good.

As for your trunk carpet, I think your solution should do just fine. Was your carpet all ripped up and that's why you're replacing it or did it not stay in place (like mine)
      I appreciate the comments! i did find an answer on cb7 on how to get the trunk/back seat carpet off. Here's the link:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=108666

I'm re-doing my carpet because the old one has some stains in it and 2 burn spots. These stains are permenent. My current plan is to buy another square piece of fabric. The first one is 46" x 61" which was large enough to cover the whole trunk, but not the back seat also. I will use the other piece to cover the back seat and join the pieces at the back of the sub box; also where the trunk and back seat meet. The material is flimsy and won't properly hold in the corners (near the tail-lights), so I'll have to think of a way to re-enforce it.

I may also go with my initial plan of cutting the back seat material at the bottom and sticking it to the seat. Then take care of the trunk with new black material.

Other options (which I already did to my floor mats) would be to dye the OEM rug black. It would probably take 2-3 cans. But this still wouldn't look as good as the above pic with new rug.

Comment

Today i started the install of these. At first the speakers would hit the frame of the car, so I had to use some spacers for the setup. Super happy with the results so far.

--

I'll have more pics when I'm done, its dark out now.

Comment

man, i have always liked your sweet green cb7 .
          still a pleasure to look at .
          great job .

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

Originally posted by stretch JDM View Post
            man, i have always liked your sweet green cb7 .
            still a pleasure to look at .
            great job .
            Your words mean a lot man! I just left ya a message on your MRT.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
              Today i started the install of these. At first the speakers would hit the frame of the car, so I had to use some spacers for the setup. Super happy with the results so far.

--

I'll have more pics when I'm done, its dark out now.

Dude that's sick! Where did u find these?

Comment

Originally posted by cb7_with_snail View Post
                Dude that's sick! Where did u find these?
                Thanks. Q-logic speaker pods! Check them out online.
                I will have some more pics soon everyone once i get back into working on the car. I just finished moving and I am in the middle of doing some other big projects (mom's siding, cleaning for moving, fixing up the new pad).
                My mother's 1994 accord died today also. There was so much rust in around where the drivers side upper control arm bolts goes that one of the bolts broke through today. Not good. Beyond repair, high milage car. Will probably sell the car for parts, may post a pic on here...
                It would be to use the rear calipers off it, but not sure they fit...

Last edited by Raf99; 06-27-2011, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Finally getting situated in the new pad. Have a list of things to get done so I was cleaning up the barn to use.

- Install speaker pods/amp/wiring (need power distribution block).
                  - Reconnect heat/cold knob wire in back of unit. ug. (I have no idea how this got disconnected. Car went to mechanic for unrelated item, week later I noticed it did nothing). Only thing that bugs me is that I have to take the dash trim out to get at it.
                  - Replace gas gauge light bulb in dash. ug #2
                  - Secure stereo (keep sliding out, know the fix already)
                  - Clean more

I've been debating buying these red/clear tails on a website for $100. I'm sure my car will thank me when I do get them. I'm also purchasing OEM headlamps again to switch to HIDs (low beam only as I have DRLs). I think I'll black them out first before I put them in. There's a bunch of things I wish I could buy right now!,,,.... but I have to wait. Ug. (like a rear lip) Its a $$$ thing. in due time. Cheers

--

--
                  (time for another shelf soon)

Comment

Today I took the rear drums off and painted them. They had some rust on them which had started to show. I think it turned out well.

Looking at this photo and the wheel, made me want 18" rims. I think the next set will be a 215/40/18, I'd like to even see if 205/45/18 will fit (research needed). I don't want to go any lower in ride height, but I'd like to fill the space in that wheel well.

I think my PS is on the way out too. Last week I had to buy some fluid and at the same time there was some grease/droplets on my alternator. After having to put fluid in it twice in two weeks something is going on. I'm guessing its the shaft seal.Its leaking, just tiny bits, almost a spray, leaking down on the alternator. I noticed today its starting to make a mess. I put the car in the garage and I'll take a look/research that tomorrow.

Cheers.

Comment

Doing a battery relocation and some other things. During the battery relocation I realized the trunk is a mess. So I decided to redo the whole thing. I'll be dying the side pieces of the trunk black and the lower back piece of rug. I will make a whole new (functional) floor for the trunk with areas for my sub box, battery box and anything else. If time permits I'll do a wire tuck and finish the install of the speaker pods.

--

--
                      (Can't help but wonder what happens to these during a wire tuck. I had a good look at it all and it looks confusing! From what I read its not that bad once you get into it, but I still have the obvious questions like..., where does the starter wire go, under the tranny? Are people only relocating the wires that are for all the lights? And the wires in the below picture, I don't think these go back in the firewall, maybe they are lengthened where they stand as the connectors only reach so far. But before I do the tuck I'll need some wire (22awg i think). It would be best to get another harness.)

--

--

--

--
                      (Ug. How gross...., time for a new)

--

--

--

--

not done...

Comment

--

--

--

Last edited by Raf99; 07-30-2011, 02:14 AM.

Comment

I hate this bolt! I'm not sure if its a bolt or a screw..., its a confused little guy. It was rusty and very hard to get out.

Last edited by Raf99; 07-26-2011, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Yes, that bolt sucks! The Philips head is such a tease. Always have to use penetrating oil, and then a pair of pliers or wrench.

Very nice job with your DIY trunk panel!
                            My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

Originally posted by Joshy View Post
                              Yes, that bolt sucks! The Philips head is such a tease. Always have to use penetrating oil, and then a pair of pliers or wrench.

Very nice job with your DIY trunk panel!
                              thanks. lol. your sig gave me a good laugh.

Comment

Today I (and with the help of some lucky others) got a lot done. The rest of the A/C components were removed. Some tubing and connectors and the condesor unit. The whole drivers side wire tuck and cleanup. Canisters removed and items relocated in the fender. OEM bumper airbox removed also.

Big thanks to Dave M. for helping out today. He took the rest of the A/C lines out and the condensor unit and helped out with the harness today!

--

--

--

--

--
                                Very nice wire extension job done on the resistor box. Thanks to Adam M. for that!

--

--

--

And the finished product.

(cont..., cheers)

Comment

Working...
                                X