No announcement yet.

Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey was wondering if these are the set of rotors you have on your car looking at picking up a set, getting tired of warping rotors lol.....

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/EBC-3GD-DRILL...ht_1065wt_1037

Comment

Originally posted by 1990[H]accordex View Post
      Hey was wondering if these are the set of rotors you have on your car looking at picking up a set, getting tired of warping rotors lol.....

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/EBC-3GD-DRILL...ht_1065wt_1037
      yep those are them. EBC drilled/slotted rotors! Great buy. If you get them make sure to clean them with carbon cleaner and I'd paint the area that rusts (that i showed you on my car).

Comment

Yaaa, today I set out to repair the focus drivers front lower control arm. It took me over 5 hours of fighting, cursing, and hurting just to get the part off! OMG, I'm hating this car already. The bolts that hold the front lower control arm on were rusted and on there really tight. And I spent 2hours + fighting with the lower ball joint. Its funny how the lower ball joint is riveted to the lower control arm so the whole unit must be changed. Its also interesting how their brakes are setup. But check out the carnage!

Ouch!

Comment

A Ford Focus is THAT rusty?! Holy hell. How do your CB's survive?!

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
            A Ford Focus is THAT rusty?! Holy hell. How do your CB's survive?!
            lol you should see my cb and it's usually winter driven,

Comment

Honestly, the pic of that subframe of the Focus looks more like cars you'd see out here.....from 1930.

Comment

Ya, nice rust. Going to undercoat the bottom of this thing. And everyone's cb7 looks like this out here if you drive it in the winter and don't undercoat it

Comment

Got the focus fixed. Will undercoat that thing as I don't think anyone has done it before and it shows. But as for now its good as new, just has surface rust underneath.

But on with the show, I know y'all like pictures
                  I'm also re-doing the motor mounts in the cb7 and still working on moving the accord seat sliders over to the prelude seats.

Passenger side seat with the plastic removed on the side. This is the right side of the seat (assuming you were sitting in the seat). I believe most doing this seat swap are splitting this section in half. I mean they are not bothering to get the upper-upper bolt out of the backing section of the seat and are simply using the rail section only (which requires drilling, etc).

You can see here where the two bolts went for this section of the seat. Its really hard to get up in the area of the 2nd/top bolt without the proper tools. It's going to be even more impossible to do the Prelude seats as the fabric is tighter and not as flexible.

It helps to have one of these tools...

We'll see how it goes, this is only the passenger seat and I still have to get the Prelude seat apart. More pics to come...

Comment

Does the back of the prelude seat not have a removable or zipper section like the 92 seats I have? The cb7 ones should unhook from the pocket and at least the older prelude seats unzip. If not you have to open the seam at the back to avoid tearing the cloth in a spot you cant repair it.

If those are like the older lude seats, they will lean back kinds far if you drill the bottom hole straight down, move the new hole back on the accord bracket to bring the angle up a bit.
                    My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds View Post
                      Does the back of the prelude seat not have a removable or zipper section like the 92 seats I have? The cb7 ones should unhook from the pocket and at least the older prelude seats unzip. If not you have to open the seam at the back to avoid tearing the cloth in a spot you cant repair it.

If those are like the older lude seats, they will lean back kinds far if you drill the bottom hole straight down, move the new hole back on the accord bracket to bring the angle up a bit.
                      No zipper, and Naa, they're not like those ones. These are the 97+ heated seats. Leather around the side, tight.

Comment

I ended up taking the mount apart and painting the plate silver, and the mount black. It turned out nicely.

--

--

--

--

Comment

And still mounting the seats. Still on the passenger seat actually. I have all the rails and bolts done for the left side of the seat (the side without the spring, handle, etc). These pics are from that right side, which is now done. Just have to clean up the rails a bit, paint, and then on with the drivers side.

Passenger seat, right side. Modifed the hole and custom washer.

The other hole that is needed for the backrest connection.

The fun part is trying to get the upper bolt back in for this section. Almost impossible on the 97 prelude seat.

Comment

Damn fine progress Sir...
                            Looking better every time I see her.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

Originally posted by stretch JDM View Post
                              Damn fine progress Sir...
                              Looking better every time I see her.
                              Thanks man, slow and steady has been the trend lately.

Comment

Guess who's car is goin to be stored this winter

Comment

Working...
                                X