Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
    I can see why people would wanna leave this chromed out.

lol typeG that s**t, polish the whole thing till it's mad chrome

Comment

Remember this guy. It was 216,000km, 91 exr, $3000. I was walking today and I passed by his house. He was outside, admiring the car. I went and had a little chat with him again. He is still stuck on $3000 for this car. He said he may increase the price as he had more work done to the car recently. I mentioned that there are others selling newer cars (10 years newer) with half the km for the same price, and he shrugged it off.
      He has A LOT of sentimental value for this car, and I can't blame him. He is the original owner, he looked after it very well, and he knows the history of the cb7s. He said he had a offer for $2500 and he turned it down.
      IMO there's no way he is going to budge from $3000. I can also tell that his wife wants him to sell it and he does not want to sell it.

I've looked over the car and it does have some faults, but very few. It has rust under the engine bay where the wheel well corners are, but it may only be surface rust. The same goes for the rear inner wheel wells, but again it may only be surface rust. The top of the rear seat has faded/melted apart from the sun always hitting it (this has to do with how he has parked it in the yard for the past decades). I'm pretty sure these are the only things wrong with it which is really nothing. I can understand why he wants so much for it, and it will take a special someone to buy it for that price. That someone is not me

I'd pay $3000 for it if it had less km. One day I'll drive by and see it gone I'm sure.

Comment

Originally posted by 1990[H]accordex View Post
        lol typeG that s**t, polish the whole thing till it's mad chrome
        I give credit to typeG and anyone who chromed out their VC. DAM, this is a lot of work! I'm talking hours and hours and hours of finger grinding sanding. And that's after the spray on paint remover. My hat goes off to them...

--

You can see the middle bottom section is not done. I'll get her done soon. Unfortunately its not staying chromed. It will be painted Arcadian green.

Comment

Lovin the Valve cover! You should shave the letters paint the outer part Arcadia and paint the spark plug cover silver

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Originally posted by keepinitclean View Post
            Lovin the Valve cover! You should shave the letters paint the outer part Arcadia and paint the spark plug cover silver
            Thanks man! So many options The original plan was to paint it Arcadian green, and sand the letters down to silver with the spark plug cover being silver/black like so...

But now i'm not sure how this is going to look, or if it will fit my style. I'll have to give it some thought.

Comment

Lol, i already know ur style it's called, everything color matched haha, only thing i believe that isn't color coded is ur blue underglow

Comment

holy fuck. nothing erks me more than spraying ya last coat or primer and the can starts spitting blobs of shit on ya shit. grrrrr, back to sanding.
                Last edited by Raf99; 08-22-2012, 08:59 PM.

Comment

holy fuck. nothing erks me more than spraying ya last coat or primer and the can starts spitting blobs of shit on ya shit. grrrrr, back to sanding.
                  haha happens all the time

Comment

Originally posted by 1990[H]accordex View Post
                    haha happens all the time
                    Ya, the can was getting low, but I was like "its my last coat". I'll hit it with some 1000 grit and get a new can.

Comment

Sup buddy...just checkin' in. So how's the retrofit coming along...any progress?

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Originally posted by Function>Form View Post
                        Sup buddy...just checkin' in. So how's the retrofit coming along...any progress?
                        It hasn't gone anywhere since the last update. I decided that I like your setup so much that I want a pair of JDM one piecers to retrofit So I'm going to save up money to buy a set. I may buy parts and pieces along of course. I just really liked the look of the black housed ebay one piecers POS, and really like the functionality of the USDM non-one piece'r, so why not combine the best of both worlds with one piece JDMs. If i had the mo money it would of been done already.

Sorry to disappoint

Comment

No worries, not disappointed at all. I took FOREVER to finish my retrofit. The first one is the toughest. Just take your time and do it right.

And you're absolutely right about the JDM one-piecers. They are the best of the best. frootloops has the hook-up once you've got the cheddar.

Keep us updated!

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

I have to admit, this VC project has been the most rewarding. I'll get some better pics in the sun tomorrow. I put it on the car and was like wow! ..... I'm still smiling I like the results so much

--

--

Comment

Wow is right! That looks awesome. Color-matched VC FTW...

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Simply beautiful.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

Working...
                                X