No announcement yet.

Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screw that shop bro. The H duce duce goes into newer civics and gets boosted all the time very successfully. It's shops like that I don't like, while older domestic cars are restored and gain precedence with age, the fact that so many foreign rice cars are not.maintained does not help the image of older imports that are maintained, and sadly our scene is influenced by new toys more than it should be.
    My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds View Post
      Screw that shop bro. The H duce duce goes into newer civics and gets boosted all the time very successfully. It's shops like that I don't like, while older domestic cars are restored and gain precedence with age, the fact that so many foreign rice cars are not.maintained does not help the image of older imports that are maintained, and sadly our scene is influenced by new toys more than it should be.
      Amen. I just finished writing another shop (further away) who does turbo work as well; and he owns a turbo H from what I hear. The guy I was talking about has been turbo'n Fords and Chevs for 8 years+. In face only this year he started selling/getting into Hondata because of people with 08+ Civic SI's

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
        Amen. I just finished writing another shop (further away) who does turbo work as well; and he owns a turbo H from what I hear. The guy I was talking about has been turbo'n Fords and Chevs for 8 years+. In face only this year he started selling/getting into Hondata because of people with 08+ Civic SI's
        Yeah from everything I've heard I would NEVER have any american mechanic who never does more than basic maint on foreign do anything performance wise. There are tricks for clearances and such that you can get away with different things and get gains on american cars that will destroy our motors.

More important than any install shop, make sure you have a tuner in line, or that you will set up a full datalog system so you can properly attempt to tune it yourself after.

Comment

That mechanic is clearly an asshole for telling to upgrade. The H motor has more than enough potential.He is of no use to you.
          Btw Nice new coupe you have

Comment

Yeah from everything I've heard I would NEVER have any american mechanic who never does more than basic maint on foreign do anything performance wise. There are tricks for clearances and such that you can get away with different things and get gains on american cars that will destroy our motors.

More important than any install shop, make sure you have a tuner in line, or that you will set up a full datalog system so you can properly attempt to tune it yourself after.
            Don't get me wrong, he is a nice guy! But when it comes to business he always has this sour look on his face when you talk about tuning Hondas. Like a old-ass mechanic who never adapted to the fuel injection age, he just doesn't like them I think. And don't get me wrong, he knows how to tune and he has skills! He's worked on Z05/Z06s, Porches, Mustangs, GT500, Supras, he is definitely the man when it comes to American muscle!

He helped me with my last build, but the engine went to a machine shop for assembly, all he did was put it in. He took FOREVER! He does some nice weld/exhaust fab work too. The engine is rock solid and everything worked except the following were noted by myself:

- Someone else re-wired the distributor to internal since they knew how to do it better than he did
            - When I picked up the car it popped out of first gear (gear cable not tied up properly)
            - He never test drove it when complete (although I asked).
            - Heater knob broke and didn't control anything
            - Engine idled incorrectly (idle bounce) and he said he was going to fix it by trying a different IAC motor or FIV
            - Some old engine parts were never to be seen again
            - He didn't return my calls. I had to continue to call back everyday

I guess he gives you the attention for your $$$ amount you pay him :S

Originally posted by ferenza View Post
            That mechanic is clearly an asshole for telling to upgrade. The H motor has more than enough potential.He is of no use to you.
            Btw Nice new coupe you have
            Thanks for the compliments! I love the H , I don't wanna do what everyone else is doing!! Now the sad part is that I live in eastern Canada. There are only 2 guys who professionally can turbo cars w/ dyno's. The guy I mention is close, the other guy is 3 hours away.

Comment

If you trust his tuning abilities then bolt everything up yourself and get it to his shop on a basemap. Let him weld your DP to your exhaust, then tune it, and go back after a few months for another tune.

Comment

If you trust his tuning abilities then bolt everything up yourself and get it to his shop on a basemap. Let him weld your DP to your exhaust, then tune it, and go back after a few months for another tune.
                Ya, there are some items I am not comfortable with doing and/or do not know. Oil pan turbo return drain fitting, piping, cutting, P06 base map, initial start-up and other little things......

Comment

i'm not feeling the wheels thats on your CB, but over all the car looks nice
                  FRIENDS
                  DONT LET
                  FRIENDS
                  ROLL ON
                  ROTA'S

Comment

Originally posted by mugencivic4dr View Post
                    i'm not feeling the wheels thats on your CB, but over all the car looks nice
                    You're not the only one to say that. 40% of me agrees with you
                    I would love to get a set of VMRs.

Comment

--

--

Still needs a hand cleaning. Next plans are to get wind visors and a sunroof visor.

Comment

--

--

Still needs a hand cleaning. Next plans are to get wind visors and a sunroof visor.
                        I have a sunroof visor, just not the pieces to bolt it up, also have a pass side window visor, but no driver....

Comment

Originally posted by 1990[H]accordex View Post
                          I have a sunroof visor, just not the pieces to bolt it up, also have a pass side window visor, but no driver....
                          I desperately need a sunroof visor. I thought they were glued on (double sided tape). You going to be home this weekend (sunday)?

Comment

MMMMmmmm

Comment

Big thanks goes out to H23CB7!
                              Last edited by Raf99; 12-31-2013, 10:18 PM.

Comment

I desperately need a sunroof visor. I thought they were glued on (double sided tape). You going to be home this weekend (sunday)?
                                Yes I will be, and you can use double sided tap, but some come with hardware to bolt them down to the inside ridge of the sunroof.

Comment

Working...
                                X